ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Honest Review of my PXG Experience

RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
edited March 6 in Deal or No Deal?
Let me first start off by saying I've owned PXG Gen1 irons and now Gen2 irons and recently got fit for a new driver and the PXG Gen2 driver gave me the best numbers. My beef isn't with the actual product, but with the experience and real lack of customer service for what you pay for the product. Usually I scoff at the PXG bashing, but what I experienced this last year from PXG makes me believe you don't get what you pay for.



I got fitted last year by a "PXG" mobile fitter at my local golf course when they first came out. He used Trackman and had all their shafts available. He selected shafts based on what I was playing in my Gen1's. We completed the fitting and he told me it would take about 2 and half weeks. So I waited and as it got closer I asked him if we were on track and I would like a copy of a receipt. I got no response, it took me 3 text messages to finally get a response back that they were back ordered and thought he had sent me a copy of my receipt and that he would get me one sent. Two and half weeks turned into about 7 weeks. Finally got them, but still no receipt, and even after numerous text msgs and promises never got one. He even asked if they sent me a PXG hat, which I said 'no' and he said that he'd get me one. That never came either.



After a month of playing I noticed that my ball was launching very high and was drawing left. "Drawing" isn't an accurate description, more like hooking. I've never had an issue hooking my shots, let alone with a 9 iron. I sent my fitter a text letting him know that I was having an issue with the shafts and that I thought that the flex was wrong based on what I was finding on the course. Several msgs sent over a period of time with no response.



I was playing at a local course I noticed a PXG fitting van parked in a driveway. I snapped a picture of it and posted to IG saying "PXG, still haven't gotten my hat. Should I go knock on his door?" I tagged PXG, and they actually replied back asking if I got fitted by PXG for my irons. I responded back that I did and told them who. PXG never responded back after that.



Since we've been snowed in here in Colorado, and I haven't been able to play I decided to go for a "fitting". Many years ago I had gotten a lifetime whole bag fitting at a local fitter that's listed as a top fitter in the country by Golf Digest's, so it wouldn't cost me anything. I explained to them what I was struggling with. The first thing they did was test the flex of my shaft. Low and behold my problem was found. My "R+" shafts were actually on the low end of a WOMEN'S flex shaft!!!! After doing a full fitting I was fitted for a TT Elevate Tour VSS Stiff shaft, and gained 12 yards of carry with my 6i, and a tighter dispersion. Shocker!



For what PXG charges for their irons, you'd think I could A) get a receipt, B) a $40 hat they promised (come on I paid about $2500 for my set), C) response back from their fitter, and D) most importantly THE RIGHT FLEX SHAFT in my irons that they built. Instead I paid an extra $600 for the right shaft with the correct flex.
Post edited by Unknown User on
Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
Callaway Epic Hybrid
PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
[background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
[background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
[background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,036 ✭✭
    YOU payed an extra $600 dollars to install the right shafts?



    I would have demanded they remake them at their expense. Have you called and spoken to anyone of any consequence at headquarters? I can’t imagine anyone with any sense in Arizona would let this situation turn into the **** show that It has become for you.



    I used to run a customer service department for a small golf company many years ago. Your situation would have been taken care of by me personally in about ten seconds.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • IDrive300FsportIDrive300Fsport ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 12 ClubWRX
    Very sorry to hear about your poor experience. These aren’t cheap clubs. So you would expect top notch service for the price you pay.
  • cflo2382cflo2382 Advanced Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Sounds like an awful experience. Seconding what Jag asked: Did you make a call to headquarters/customer service? That would have been my first move after the lack of responses from that rep. Yikes!
    PING G400 w/ HZRDUS Black 62
    TM '17 M2 3HL w/ HZRDUS Red 75
    PXG 0311X #2 DI w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura MC-501 3-PW w/ Modus3 120x
    Miura '18 Tour Milled 52 & 58 w/ Modus3 120x
    SC Studio Select Newport 2 Mid Slant
    ProV1x
    Jones Utility or Jones Original
  • Pleasedwith3puttsPleasedwith3putts Advanced Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    Totally unacceptable experience with any OEM before even factoring in the price-point.



    Hopefully by posting here someone attached to the company will see the thread and come and make it right.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Advanced Members Posts: 4,712 ✭✭
    Not sure why people tend to associate better service with the [relative] high cost of a good. I get the emotional reaction, but unless service is clearly stated part of what you're paying for in the goods, you shouldn't have the expectation that you're also going to get some perks or better treatment from the manufacturer.



