Ready to play golf!!

2»

Comments

• LeftDaddyLeftDaddy Members Posts: 656 ✭✭
    edited Mar 9, 2019 9:47am #32
    I guess I shouldn’t complain too much...here in VA I’ve been able to play a handful of rounds this year in between rain showers. But I heard someone say it’s rained 45 of 65 days this year, and it feels like that is true. On the days where the temps get above 45 I like to try to go out, but this year the rain has made the courses into mud pits and swamp land. So I’ve played some, but hard to equate what I’ve been playing to “real golf” with balls basically plugging after landing, no matter the club. And the greens are so slow it is hard to wrap your head around it.

It is supposed to get above 60 deg this weekend, which is great...except it is also supposed to rain several days again. 🤬

But I feel for those of you in colder climates...I would be going crazy if I couldn’t play at all. Here’s to wishing you all a quick return to springtime!
    Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
    Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
    Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
    Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
    Bettinardi BB1
  • St JimmySt Jimmy Members Posts: 397 ✭✭
    It's been pouring all day washing away the white stuff.

Soon.

Soon.
    Ping G400
    Ping G400 stretch 3
    Mizuno HM 4 iron bent to 19 degrees
    Miura CB-57 3-PW
    Miura Y Grind 51
    Miura K Grind 56
    Scotty Golo 3
  • rwc356rwc356 Chicago, IllinoisPosts: 301 ✭✭
    Supposed to be in the mid-40's this week in Chicago. Now if the rain has stopped and the mud's not too bad ..... GOLF!!!!
    Just an older guy with 7 or 8 clubs and a MacKenzie Walker bag
  • andrueandrue Posts: 1,120 ✭✭
    Well, that was a whole load of interesting. Mostly sunny and 10c but seriously windy. I reckon some of the gusts must have been up to 60mph. On the 10th my mate and I had to wait, leaning against our trolleys to stop them being blown backwards. Several of my shots suffered ballooning - my mate had it easier since he doesn't launch as high as me.

But at least we were outside doing what we love image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • DeeBee30DeeBee30 Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Supposed to peek above 50s+ for a 2-3 days in Chicago this week before dropping back below 40! Have to remember the winter tees, though.

Couple of woods
    OG Rescue club
    Some irons
    Fistful of wedges
    Flat stick
    Some balls
    Shop Pride Evolution Striped Plastic 2-3/4" tees
    Kapalua Color Magic Minuteman repair tool
    2001 & 2003 state quarter ball markers
    DeeBee30 wrote:

Supposed to peek above 50s+ for a 2-3 days in Chicago this week before dropping back below 40! Have to remember the winter tees, though.

I can handle the winter tees - more concerned over soggy ground and mud. Just not sure how it will be - I'm walking so guess we will see. In any case it will be more fun than watching Golf Channel reruns.
  • DeeBee30DeeBee30 Posts: 298 ✭✭
    Played Prairie Bluff in Lockport today - very playable and not many very soggy areas.
    Couple of woods
    OG Rescue club
    Some irons
    Fistful of wedges
    Flat stick
    Some balls
    Shop Pride Evolution Striped Plastic 2-3/4" tees
    Kapalua Color Magic Minuteman repair tool
    2001 & 2003 state quarter ball markers
  • kmay__kmay__ Members Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Rain melted the snow, two nice local 9 hole courses opened up today, gonna try and get 9 in after work tonight before dark. image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
    PING G30 4 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • Hanlpa01Hanlpa01 Members Posts: 78 ✭✭

Late to the party but it snowed last weekend in NE Ohio. I’m itching to get out there.

Well sunshine and 39 degrees this morning in Chicago - so..... finally able to get out and play for first round this year. Cobbled together an 82 which made me really happy - guess the time spent on the simulators this winter actually paid off. Hope to play again next week as spring weather may finally have arrived.

2»