ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

US Open Pebble Beach

My wife, 4 year old son, and dad are going to the US Open at Pebble Beach this year. We would ideally like to stay close enough to Uber from the course to the hotel. When I am looking at places to stay so far, I can't find anything reasonable that is close. What is everyone's best advice for where to stay? San Francisco? San Jose?

Comments

• aloha b.aloha b. Advanced Members Posts: 557 ✭✭
    edited March 8

My wife, 4 year old son, and dad are going to the US Open at Pebble Beach this year. We would ideally like to stay close enough to Uber from the course to the hotel. When I am looking at places to stay so far, I can't find anything reasonable that is close. What is everyone's best advice for where to stay? San Francisco? San Jose?

Most everything close as you know is sold out or expensive. You could try Gilroy, Morgan Hill or San Jose although I'm not sure of the rates or availability. San Jose is about an hour away and Morgan Hill and Gilroy are closer. Perhaps you could try VRBO or Airbnb
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • slocagolferslocagolfer Advanced Members Posts: 475
    San Francisco and San Jose aren't Uber ride close. Have you tried Seaside? That's where you go to get on the shuttle to the course. Marina or Salinas are other choices.
  • jvincentjvincent Advanced Members Posts: 432 ✭✭

Like the other poster suggested you need to look for something that will get you to the shuttle location. According to the USGA website the shuttle ride will be about 35 min.

https://www.usopen.com/fan-info.html#!3

Salinans and Seaside are closest.
    jvincent wrote:

Like the other poster suggested you need to look for something that will get you to the shuttle location. According to the USGA website the shuttle ride will be about 35 min.

https://www.usopen.com/fan-info.html#!3

Salinans and Seaside are closest.

I think he means Salinas. Seaside is the closest but you have to be careful of which part of Seaside you're staying in. Most of the rates are probably $500 plus except for the motels.
  • freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Members Posts: 54 ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I will check them out
  • balladmballadm Advanced Members Posts: 647 ✭✭
    Salinas is the bad area not seaside
    edited March 9
    balladm wrote:

Sorry to say that there some undesirable areas of Seaside and the same for Salinas. The Salinas area off of 156 and also the highway 68 area is really nice. They also have a nice private Country Club in Corral De Tierra.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • poppyhillsguypoppyhillsguy Advanced Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭
    balladm wrote:

There are a lot of bad parts of Seaside. I wouldn't stay there. I'd look north like Aptos or Capitola. You can't UBER from the course. It's all about shuttle service.

balladm wrote:

There are a lot of bad parts of Seaside. I wouldn't stay there. I'd look north like Aptos or Capitola. You can't UBER from the course. It's all about shuttle service.

Now that's a good idea and you'd be by the ocean and the drive to the Monterey Peninsula doesn't take too long if you leave early enough.