    As for not getting a receipt, and whether the shafts installed were different than what the OP was fitted for, I can't make sense of any of that from the OP's post.
  • jholzjholz Advanced Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭
    With the high cost of all the extra awesomeness they put into the clubs, it's tough to afford quality customer service.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    The gentleman that was finishing his fitting before me had the EXACT same experience, only difference was he had paid the $5k+ PXG experience in Arizona and ended up garbage shafts as well. So its not an isolated incident. I figure fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. If they won't even respond back to a comment they left me on social media, doubt if they care. From their fitter to their main office they haven't shown they really give a ****. They got my $$$$, I was just fortunate enough I recently got my year end bonus at work that more than paid for a proper fitting. They even will test the shafts when they come in. I'll give a shameless plug to my fitters, D'Lance Golf in the Denver, Co area. Top notch establishment. If I wasn't already $2500 in, I would've tried the new Callaway's, Titleist and Mizuno's. Actually tried the new Mizuno's and still like the feel of the PXG's.



    Like I said in OP, I'm not big on bashing PXG, but this was ridiculous. I guess moral of the story, if you want to get properly fitted, go to a respected fitter.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Advanced Members Posts: 4,712 ✭✭
    You still haven't said whether you got the ol' bait-and-switch on the shafts after being fitted for something that then wasn't installed, or whether the same shafts you agreed worked for you at your fitting miraculously stopped performing once you took them to the course.
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    KMeloney wrote:


    Not sure why people tend to associate better service with the [relative] high cost of a good. I get the emotional reaction, but unless service is clearly stated part of what you're paying for in the goods, you shouldn't have the expectation that you're also going to get some perks or better treatment from the manufacturer.



    As for not getting a receipt, and whether the shafts installed were different than what the OP was fitted for, I can't make sense of any of that from the OP's post.




    I agree and disagree, I worked for Mercedes and we gave them a better experience than most manufactures. But I don't think my expectations of at least getting a response back from everyone involved is setting my standards too high, that should be a given. I had even tried contacting the local sales rep that put me in contact with their local fitter and even she didn't bother to respond. It left the taste in my mouth that they got my $$$, and didn't care afterwards. Again I don't think expecting at least one of the three different people associated with PXG to respond back to me is unrealistic.



    To give you an example of how a manufacture should handle a customer complaint. Callaway on two occasions set up and went above and beyond. First I bought a Epic Star 4i, less than a month the face of the iron cracked hitting range balls. They replaced immediately. Second, I had a Rogue 3w after 6 months the furrel (sic) started detaching and no questions asked sent me a brand new one within 2 days. Even though the furrel detaching was purely cosmetic.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    KMeloney wrote:


    You still haven't said whether you got the ol' bait-and-switch on the shafts after being fitted for something that then wasn't installed, or whether the same shafts you agreed worked for you at your fitting miraculously stopped performing once you took them to the course.




    No, I thought I had mentioned that when I received my irons and played them they didn't perform they way they performed at my fitting. I could tell right away that they were too soft and weren't the correct flex.That's when I started contacting the PXG fitter that I thought the flex of the shafts were wrong. Even though they say "regular" on them their true flex is on the low end of a womens flex. Maybe shame on me to think if they build their clubs in house when they're ordered that they actually make sure the flex is correct and to the spec's sent in. It's not like you can go to Golf Galaxy and buy a set off the rack. They're supposed to be made to your spec's based on your fitting, hence why you pay more.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Advanced Members Posts: 4,712 ✭✭
    RN4LGolfer wrote:


    They're supposed to be made to your spec's based on your fitting, hence why you pay more.




    Not sure I agree with this part, but I understand your feelings about it.



    So, these are PXG shafts? Because all I've ever heard is that there's no set standard for flex, and that one manufacturer's "S" is another's "R." Within aftermarket shafts, though, I'd think that there's a slightly tighter tolerance (but still no standard). Back to the question: Did they look at your existing R-stamped PXG shafts and put you into different-but-still-PXG R-stamped shafts? I get that you find the shafts too weak for you -- but I don't know how you got there.
  • t4t3rt4t3r Advanced Members Posts: 2,587 ✭✭
    edited March 6
    RN4LGolfer wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:


    You still haven't said whether you got the ol' bait-and-switch on the shafts after being fitted for something that then wasn't installed, or whether the same shafts you agreed worked for you at your fitting miraculously stopped performing once you took them to the course.




