ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Bose Sound Sport or JBL Reflect Mini 2

buckrogers71buckrogers71 Advanced Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
I had a cheap pair of ear in headphones that I really liked. They had the little piece that went in to the ear and not the wrap around the outer ear. They died yesterday. Not really too upset as they were like $25 but I suppose you get what you pay for.

Looking to upgrade to the Bose Sound Sport or JBL Reflect Mini 2. Bose is $150 and the JBL $100.

Anyone have any experience with either one? Pro's Cons?

Would use them for yard work, banging balls, exercising etc.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Current Bag
Driver: Titleist 917d2 w/ Aldila Tour Blue Stiff
FW: TM Aerobuner TP HL 16.5 (Painted 917 by Continental Golf
Hybrids: Adams A12 Pro 20* & 23*
Irons: Srixon Z585 5-GW, Modus 105
Wedges: Vokey SM5 Jet Black 54* M grind 58* M grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 or DelMar California
Ball: Titleist Prov1x or TM TP5x

Comments

• dcmidnightdcmidnight Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 11,487 mod
    Are you only looking at those two models?

I have a pair of Anker and a pair of Taotronics that each ran me about $20. Bluetooth headphones with the earloops. They arent going to win any tech blog awards but for range or practice session use - they've been great. And because of the price, I dont feel bad about the abuse they take.

I've tried a different Bose model - without the loops - and found that any of those "cram them in your ear" models never work for me.
    M3 10.5 - AD-DI6x Black
    M4 3W - AD-DI6s Black
    Epic 3h - GD Tour ADs / Epic 3i - Steelfiber 95 s
    M3 5h - Atmos Red s
    TM M5 6-AW Steelfiber 95 s
    TM Milled Grind 54* / Hi Toe 60*
    Toulon Indy 35" / TM TP5
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Advanced Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    dcmidnight wrote:

Are you only looking at those two models?

I have a pair of Anker and a pair of Taotronics that each ran me about $20. Bluetooth headphones with the earloops. They arent going to win any tech blog awards but for range or practice session use - they've been great. And because of the price, I dont feel bad about the abuse they take.

I've tried a different Bose model - without the loops - and found that any of those "cram them in your ear" models never work for me.

Not just those 2, they are the ones that popped into my head. My daughter has the Bose and really likes them, I have a JBL Clip speaker (yes I know not comparable) and I like the quality of that. Thats why I thought of those. I had the Soundpeats and they pooped the bed.

I'll check out the Anker and Taotronics. I just dont want to keep spending 20-25 bucks every 6 mos if they break.
    Current Bag
  • LaznastyLaznasty Advanced Members Posts: 645 ✭✭
    raycon x90 titan
    Taylormade M6 accra TZ6s
    Taylormade M5 5w GD AD-IZ6s 19°
    Titleist 910H GD AD-DI 95s 28°
    Taylormade P790 Modus 125x (4-AW)
    EPON Tour Spin Wedge shimada tour black 54° & 58°
    Lamb Crafted Camden
  • Jc0Jc0 Advanced Members Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    If you don't need/want sound isolation the plantronics backbeat fit are great. Good sound and you can still hear everything going on around you. I use them for the gym, range, biking, and other activities.
  • bigred90gtbigred90gt Lefty Boomers Posts: 4,281 ✭✭
    I have the soundsports and I love them. Sound great and absolutely will not fall out. I hate the ones that loop over the ears, and regular ear buds just fall out of my ears. When I run, I’m constantly pushing regular ear buds back in. That little hook on the Bose keep them securely in place.
  • buckrogers71buckrogers71 Advanced Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    I've been putting my daughter's Sound Sports in my ears from time to time (shhhhh dont tell her....lol) and I like the fit a lot. I did email the company that i bought the cheapos from and they SAID they would send me new ones. Going to take the risk and try them again (if they ever come).

Should they stop working, I might just bite the bullet and grab those bose.

Thanks for all your replies! It is greatly appreciated!
    Current Bag