Ready to play golf!!

T.B.T.B. Members Posts: 138 ✭✭
Idk about anyone else,, but I’m ready to play. Winter is dragging on a bit to long. Have practiced and got a few new sticks. I live in central Ohio and it’s been a cold week. Seems it’s colder this week than in middle of January. I’m hoping within the next week or so can start playing.

Comments

• JohnnyCashForeverJohnnyCashForever Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    I'm contemplating driving south on I-81 until the thermometer reads 50, getting off the highway, and playing the closest golf course that the GPS will find.
  • kmay__kmay__ Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    With ya man, played 2 sim rounds on the weekend, and hit balls at GT on the monitor for 2 hours monday night with my pal. Were ready for some real golf.
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
    PING G30 4 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,620 ClubWRX
    I don’t know how far south I’d have to drive to get clear of snow cover.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,266 ✭✭
    It's sunny and 19 here in Mid Tennessee... Chances are you'd have to go farther south. However,, supposed to pass the 60 deg mark this weekend... Playing Sunday!! What What!
  • Twism86Twism86 Members Posts: 379 ✭✭
    Im in central/north NJ and I havent been on a course since late October!! Its got cold and stayed that way, im ready to get back out there but another round of snow delayed that by at least another week.
    TM AeroBurner 9.5*
    TM SpeedBlades 4-PW
    Odyssey White Hot RX #1
    A bunch of random wedges
  • tonypizzletonypizzle Members Posts: 32 ✭✭
    ah yes. luckily I live in florida but hopefully you northern guys get some warmer weather soon. spring is soon upon us!
  • jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,296 ✭✭
    I can't say I miss the tornadoes, but I played so much more golf when I lived in Alabama (very close to where the weather hit this past weekend, in fact!).

I have very little patience for spring snow anymore.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • jjmurryjjmurry Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    I'm tired hitting range balls - I'm ready to get out there and see a ball with a normal flight. Pounding range balls all winter has really thrown off my distances so I have to relearn for the spring/summer how far I hit the ball.
    Cobra F9 - 7.5* GD AD IZ 7X
    TS2 - 15* EvenFlow T1100 75S
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4i - 18.5* AD IZ 95X Hybrid shaft
    JPX 900 Tour PW-4i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Ping Anser 2
    TP5X
  • jimb6golfjimb6golf Members Posts: 1,507 ✭✭
    Snowed quite a bit here in New England, we still have 15+" on the ground around my house, and now it's really cold as well. Can't even get to the range. It would be nice to at least get out to the range in the near future. Doesn't look like the courses will be open until mid-April the way it's going around here. Seems like winter comes later every year.
  • Pooh_BearPooh_Bear Members Posts: 99
    tonypizzle wrote:

ah yes. luckily I live in florida but hopefully you northern guys get some warmer weather soon. spring is soon upon us!

Tony's looking to get the record for most posts without a like. His talking about Florida weather in the middle of Winter shouldn't hurt his cause.
  • ohioglfrohioglfr Municipal Junkie Members Posts: 718 ✭✭
    edited Mar 7, 2019 10:51am #12
    T.B. wrote:

Idk about anyone else,, but I'm ready to play. Winter is dragging on a bit to long. Have practiced and got a few new sticks. I live in central Ohio and it's been a cold week. Seems it's colder this week than in middle of January. I'm hoping within the next week or so can start playing.
    I feel your pain, brother. I live in SW Ohio. Forecast is snow on Friday, rain Saturday and 30-40 mph wind gusts on Sunday.

Adams Speedline 9088UL 10.5* AXIVCore 69 Black (S)
    Ping G SF Tec 3W, 5W Alta 65 (R)
    Ping G 4H,5H Alta 70 (R)
    Ping G 6-U TT XP 95 (soft R)
    Ping Glide 54*, 58* WS TT XP 100 (R)
    Ping Darby Sigma G

• Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    I haven't been able to get outside and do anything golf related for about 2 and half months straight up here near Chicago. This is the first winter I can remember in a long time where that's been the case. Typically we'll get some winter, but we'll also get 3-4 day stretches of 50 degrees sprinkled in. Not this year, just absolute brutality.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,620 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 7, 2019 11:49am #14
    Dr. Block wrote:

I haven't been able to get outside and do anything golf related for about 2 and half months straight up here near Chicago. This is the first winter I can remember in a long time where that's been the case. Typically we'll get some winter, but we'll also get 3-4 day stretches of 50 degrees sprinkled in. Not this year, just absolute brutality.

I saw on weather channel this morning this is Omaha’s snowiest winter since 1983-84. The storms just seem to be following the same path over and over. Here in Northern Colorado I’ve probably played a dozen times since the start of the year. And we played a lot in Nebraska-Wyoming in November and December.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭

Dr. Block wrote:

I saw on weather channel this morning this is Omaha's snowiest winter since 1983-84. The storms just seem to be following the same path over and over. Here in Northern Colorado I've probably played a dozen times since the start of the year. And we played a lot in Nebraska-Wyoming in November and December.

