Throwing my first golf tourney this weekend; Any tips?

ztaubsauce ·  
ztaubsauceztaubsauce  23WRX Points: 23Members Posts: 23 Bunkers
Joined:  edited Mar 6, 2019 in Groups, Tourneys, and Partners Matching #1
Hi everyone!

Decided this year for my birthday I wanted to get a bunch of buddies together and throw a small tournament. I was lucky enough to get 16 total people so we're playing 2 person best ball with 8 teams. We're going to be tracking the scores on the 18Birdies app, which I've only used for individual rounds, but their tournament set up looks pretty great.

Was wondering if anyone had any advice for running a great tournament while still enjoying myself and not going crazy trying to get everyone organized, follow the rules, etc, etc. Some of the details are below.

Thanks!
Posted:

Comments

• farmerfarmer  8421WRX Points: 887Members Posts: 8,421 Titanium Tees
    I'm assuming you know everybody, so try to keep the teams roughly equal in ability.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • BB28403BB28403  4270WRX Points: 745Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,270 Titanium Tees

This may go without saying, but have 2 trophies made. One beautiful and large, with marble and gold. Another made of wood.
    Winner gets the wood one and you present yourself with the giant one. Don't give a reason, other than you are great. Bask in your glory my friend.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.