    No, I thought I had mentioned that when I received my irons and played them they didn't perform they way they performed at my fitting. I could tell right away that they were too soft and weren't the correct flex.That's when I started contacting the PXG fitter that I thought the flex of the shafts were wrong. Even though they say "regular" on them their true flex is on the low end of a womens flex. Maybe shame on me to think if they build their clubs in house when they're ordered that they actually make sure the flex is correct and to the spec's sent in. It's not like you can go to Golf Galaxy and buy a set off the rack. They're supposed to be made to your spec's based on your fitting, hence why you pay more.




    I think we’re trying to grasp exactly what you were fitted into and what you received. You haven’t posted that information. Was the installed shaft the one you were fitted into? If they say regular flex then they wouldn’t be a women’s flex. If you put them on a frequency machine that’s only going to show the relative butt stiffness which may not match the actual shaft stiffness at all - not unusual depending on the shaft.



    I think we need some more information to really evaluate what’s going on here. No doubt that if you aren’t satisfied with what you received, the fitter at worst should be the first stop to make it right.
    Cobra F9 10.5 - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Titleist 913H 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus X
    Adams Tour Issue MB2 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • brkuckbrkuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭
    OP, sucks that you had this experience and too bad that PXG doesnt seem to care or want to make it right with you. Ive heard both sides of the arguments for them and it seems that the CS after the initial order is very lacking.
  • m5powerm5power Advanced Members Posts: 875 ✭✭
    I’m just curious what the factors can be for the flex to be so off. How would a poor build even cause the flex to be that off? What would be the potential factors for this error? Just curious. Not arguing for or against pxg
  • LondonerLondoner Advanced Members Posts: 1,166
    Pxg must laugh every time somebody walks in with $2500 in their hand. What can possibly set them apart from any other premium club?
    Mizuno mp h5. 4-W KBS tour stiff 2 iron modus 3 stiff.
    taylormade m2 Driver + hl 3 wood
    ping anser
    Titleist sm6 50 +54
    Cleveland 60
  • swgolf12swgolf12 Advanced Members Posts: 856 ✭✭
    OP, how did they test the flex on your clubs? Put it in a clamp and check the CPM's?
    XTD 9* TPT 14 Proto
    3 Deep Matrix 8M2
    Vapor Fly Pro 3
    Titleist T-MB 4
    VR Forged 5-9
    SM5 46*
    SSC Don White Grind 53/58
    PM Grind 64
    Studio Design 1.5 Circle T
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Advanced Members Posts: 11,368 ✭✭
    i would have sold the clubs and got custom Pings or Callys or Mizunos or Titleists



    PING and Callaway C/S in freaking unbelievable



    PS I am off to Ping next week for some lie angle tweaking/fitting on 2 sets of irons ... they always go over and above
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu s2 54.5* & s3 57.5*
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    KMeloney wrote:

    RN4LGolfer wrote:


    They're supposed to be made to your spec's based on your fitting, hence why you pay more.




    Not sure I agree with this part, but I understand your feelings about it.



    So, these are PXG shafts? Because all I've ever heard is that there's no set standard for flex, and that one manufacturer's "S" is another's "R." Within aftermarket shafts, though, I'd think that there's a slightly tighter tolerance (but still no standard). Back to the question: Did they look at your existing R-stamped PXG shafts and put you into different-but-still-PXG R-stamped shafts? I get that you find the shafts too weak for you -- but I don't know how you got there.




    Sorry thought I had put the shaft manufacture in the post, PXG fitted me for KBS TGI shafts. The shafts I had in my Gen1's were Fujikura Pro Vista's which they no longer offered.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • the bishopthe bishop Advanced Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭
    I think the bottom line is when you purchase something marketed and sold as an ultra premium product you expect a higher level of attention to detail because the seller wants you to believe that. In this case you have a mfr who doesn't sell off the rack and only through fittings. I think its only natural to expect that the correct flex will be delivered (and checked beforehand). That goes not only for PXG but I would also say someone who gets fit at Club Champion for Titleist. The brand doesn't really matter, its the level of service expectation that comes with what is being sold.
    W/S FG Tour F5 10.5* - Fubuki z50 - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 15* - Fubuki z65 - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki z80 - S
    W/S FG Tour Forged 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    TM Spider X
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Advanced Members Posts: 11,368 ✭✭
    RN4LGolfer wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:

    RN4LGolfer wrote:


    They're supposed to be made to your spec's based on your fitting, hence why you pay more.




    Not sure I agree with this part, but I understand your feelings about it.



