2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational

Comments

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,342 ClubWRX
    Nothing against Snedeker, but noticed he walked by a bunch of kids waving, etc. (and I'm sure there are tons everywhere out there) but Rose, just a few steps behind, stops and greets every single one of them. Unusual for a tournament round I would guess, for most, but nice to see he made an exception for the little guys.
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Members Posts: 2,084 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 7, 2019 10:33am #33
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Nothing against Snedeker, but noticed he walked by a bunch of kids waving, etc. (and I'm sure there are tons everywhere out there) but Rose, just a few steps behind, stops and greets every single one of them. Unusual for a tournament round I would guess, for most, but nice to see he made an exception for the little guys.

I wouldn't be too harsh on a player for that, if they can greet fans its a nice touch, but I'm sure even kids realise during the round its serious time even on a Thursday.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Titleist Pro V 1x
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,342 ClubWRX
    edited Mar 7, 2019 10:44am #34

Hawkeye77 wrote:

I wouldn't be too harsh on a player for that, if they can greet fans its a nice touch, but I'm sure even kids realise during the round its serious time even on a Thursday.

Wasn't being harsh or even criticizing, just noticing Rose made an exception and liked it.

For those who want to look for drama where it may not exist (and not saying there is any), Stenson parted ways with the new caddie (who used to caddie for Snedeker) and even if he wanted to get back together with Gareth, he's committed to Rose for now, so there's a lot going on in that threesome with "As The Caddie Turns". One source suggested he may have Fannie on the bag for the weekend, but Henrik may continue his pattern of missed cuts and poor starts - so far that's what's happening - hoping he has a smooth 63 tomorrow!
  • PhilMickelsonsJumpPhilMickelsonsJump Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Sneds signs and poses for a lot of fans. Maybe the cameras didn't catch him at the right time?
    edited Mar 7, 2019 12:32pm #36
    Hawkeye77 wrote:

Hawkeye77 wrote:

Wasn't being harsh or even criticizing, just noticing Rose made an exception and liked it.

For those who want to look for drama where it may not exist (and not saying there is any), Stenson parted ways with the new caddie (who used to caddie for Snedeker) and even if he wanted to get back together with Gareth, he's committed to Rose for now, so there's a lot going on in that threesome with "As The Caddie Turns". One source suggested he may have Fannie on the bag for the weekend, but Henrik may continue his pattern of missed cuts and poor starts - so far that's what's happening - hoping he has a smooth 63 tomorrow!

Yeah I read about the caddy too, Stenson did say it was an extended trial to see if they gelled so it's a relationship that never really started as opposed to a parting of the ways. Add into the mix Justin's regular caddy was on the phone speaking to the hosts on PGA Tour Live, crazy dynamics.

I don't blame players, the money at the top of PGA Tour level is so lucrative it means its important to get it right.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW

Titleist Pro V 1x
  • stanger37stanger37 Posts: 348 ✭✭
    Did Jason Day get hurt? WD after 6 holes.
    Nike Vapor Fly Driver 9.5*
    ]Nike Vapor Fly 3W 15*
    Nike Vapor Fly 7W 21*
    Taylormade PSI 4-PW
    Cleveland RTX 52/10
    Cleveland CG15 56/14
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 60
    Odyessy O-Works #7
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience The Pine Curtain of East TexasClubWRX Posts: 4,657 ClubWRX
    stanger37 wrote:

Back injury
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,082 ✭✭

Playing with Rickie Fowler and Ian Poulter, Day hit his shot and then left the course on a golf cart. Golf Channel’s Will Gray reported Day suffered a back injury and an MRI this week revealed a tear in his L4-L5 discs.

Day practiced last week at TPC Sawgrass, home to The Players Championship, the PGA Tour’s flagship event which will be played next week. Day, who won the Players in 2016, said he aggravated his back Sunday and did not play practice rounds this week at Bay Hill.

“My back was sore when I was practicing from Tuesday to Saturday and I was going to practice on Sunday, but I woke up and couldn’t really walk or sit in the car,” Day told the Australian Associated Press after his WD. “I was on a dose pack to try to get the inflammation out of it and that didn’t get any better. I saw a physio here and tried to do as much work as I possibly could to get ready for this week.

“I couldn’t play at 100 percent today, so I just wanted to see if I could get out here and may have loosened up. But unfortunately it didn’t, so I had to pull out.”

https://golfweek.com/2019/03/07/golf-jason-day-withdraws-arnold-palmer-invitational/
  • WdwfreakWdwfreak Golf Pro - Wisconsin Posts: 1,020 ✭✭
    Hate Brandel or like him, his theory on that restricted hip turn swing seems sound, it fundamentally gives him all sorts of issues.

The guys vying with Michelle Wie for "most injury prone"

It's almost hard to believe sometimes the rate at which those two get injuries. And usually pretty big injuries.
    Taylormade M3 460 8.5 HZRDUS T1100 75X
    Titleist 915fD 3 Diamana White 80-TX
    Titleist TS2 5 Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec 8TX
    TItleist AP2 718 4-6 DG X100
    Titleist 718 MBs 7-9 DG X100
    Titleist Vokey SM7s 46F DG x100, 50F, 56S, 60M DG S400
    SIK Pro-C Arm Lock 40"
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,197 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

Playing with Rickie Fowler and Ian Poulter, Day hit his shot and then left the course on a golf cart. Golf Channel’s Will Gray reported Day suffered a back injury and an MRI this week revealed a tear in his L4-L5 discs.

Day practiced last week at TPC Sawgrass, home to The Players Championship, the PGA Tour’s flagship event which will be played next week. Day, who won the Players in 2016, said he aggravated his back Sunday and did not play practice rounds this week at Bay Hill.