I can usually get a handful of rounds in each of the winter months here as well, but not this year. The only good thing is the considerable snow pack will lead to good moisture levels and healthy turf conditions when spring finally does come. Not healthy swing condition though. I tried to hit a few balls in a golf simulator last weekend - it was bad. It's time to switch my workouts back to stretching and cardio exclusively. Lifting weights and not supplementing the necessary golf swings in the past few months has killed my golf swing range of motion and muscle memory.
  • FergusonFerguson Executive Member VAMembers Posts: 4,453 ✭✭
    I played twice last weekend. A little wet and a little chilly but it was well worth it.
  • fillwelixfillwelix Members Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
    What I would give for this Boston snow to melt
    WITB
    Mizuno ST180 9.5 Tensei Blue 70 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 3 Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89 / Toulon Long Island / Spider Tour Red
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,120 ✭✭
    T.B. wrote:

Idk about anyone else,, but I'm ready to play. Winter is dragging on a bit to long. Have practiced and got a few new sticks. I live in central Ohio and it's been a cold week. Seems it's colder this week than in middle of January. I'm hoping within the next week or so can start playing.
    Some of us never had to stop image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Although this weekend was looking dodgy (can't play sat, sun was hail) but looks okay now.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • tommgtommg Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    Things are looking up, mid 40s this weekend. Seasonable weather to follow. May be over the hump. Not taking any chances though, heading to NC next week.
  • kmay__kmay__ Members Posts: 218 ✭✭
    Another sim round booked for tomorrow evening, but some warmer temps are on the way. -16C this morning, thats cold for March.
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
    PING G30 4 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 300 ✭✭
    I just want to hit balls off actual turf.

I despite mats. It's psychological, really. I know there's no "give" to the ground and don't compress the ball properly. I'm terrible hitting off mats. Once I'm back on grass, all will be right in the world.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood
    Callaway Great Big Bertha Heavenwood
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • msgmsg Members Posts: 315 ✭✭
    I live in Winnipeg. Who lives in Winnipeg? lol

We may be looking at another month or so before we can play. I am sick of hitting indoors.
  • fillwelixfillwelix Members Posts: 1,207 ✭✭
    kmay__ wrote:

Another sim round booked for tomorrow evening, but some warmer temps are on the way. -16C this morning, thats cold for March.

For some reason I never think of booking a sim round until friday, when there's no availability. Gotta set a reminder in my calendar lol
    WITB
    Mizuno ST180 9.5 Tensei Blue 70 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 3 Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89 / Toulon Long Island / Spider Tour Red
  • Viktoryred3Viktoryred3 Just playing the game... Members Posts: 170 ✭✭
    T.B. wrote:
    Idk about anyone else,, but I’m ready to play. Winter is dragging on a bit to long. Have practiced and got a few new sticks. I live in central Ohio and it’s been a cold week. Seems it’s colder this week than in middle of January. I’m hoping within the next week or so can start playing.

I’m right with ya...I’m on the shores of Lake Erie, right outside Cleveland. Time to put the plethora of purchases this offseason to good use!
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭
    I think we should have bifurcation on cold weather vs warm weather handicaps.

How is it fair for those of us who basically can’t play for months straight be expected to compete against guys who play 365 days/year😂
  • sunbeltgolfersunbeltgolfer Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    Snowed heavily here this morning. Followed up by heavy rain in the mid 30's. The extended forecast has some warmer days, but, all with rain. Courses around here are already drenched. May be trading their carts for Zodiac rafts.
  • sheppy335sheppy335 TMAG Junkie Members Posts: 6,341 ✭✭
    I am dying to play!!!!!
    TM M3 440 TP 10 Mitsubishi Kai'li
    TM M2 Tour 15 Kuro Kage
    TM M1 Tour 18 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
    TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
    TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
    TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
    TM P790 6,7 Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM P790 Black 8-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
    TM xFT TP 50 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Milled Grind Black Wedge 54 Nippon Pro Black WV115
    TM ATV HP 58 Nippon Pro WV115
    TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.
  • tokeybtokeyb Gonna get better ClubWRX Posts: 349 ClubWRX

I saw on weather channel this morning this is Omaha’s snowiest winter since 1983-84. The storms just seem to be following the same path over and over. Here in Northern Colorado I’ve probably played a dozen times since the start of the year. And we played a lot in Nebraska-Wyoming in November and December.

I can vouch for this. I felt so lucky to play Christmas day, and then again on Jan 5, even tho it was frozen ground and frozen greens. Has not been above freezing since, still over a foot of snowpack.

When it finally warms up (starting tomorrow with rain) it will be a massive Slopfest for a month or better. Thank God for the golf channel.
    Mizuno JPX 10.5*
    Mizuno ST180 3w 15*
    TM Burner Rescue 5 (24*)
    Titleist 710cb (4-9)
    Scratch 8820 (47*, 53*, 56*)
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 9, Tour Snsr 140cc
    Project(a)

**Right at single digits - gonna get better**
    (9.3 at end of 2018!)
  • St JimmySt Jimmy Members Posts: 397 ✭✭
    Haven't played outside since before Halloween and i'm a guy that will play in 20F temps.

The snow and wind came and never went away.
    Ping G400
    Ping G400 stretch 3
    Mizuno HM 4 iron bent to 19 degrees
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura Y Grind 51
    Miura K Grind 56
    Scotty Golo 3
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,120 ✭✭
    Looking like rain first thing tomorrow for us but supposedly it will have stopped by the time we get to the first tee. Going to be soft ground and chilly but otherwise good. Apparently the sun will be glorious just as we leave the course. The weather can be so cruel here image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • youraway2youraway2 Just Old Sticks Members Posts: 1,402 ✭✭
    Stretch, after layoffs a season can be ruined by a rotatory cuff injury.
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Ping G-400 Max, 10.5, Xtorsion[/font]
    PXG, 15-degree, ACCRA
    PXG, 19-degree hybrid, ACCRA
    Cobra DWS Utility 19-degree
    CF-16, 4-PW, UST Recoil
    0311 PXG, 5-AW, i70 Areotech Steel-fiber
    SW, 56 PXG
    Ping Nickel Anser II