    So, these are PXG shafts? Because all I've ever heard is that there's no set standard for flex, and that one manufacturer's "S" is another's "R." Within aftermarket shafts, though, I'd think that there's a slightly tighter tolerance (but still no standard). Back to the question: Did they look at your existing R-stamped PXG shafts and put you into different-but-still-PXG R-stamped shafts? I get that you find the shafts too weak for you -- but I don't know how you got there.




    Sorry thought I had put the shaft manufacture in the post, PXG fitted me for KBS TGI shafts. The shafts I had in my Gen1's were Fujikura Pro Vista's which they no longer offered.




    did the clubs come in the same weight and flex from your fitting?
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu s2 54.5* & s3 57.5*
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • magnus7319magnus7319 A hungry dog hunts best - Lee Trevino Advanced Members Posts: 2,114 ✭✭
    Idk man.... for that much $$ and for the product and service you received I would have called that rep every day, their headquarters every day, tagged them in a post on IG or Twitter every day, went and sat in that fitting van until they physically removed me - basically bugged them non-stop till they fixed it.
    M2 or M3 or M4 or ...
    Some driving iron for my home Links course
    Titleist Blades when I feel lucky otherwise some AP2 or Pings
    A Vokey wedge or 2
    I love/hate every one of my 17 putters
  • DannyNooninDannyNoonin Advanced Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    I'd be willing to bet that if you put the shaft you demo'd and hit well with PXG into your fitters CPM machine that it would also be on the low end of women's flex.
  • KMeloneyKMeloney Advanced Members Posts: 4,712 ✭✭


    I'd be willing to bet that if you put the shaft you demo'd and hit well with PXG into your fitters CPM machine that it would also be on the low end of women's flex.




    That's...what I'm guessing.



    It sounds like he was fitted for the same flex as what he got, but it just didn't perform as expected on the course; or there's such a huge disparity of actual flex in KBS shafts that he got shafts marked the same as he was fitted for but that were actually way off; or he used "R+" shafts in Vistas, and the fitter just went with an "R+" KBS shaft, despite the flexes in the same "R+" stamped shafts being way weaker in KBS (if that's even normally true). The first scenario seems most likely to me. The second seems unlikely, but maybe possible. The last scenario wouldn't make any sense, since he was put into the KBSs after apparently hitting them (along with other shafts) on Trackman.
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    edited March 6
    swgolf12 wrote:


    OP, how did they test the flex on your clubs? Put it in a clamp and check the CPM's?




    Yes that's what they did to test the flex of the shaft. He then took the results of the test and compared it to the manufactures spec's for flexes and showed me that based on the results and the manufactures chart that these were on the low end of the their women's flex shaft, not "regular" flex even though they were marked as "regular".
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • SM8SM8 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Thumbs up here for D'Lance as they have been my go to for over 10 years. And fitted my Gen1 irons in 2016, and still gamming.

    Wonder why you ddn't go to them for the Gen 2s if you had a lifetime fitting? Live & Learn
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223


    I'd be willing to bet that if you put the shaft you demo'd and hit well with PXG into your fitters CPM machine that it would also be on the low end of women's flex.


    Lmao, sorry that's an asinine statement since I've already stated that the shafts in my irons performed nowhere near to the shafts I tested and was apparent right away. Just goes to prove that unless you test the shaft, it doesn't matter what the manufacture prints on the shaft as far as flex goes.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • t4t3rt4t3r Advanced Members Posts: 2,587 ✭✭
    RN4LGolfer wrote:



    I'd be willing to bet that if you put the shaft you demo'd and hit well with PXG into your fitters CPM machine that it would also be on the low end of women's flex.


    Lmao, sorry that's an asinine statement since I've already stated that the shafts in my irons performed nowhere near to the shafts I tested and was apparent right away. Just goes to prove that unless you test the shaft, it doesn't matter what the manufacture prints on the shaft as far as flex goes.




    Unfortunately you’re incorrect. It’s tough to follow what you’re saying when you’re this uninformed.
    Cobra F9 10.5 - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Titleist 913H 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus X
    Adams Tour Issue MB2 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    KMeloney wrote:



    I'd be willing to bet that if you put the shaft you demo'd and hit well with PXG into your fitters CPM machine that it would also be on the low end of women's flex.




    That's...what I'm guessing.



    It sounds like he was fitted for the same flex as what he got, but it just didn't perform as expected on the course; or there's such a huge disparity of actual flex in KBS shafts that he got shafts marked the same as he was fitted for but that were actually way off; or he used "R+" shafts in Vistas, and the fitter just went with an "R+" KBS shaft, despite the flexes in the same "R+" stamped shafts being way weaker in KBS (if that's even normally true). The first scenario seems most likely to me. The second seems unlikely, but maybe possible. The last scenario wouldn't make any sense, since he was put into the KBSs after apparently hitting them (along with other shafts) on Trackman.




