Best Place to Send Old Clubs to for Cash

BrandonDunesBrandonDunes Members Posts: 331 ✭✭
I have some clubs that are not worth much. What's the best place for trading in clubs?
Driver - Callaway Epic SZ 10.5º
3W - Taylor Made Jetspeed HL º17
H - Callaway Xhot Pro 23º
Irons - Mizuno JPX919 Hotmetal 5-PW
GW - Callaway MD3 (S-48º)
SW - Callaway MD3 (S-52º)
LW - Callaway MD3 (W-58º)
Putter - Odyssey O-Works 2-Ball

Comments

• augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCMembers Posts: 3,891 ✭✭
    "Old" is a realtive term

What do you have? I might have some ideas if I know better what you have.
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Members Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Not really sure if there is a really good place to trade in clubs. PGA trade in value is usually pretty low on anything over a couple years old. So low you feel like you got hit over the head & someone stole your wallet. I generally try to sell them on ebay. At least I feel like I'm not getting taken advantage of as much as when I try to trade them in.
  • 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Posts: 1,833 ClubWRX
    Donate them to a First Tee organization near you if you can.
  • hckymeyerhckymeyer Members Posts: 854 ✭✭
    If you want to trade them in just go online to a few different places and check the value. PGA value guide, 2ndswing, global golf etc...

Then check ebay and see what they are listing for, and then click on sold auctions and see what they are actually selling for.

There is no magic place that gives the best value for used clubs. Typically the only time it's really worth trading in vs selling is if you want to purchase a new club at the same time and there is a 50% trade in bonus.

Like 03trdblack said you can always try donating them to the 1st tee or other charity as well.
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Members Posts: 11,652 ✭✭
    the low trade in values are the reason my basement is a gong show
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Glide SS 53* & ES 59* Wrx SF125s
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • tommgtommg Members Posts: 132 ✭✭
    I got rid of a bunch of old stuff (miz mx20s, tm 580) and others and was pretty happy with the credit at Rock Bottom
  • brkuckbrkuck Members Posts: 1,618 ✭✭
    +1 for RBG. If its good stuff and you don't really need the money, the First Tee is a great place to donate to.
  • ChxDigLongBallChxDigLongBall Members Posts: 485 ✭✭
    golfstixvalueguide.com is a pretty solid place. Pretty sure this is 2nd Swing's trade-in site. Will send you a check or PayPal. Take pretty much anything I've ever had. Will even make special values for clubs not listed on their site.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Epic Flash Sub Zero 9* - Fuji Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X[/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Epic Flash [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Sub Zero 13.5* -[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Project X Evenflow Black 6.5[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Apex 19 2h- Project X Evenflow Black 6.5
    Apex 19 - 4-6 - DG AMT TI X100[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Apex Pro 19 - 7-PW - DG AMT TI X100
    Mac Daddy 4 Black- 50, 54, 60- DG TI S400
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini Red[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Odyssey Stroke Lab Tuttle in testing
    Taylor Made TP5[/font]
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,620 ClubWRX
    tommg wrote:

I got rid of a bunch of old stuff (miz mx20s, tm 580) and others and was pretty happy with the credit at Rock Bottom

That’s what I did. Most of the stuff I had doesn’t sell very well. Easier to trade it in for credit and then get soemthing that will sell or that you can use.

Plus RBG pays for the shipping to get it there. If you have quite a bit of stuff that’s important.
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,800 ✭✭
    You'll never get good trade-in dollars since they'll have to make some margin resell it.

What a lot of the seller do after they list the old golf clubs on auction block and not getting the minimum they want, the next step is to send them to a charity, like the Thrift Store, which they could write off the full retail for tax deduction.

Check with your local First Tee program, Good Will, Church...……….. ask if they'll take the donation and if they could provide proper document for tax report.
  • geno4952geno4952 Members Posts: 120 ✭✭
    tommg wrote:

The guy that owns RBG worked for a golf shop I was an assistant pro at during his summer break from college..... he started by diving in ponds for balls, washing them in his mother's washing machine and then selling them....had one of the best work ethics I have ever seen.... shows that hard work pays off in the end......
    Now Playing.... backup bag No.2

TM R7 10.5* driver
    TM 200 series 3 wood
    Callaway Heaven Wood
    1987 Ping Eye 2 Black dot 3-PW
    Ping Eye 2 sw
    Ping Eye 2 lw
    Ping Kushin putter ...(changes often)

Peace
  • moadhiamoadhia Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
    RBG has 50% bonus on trade ins going right now . although it feels like the value of the clubs is also a bit deflated
  • niscur24niscur24 Members Posts: 1,417 ✭✭
    RBG at the moment if they are offering a bonus. Sure sometimes the values are a little lower but the hassle of eBay/bST and fees/time/low ballers etc makes it an easy choice.
    Cobra F8+ HZRDUS Yellow 75
    Cobra F8+ 3/4 Tour Blue 85
    Cobra F8+ 5/6 Tour Blue 85
    Adams TI Peanut 21 PX6.5
    Cobra Tour Forged 5-Pw KBS Flighted 125
    Nike Vr Forged 50/54/58 DG
    Some form of a Scotty

PLUS A PLETHORA OF NIKE BACKUPS

WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/