“My back was sore when I was practicing from Tuesday to Saturday and I was going to practice on Sunday, but I woke up and couldn’t really walk or sit in the car,” Day told the Australian Associated Press after his WD. “I was on a dose pack to try to get the inflammation out of it and that didn’t get any better. I saw a physio here and tried to do as much work as I possibly could to get ready for this week.

“I couldn’t play at 100 percent today, so I just wanted to see if I could get out here and may have loosened up. But unfortunately it didn’t, so I had to pull out.”

https://golfweek.com...r-invitational/

I like Jason Day but I really don't respect that move regardless of who is pulling it. He had to know if getting through 18 was questionable then 72 or even 36 was completely out of the question.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution 10.5* - Proforce V2 HL - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14* - Maltby ProSeries Fwy - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki  z80 Hybrid - S
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS  Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Mil-Spec Pro Platinum
    edited Mar 7, 2019 11:04am #42
    cvhookem63 wrote:

stanger37 wrote:

Back injury

That is a worry. Didn't he tweak his swing due to back issues?

His form had been OK so far this season without being spectacular. 5 events with 3 top 5s and all 5 top 25s.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW

Titleist Pro V 1x
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,082 ✭✭
    JB bogey first 4 holes, 41 on the front and +7?

What he been doing since his win?

VNtF2v4.gif
  • DON SVODON SVO Hacker in progress... Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

JB bogey first 4 holes, 41 on the front and +7?

What he been doing since his win?

VNtF2v4.gif

giphy.gif
    A bag of left-handed junk.
    Driver: 2016 Taylormade M2 Kai'li 70x
    3W: TM R11 15* Kai'li 70x
    3H: Adams Super XTD Aldila Proto 95x
    4-PW: Mizuno MP-32 satin PX 6.5
    59, 56, 53: Callaway Mack Daddy, PX 6.0
    Cameron Newport 1.5
  • cvhookem63cvhookem63 Fujikura Ventus Experience The Pine Curtain of East TexasClubWRX Posts: 4,657 ClubWRX
    Bravo, DON. That is an A++ response.
    WITB Link
    TaylorMade M3 440 9* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
    NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
    NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
    TaylorMade P770 5-9 X100
    NIKE OVEN Engage 46* X100 | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
    SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback
    Snedeker high-fiving fans after his recovery shot from the hospitality on 9.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW

Titleist Pro V 1x
  • DrivingChampDrivingChamp Posts: 230 ✭✭
    jason day is always hurt
  • GolfnutgalenGolfnutgalen Members Posts: 2,496 ✭✭
    edited Mar 7, 2019 1:21pm #48
    Vijay with a 3 birds and a bog thru 4 holes. Maybe last week wasn't a fluke? ;-)

For those who aren't watching, Pat Reed has hit every tee shot well left. I haven't been paying attention, has that been his miss this year?

Vijay with a 3 birds and a bog thru 4 holes. Maybe last week wasn't a fluke? ;-)

Somewhere Shackleford is huddled in a corner sticking pins in his Vijay voodoo doll.
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300

Daniel Berger continues to be one of the most overrated golfers on tour.

Begs to differ

00034200.jpg
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
    the bishop wrote:

Begs to differ

00034200.jpg

2 balls in the water so far after trying to bite off way too much on the doglegs. Also his putter has gone south since last fall and wedge game is still terrible. Sure had a nice start to his Tour career though.
  • pheenomz4774pheenomz4774 Posts: 893 ✭✭
    the bishop wrote:

Begs to differ

00034200.jpg

Calling a rookie who has already won on the PGA tour and is seeing most of these courses for the first time overrated. That's interesting. As an aside I also don't really hear people talk about Berger that much. Not sure he's even rated at all.
    Back to all Ping...
    G400 Driver 9.0°
    G30 3 Wood 15.5°, G 5 Wood 18.5°
    i210 4 - PW
    Glide 50°/54° SS, 58° ES
    Sigma 2 Valor (B.ig U.gly M.allet)
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members Posts: 6,674 ✭✭
    The feature groups today have been awful to watch.
  • MilkyButterCutsMilkyButterCuts Members Posts: 818 ✭✭
    We've been spoiled with Tiger being back in the fields.
    Vijay with 4 birdies and 4 bogies now through 8 holes, has yet to make a par!
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHPosts: 3,015 ✭✭

We've been spoiled with Tiger being back in the fields.

Funny, announcers just said this was the best Bay Hill field in 12 years. Spoiled without him as well!
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli

the bishop wrote:

Begs to differ

00034200.jpg

Calling a rookie who has already won on the PGA tour and is seeing most of these courses for the first time overrated. That's interesting. As an aside I also don't really hear people talk about Berger that much. Not sure he's even rated at all.

Point being that while he's obviously very talented he's another in a long line of big hitters who come out and people lay unrealistic expectations on them. Sanderson Farms was a nice win for a rookie and I think he's got a bright future. Based on the hyperbole being heaped on his game earlier this season you could say he's underachieving. It takes a while for young players to find their way and their game and I'm sure he'll figure it out and get to where he is more consistent results wise. As for Berger, watching his action it just seems like this is a guy who'll get hot for a while and maybe win something and/or have a bunch of high finishes and then disappear for a while.
    W/S FG62 5-P - DGS300
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,160 ✭✭
    Go Bryson.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHPosts: 3,015 ✭✭
    edited Mar 7, 2019 2:45pm #59
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

Go Bryson.

Ho hum.
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    cvhookem63 wrote:

stanger37 wrote:

Back injury

his swing hurts my back just to watch.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Posts: 4,568 ClubWRX
    im pretty sure Rafa works with leadbetter. hopefully he got a great lesson prior to the tourney and continues his good play. super nice guy.

Let's go Bryson.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: SC Newport 3
    Ball: AVX/ProV1