    From talking to a couple of different real fitters, scenario #2 is correct. As I stated previously, scenario #1 isn't correct as it was very apparent when I got them that they were performing nothing like what I tested. I've been golfing for 20+ years and a 2 handicap, I think I could tell the difference.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    cardoustie wrote:

    RN4LGolfer wrote:

    KMeloney wrote:

    RN4LGolfer wrote:


    They're supposed to be made to your spec's based on your fitting, hence why you pay more.




    Not sure I agree with this part, but I understand your feelings about it.



    So, these are PXG shafts? Because all I've ever heard is that there's no set standard for flex, and that one manufacturer's "S" is another's "R." Within aftermarket shafts, though, I'd think that there's a slightly tighter tolerance (but still no standard). Back to the question: Did they look at your existing R-stamped PXG shafts and put you into different-but-still-PXG R-stamped shafts? I get that you find the shafts too weak for you -- but I don't know how you got there.




    Sorry thought I had put the shaft manufacture in the post, PXG fitted me for KBS TGI shafts. The shafts I had in my Gen1's were Fujikura Pro Vista's which they no longer offered.




    did the clubs come in the same weight and flex from your fitting?




    No, after having them tested at D'Lance they verified they weren't.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    t4t3r wrote:

    RN4LGolfer wrote:



    I'd be willing to bet that if you put the shaft you demo'd and hit well with PXG into your fitters CPM machine that it would also be on the low end of women's flex.


    Lmao, sorry that's an asinine statement since I've already stated that the shafts in my irons performed nowhere near to the shafts I tested and was apparent right away. Just goes to prove that unless you test the shaft, it doesn't matter what the manufacture prints on the shaft as far as flex goes.




    Unfortunately you're incorrect. It's tough to follow what you're saying when you're this uninformed.


    It was in my OP, that I knew after I received them that I could tell they weren't the flex I was fitted for. Maybe the post was too long.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    SM8 wrote:


    Thumbs up here for D'Lance as they have been my go to for over 10 years. And fitted my Gen1 irons in 2016, and still gamming.

    Wonder why you ddn't go to them for the Gen 2s if you had a lifetime fitting? Live & Learn


    I got suckered, and it was a chance meeting. Day Gen2's hit the market I ran into the PXG sales staff at Fossil Trace, and they sold me on their fitting process w/Trackman and built to the specs from my fitting, and the large selection of shafts to chose from with no upcharge. I thought wow that's great, sounds just like my fitting at D'Lance. Live and learn.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • rjp217rjp217 Advanced Members Posts: 177 ✭✭
    Hate to hear this. I wanna love these guys for their military support but it seems to be more negative than positive at this point. I’ve dipped my toes in the water on some of their stuff and can’t complain but would like to see PXG iron these problems out.
    In Bag:

    TaylorMade M3 9.5* (Tensei Pro White 70TX)
    P790UDI 2 (Aldila RIP Alpha 105X)
    Mizuno MP18: MMC FH 3-4 / MMC 5-6 / SC 7-8 / MB 9-PW (KBS Tour 130X)
    Cleveland RTX4 Black 50* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    Cleveland RTX3 Raw 54* / 60* (DG TI Onyx X100)
    PXG Bat Attack P 375 (Black Steel)

    On Rotation:

    TaylorMade M3 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70X)
    Mizuno MP18 MMC FH 2 (KBS Tour 130X)
    '18 TM O-Works 7CH (Black Steel)
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    the bishop wrote:


    I think the bottom line is when you purchase something marketed and sold as an ultra premium product you expect a higher level of attention to detail because the seller wants you to believe that. In this case you have a mfr who doesn't sell off the rack and only through fittings. I think its only natural to expect that the correct flex will be delivered (and checked beforehand). That goes not only for PXG but I would also say someone who gets fit at Club Champion for Titleist. The brand doesn't really matter, its the level of service expectation that comes with what is being sold.




    Wow someone who actually gets it. .
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • gentlesgentles Advanced Members Posts: 1,816 ✭✭
    Do you think they installed something else and put the wrong shaft label on it? Does the step pattern on the two shafts match up? Trying to figure out how you ended up with the wrong shaft but needed a CPM test to figure it out...not taking a side just curious OP about where you think the mistake happened?
    Taylormade M2 2016 10.5* | Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Callaway X-Hot 3deep 14.5* | Aldila Tour Blue 75x

    Callaway Apex 20* | Aldila Tour Blue 85x

    TP UDI 2i & 4i | DG 105 X100

    P770 5-P | DG AMT X100

    Nike Engage 52*/58* | S400
    Ping Milled Anser 5
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Advanced Members Posts: 805 ✭✭
    This "fitter" could have written the order up wrong for all we know, and without a receipt how would they know? Also, you were fit from a mobile van, right after someone who was finishing their $5K PXG experience?? Was this in AZ or not?
    TC Rogue SZ 8.8* Pro Orange 70TX/ ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MD4 Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MD4 Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    J-DAY Spider
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    DFS PFD wrote:


    This "fitter" could have written the order up wrong for all we know, and without a receipt how would they know? Also, you were fit from a mobile van, right after someone who was finishing their $5K PXG experience?? Was this in AZ or not?






    No, they (PXG) never tested the shafts and from doing a previous fitting many years ago I was shown and told that most shaft manufactures stated flex's can vastly differ. Meaning it may say "regular" but not actually be a regular flex shaft. To give another example, a Callaway Epic driver I had bought off the rack had a "Stiff" flex shaft, but when tested was actually on the high end of an X-Stiff flex.



    Sorry if I wasn't clear regarding meeting another person at my fitting. This was the fitting at D'Lance when I decided to have my Gen2's checked out and fitted then for the correct flex shaft. He too was having his Gen2's refitted due to the irons he received from PXG didn't perform the same way as his fitting with PXG, same issue as me. I think it goes to show that the issue is with them not testing the clubs they build. It doesn't take that long to test a shaft to see if the flex printed on the shaft is actually correct. Like someone previously commented, when the clubs aren't available off the rack, only through a fitting process, you expect them to test the clubs to make sure you're getting what you bought.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • Krt22Krt22 Advanced Members Posts: 6,032 ✭✭
    I'm not quite sure why you paid extra to have the correct flex shafts installed, I would have been pounding on Parson's door to correct the mistake, especially at the price point you paid
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    gentles wrote:


    Do you think they installed something else and put the wrong shaft label on it? Does the step pattern on the two shafts match up? Trying to figure out how you ended up with the wrong shaft but needed a CPM test to figure it out...not taking a side just curious OP about where you think the mistake happened?




    From talking to my fitter this is common problem with shaft manufactures. They're massed produced and even though they may be manufacturing "regular" flex shafts that day, what actually gets produced can vary and not actually what's labeled on the shaft. If I had bought a set of irons off the rack at Golf Galaxy or PGA Superstore and the flex of the shafts were off I wouldn't be surprised. But when you have to go through a fitting to purchase these irons, you'd expect them to test the shafts as they're building them. From what my fitter told me, this isn't some big secret that only a select few know that shaft manufactures can have shafts labeled one flex but if you test them could be something different. They all have tolerances in each flex, but my god to have a shaft labeled as a regular and was told by the PXG fitter they'd be a R+ and then have them tested and it comes back on the low-end of a women's flex is crazy. Like I said in OP, I could tell as soon as I got them from PXG and played them on the course that they performed nothing like my fitting.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    Krt22 wrote:


    I'm not quite sure why you paid extra to have the correct flex shafts installed, I would have been pounding on Parson's door to correct the mistake, especially at the price point you paid




    After sending multiple texts to each PXG person I dealt with, and got zero response it was frustrating. But you're right I probably should've just kept being a pain in the a**
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • bubbagumpbubbagump SLDR $5000 Challenge Advanced Members Posts: 5,514 ✭✭
    I have reshafted irons many many times, and dealt with numerous sets of shafts........never once have I had anything near this occur. Im pretty surprised you then shelled out even MORE money to fix their botch lol.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]8.5* Ping G400 LST with AD BB 7x
    12* SLDR Mini with TS Speeder 7.2
    17* Callaway Epic with ADDI 95
    19* Mizuno MP18 FLI HI with KBS C-taper
    5-GW Mizuno JPX 900 Forged with KBS C-taper
    60* Cleveland RTX-3 CB with KBS C-taper
    [/font]

    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Toulon Atlanta[/font]

  • Krt22Krt22 Advanced Members Posts: 6,032 ✭✭
    RN4LGolfer wrote:

    Krt22 wrote:


    I'm not quite sure why you paid extra to have the correct flex shafts installed, I would have been pounding on Parson's door to correct the mistake, especially at the price point you paid




    After sending multiple texts to each PXG person I dealt with, and got zero response it was frustrating. But you're right I probably should've just kept being a pain in the a**




    I personally wouldn't drop it. I would call them directly and ask to be reimbursed and give them the data from your local fitter. Probably need to call them directly and not the dead beat rep who did the fitting.
  • t4t3rt4t3r Advanced Members Posts: 2,587 ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Sorry but I just don’t buy it. Maybe it wasn’t evident from my previous posts, but testing with a frequency machine isn’t accomplishing what you think it is. “Testing” your shafts in the manner you’ve explained isn’t conclusive evidence because all it does is give you an idea of the butt stiffness, and there’s different ways to clamp a shaft being “measured” that way which can radically change the results. You’re making it out to be some PSA to “get your shafts tested” but it just doesn’t work that way.



    Maybe they were inadvertently soft-stepped (would have to be multiple times). Incorrect labels is possible I guess but that too just doesn’t seem likely. “Measure” a shaft from your set and that exact same shaft model straight out of KBS stock and I’d be very surprised if they were that different (assuming your testing method is done identically).



    At the end of the day, go straight to pxg and get someone to resolve this. Not just your fitter or some rep, go up the chain and you’ll find someone who is interested in taking care of your issues.
    Cobra F9 10.5 - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Titleist 913H 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus X
    Adams Tour Issue MB2 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • GoGoErkyGoGoErky Advanced Members Posts: 991 ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Sorry to hear but my fitting experience and post fitting experience with the company were the complete opposite. I was told up front there was a back order due to volume of orders once the heroes program was announced and the subsequent 50% for non military/first responders discount.



    Any interaction on social media or with messages to the fitter and local rep have been addressed.
  • farmerfarmer Advanced Members Posts: 7,714 ✭✭
    I have no idea about what happened with the shafts, whether they were wrong from the jump, a mistake made in assembly, whatever, my problem is that a very high end company won't take the trouble to respond to a customer. For the money, I would expect a perfect build, with great communication, and have the clubs delivered by a unicorn.
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    t4t3r wrote:


    Sorry but I just don't buy it. Maybe it wasn't evident from my previous posts, but testing with a frequency machine isn't accomplishing what you think it is. "Testing" your shafts in the manner you've explained isn't conclusive evidence because all it does is give you an idea of the butt stiffness, and there's different ways to clamp a shaft being "measured" that way which can radically change the results. You're making it out to be some PSA to "get your shafts tested" but it just doesn't work that way.



    Maybe they were inadvertently soft-stepped (would have to be multiple times). Incorrect labels is possible I guess but that too just doesn't seem likely. "Measure" a shaft from your set and that exact same shaft model straight out of KBS stock and I'd be very surprised if they were that different (assuming your testing method is done identically).



    At the end of the day, go straight to pxg and get someone to resolve this. Not just your fitter or some rep, go up the chain and you'll find someone who is interested in taking care of your issues.




    Yeah I'm sure that the golf fitter that's been in business for 20+ years and listed by Golf Digest as one of the top fitters in the country is full of ****, lied to me to get my business, and you have more knowledge than them. I'm no engineer, but when I described the issue I was having to the new fitter, that during my PXG fitting I got a nice straight consistent ball flight, and then the irons I receive produce a high hooking ball flight. The "testing", and the "chart" he used confirmed that even though the shaft says "regular" flex on it, the test results proved they weren't regular flex shafts, hence the reason why I was getting the high hooking ball flight. He pulled a regular and stiff flex shaft for my to try, tested them, showed me that they were an actual "reg" and "stiff" flex shaft based on his tests, and guess what? No more high hookers. He even said that they will order shafts from manufactures and test them before they build a iron set or driver because many times they have to send them back. Don't know why that's so hard for you to comprehend or believe. Must be because you have more knowledge in this area.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • cvvorstcvvorst ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,176 ClubWRX
    edited March 6
    Did you call them, or just text/email? I may have missed that, but from your recent response it seems like you were texting mostly?



    They should have contacted you, no matter the method. But in my experience, I usually have way better luck by calling companies rather than relying on text or email.



    Edit: Tom Wishon talks about CPM in several places on here. Here's one of his quotes...



    "You might look at the butt stiffness number and say, “That’s a frequency measurement and I know how stiff a 270 cpm shaft plays.” Yes, that butt stiffness number is a frequency measurement. But the problem is you have no idea how these butt frequency measurements were obtained.



    What length of the butt was clamped?

    How heavy was the tip weight?

    Is this 270 cpm frequency the same as a 270 cpm shaft that you played?

    Again, there are no standards in the golf industry for shaft frequency measurement so you have no idea if a measurement of say, 270 cpm from this company is equivalent to a measurement of 255 cpm or 265 cpm or whatever cpm using one of the many other types of shaft frequency measurement."
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping G400 Max - Accra RPG 462 M5 or Accra TZ6 75 M5 or Diamana DF 60 TX
    Ping G400 Stretch - Diamana BF 80 TX
    PXG Gen 2 - 0311X 2 Iron HZRDUS 105 6.5
    PXG 0311X - 4 Iron HZRDUS Red 105 6.5
    PXG 0311T - 5 to PW - C Taper 130 X
    Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58 Links K
    Bettinardi BB0 Texas Tea - Bettinardi QB9 - TP Mills Ming Anvil Flow Neck - Toulon Portland H4 - Taylormade Spider Tour Slant Neck
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    bubbagump wrote:


    I have reshafted irons many many times, and dealt with numerous sets of shafts........never once have I had anything near this occur. Im pretty surprised you then shelled out even MORE money to fix their botch lol.




    I did a fitting with Club Champion and didn't have an issue, and a previous with D'Lance with no issue.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • RN4LGolferRN4LGolfer ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 223
    edited March 6
    cvvorst wrote:


    Did you call them, or just text/email? I may have missed that, but from your recent response it seems like you were texting mostly?



    They should have contacted you, no matter the method. But in my experience, I usually have way better luck by calling companies rather than relying on text or email.


    I actually did both. When no one took my call or returned it, I started texting. While I was waiting for my clubs I would eventually get a response to texts, albeit after a couple of texts and days later.
    Callaway GBB EPIC RED 10.5*
    Callaway Rogue 4 Wood
    Callaway Epic Hybrid
    PXG Gen2 0311P 5-PW
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 50*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 54*[/background]
    [background=transparent]Vokey SM7 58*[/background]
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • t4t3rt4t3r Advanced Members Posts: 2,587 ✭✭
    RN4LGolfer wrote:

    t4t3r wrote:


    Sorry but I just don't buy it. Maybe it wasn't evident from my previous posts, but testing with a frequency machine isn't accomplishing what you think it is. "Testing" your shafts in the manner you've explained isn't conclusive evidence because all it does is give you an idea of the butt stiffness, and there's different ways to clamp a shaft being "measured" that way which can radically change the results. You're making it out to be some PSA to "get your shafts tested" but it just doesn't work that way.



    Maybe they were inadvertently soft-stepped (would have to be multiple times). Incorrect labels is possible I guess but that too just doesn't seem likely. "Measure" a shaft from your set and that exact same shaft model straight out of KBS stock and I'd be very surprised if they were that different (assuming your testing method is done identically).



    At the end of the day, go straight to pxg and get someone to resolve this. Not just your fitter or some rep, go up the chain and you'll find someone who is interested in taking care of your issues.




    Yeah I'm sure that the golf fitter that's been in business for 20+ years and listed by Golf Digest as one of the top fitters in the country is full of ****, lied to me to get my business, and you have more knowledge than them. I'm no engineer, but when I described the issue I was having to the new fitter, that during my PXG fitting I got a nice straight consistent ball flight, and then the irons I receive produce a high hooking ball flight. The "testing", and the "chart" he used confirmed that even though the shaft says "regular" flex on it, the test results proved they weren't regular flex shafts, hence the reason why I was getting the high hooking ball flight. He pulled a regular and stiff flex shaft for my to try, tested them, showed me that they were an actual "reg" and "stiff" flex shaft based on his tests, and guess what? No more high hookers. He even said that they will order shafts from manufactures and test them before they build a iron set or driver because many times they have to send them back. Don't know why that's so hard for you to comprehend or believe. Must be because you have more knowledge in this area.




    By your logic, PXG who is a top manufacturer of golf equipment shouldn’t have gotten the build wrong either? I suppose the articles Tom Wishon has published here on the fallacies of frequency measuring are wrong too.



    From your initial post you’ve been on a mission to slam PXG and anyone who suggests an idea different from what you think is the solution or cause of the issue. I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.
    Cobra F9 10.5 - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5
    Callaway Alpha 816 14* - Diamana D+ 70x
    Titleist 913H 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus X
    Adams Tour Issue MB2 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 52.08F
    Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 56.08M
    Callaway MD4 Raw 60.08C
    Scotty Cameron Milspec 350g
  • BiggErnBiggErn Advanced Members Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They’ll get back to you then.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.