Sub 70 Clubs

apex17apex17 Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
edited Mar 8, 2019 11:58am in Equipment #1
Has anyone tired them yet? They have a reasonable demo program, still a bit hesitant to try.

https://www.golfsub70.com/
Driver- Cobra F9
3 & 5 Wood- Callaway Epic Sub Zero
3 Hybrid Callaway Apex (also 4&5 but on the bench)
4-PW Callaway 2016 CF Apex (AW on the bench)
54-58 Wedges- Mack Daddy 4
Putter- O Works Red Marxman/EVNROLL ER3
Balls- ChromeSoft X, TaylorMade TP5X and Snell MTB

Comments

• Force_MajeurForce_Majeur Members Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Wondering the same. I like the looks and price of the forged cb.
    D: 10.5* Wilson Staff Triton w/ Rogue Silver
    3W: 15* Callaway Big Bertha Fusion w/ Recoil ES 450
    21*: Titleist 585h
    4-48*: Titleist AP3 w/ DGS300
    56*: Callaway MD3 S Grind
    60*: Vokey K Grind
    P: Tommy Armour Impact #3
  • ChadwickogChadwickog Members Posts: 288 ✭✭
    In for more info on these
  • Armour248Armour248 Posts: 401 ✭✭
    edited Mar 8, 2019 9:09pm #4
    If anyone has questions I can try to answer them...I've been working with Sub 70 for the last 2+ years. I don't want to break any forum rules here so somebody let me know if I'm about to get suspended/banned, but I'd be more than happy to answer specific questions.
  • CC StryderCC Stryder Members Posts: 648 ✭✭
    edited Mar 9, 2019 8:34am #5
    Apparently it’s owned by the same people as Diamond Tour and Hurricane golf which I’ve bought from several times with zero complaints...

I had no idea this existed but debating trying the demo program if it’s up and running on those forged CB and the hollow body!

They look fantastic...

https://golficity.com/meet-new-golf-club-company-sub-70-golf-redefining-expectations/
    Currently in my black Vessel stand bag:
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 9 / Atmos Tour Spec Black
    Callaway Rogue 16.5 / Evenflow Blue
    Callaway Apex 20 Hybrid / Kuro Kage
    Ben Hogan PTx / KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 52 ss / 58 es
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy
  • freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, ALMembers Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Looks similar to Ben Hogan business model

Looks similar to Ben Hogan business model

Agree, except the prices are even lower...have to say I'm really enjoying my Hogan's though.
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭
    Man, their prices are pretty low. If anyone had tried them, I'm eager to hear their feedback.
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • Olde MaroonOlde Maroon Playing your old gear Posts: 366 ✭✭
    radiman wrote:

Man, their prices are pretty low. If anyone had tried them, I'm eager to hear their feedback.

PIG just reviewed the driver... https://pluggedingolf.com/sub-70-839d-driver-review/

• Bece2117Bece2117 MassachusettsClubWRX Posts: 1,593 ClubWRX
    def gonna follow this one....
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Nike Vapor Speed 3 Iron Aldila Tour Blue
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
    Rogue 3 Wood Evenflow Blue
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 2
    Been reading about these guys all afternoon, so intrigued by their stuff, emailed CEO and we’re gonna chat Monday, may have to parlay a work trip to Chicago with a fitting at their shop!
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers Posts: 2,994 ✭✭
    edited Mar 9, 2019 7:57pm #12
  • cpeck12cpeck12 Lefty Boomers Posts: 455 ✭✭
    Bece2117 wrote:

Been reading about these guys all afternoon, so intrigued by their stuff, emailed CEO and we’re gonna chat Monday, may have to parlay a work trip to Chicago with a fitting at their shop!

Didn’t realize they were in the Chicago area. Sycamore is a haul from Chicago though. About 65-70 miles.
    cpeck12 wrote:
    Bece2117 wrote:

Didn’t realize they were in the Chicago area. Sycamore is a haul from Chicago though. About 65-70 miles.

Just means a later flight home!
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
  • ColejColej Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭
    cpeck12 wrote:
    Bece2117 wrote:

That doesn’t seem that far?
    Colej wrote:

Yeah just depends where you are coming from and what you think is "far". You can get there from downtown in 1:10 if there isn't any traffic...but it could be 2 hours if you leave during rush hour. It's probably about an hour from most suburbs since there generally isn't much traffic once you get west of the 355 line.
    Armour248 wrote:
    Colej wrote:

Yeah just depends where you are coming from and what you think is "far". You can get there from downtown in 1:10 if there isn't any traffic...but it could be 2 hours if you leave during rush hour. It's probably about an hour from most suburbs since there generally isn't much traffic once you get west of the 355 line.
    given that I’ll be in town from Mass that drive sounds well worth it to me, it’s about as close as I will get!
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
    Bece2117 wrote:
    Armour248 wrote:
    Colej wrote:

given that I’ll be in town from Mass that drive sounds well worth it to me, it’s about as close as I will get!

Please keep us in the loop, definitely interested how it turns out!
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy
  • ColejColej Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭
    Armour248 wrote:
    Colej wrote:

I figured with it being Chicago there would be traffic of some kind. To me if it’s 1-2 hours that’s not too shabby!! There are people on this forum who have to go double that for some kind of decent fitting option.
  • LPSISCOLPSISCO Members Posts: 352 ✭✭
    Am I the only one wondering if this company is related to the Sub 70 clothing company? It was popular here a few years ago - very nice clothes, but one had to try to figure out their sizing - if you were a US Large, you were between an XL and XXL....

https://sub70usa.com

LPSISCO wrote:

Am I the only one wondering if this company is related to the Sub 70 clothing company? It was popular here a few years ago - very nice clothes, but one had to try to figure out their sizing - if you were a US Large, you were between an XL and XXL....

https://sub70usa.com

Long story, but they're functioning as completely separate companies. The original Sub 70 clothing stuff was from a European company which is why the sizing would have been a bit goofy to us Americans. There was a guy that was distributing their products on the US side of things which is the site you listed. Not sure if they are really doing anything these days.
  • apex17apex17 Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Curious as to why this thread was moved from the main equipment forum?
    Driver- Cobra F9
    apex17 wrote:
    maybe because the initial post was about their demo program? I agree, would think this should be in the main Equipment forum as well
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
  • apex17apex17 Members Posts: 35 ✭✭
    Bece2117 wrote:

apex17 wrote:
    maybe because the initial post was about their demo program? I agree, would think this should be in the main Equipment forum as well

I guess, but was more trying to find out information and used the demo as a reference point.
    Driver- Cobra F9
    Spoke with Jason Hiland this am, what a great guy. We walked through what I was trying to get accomplished with my irons for this season and he's sending a few demo's my way next week to test drive. Love what these guys are bringing to the table, will update everyone with pics when they get here. Really liking the vibe from these guys, its refreshing in a world of $1,500 irons!
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
    Can we get this moved over to the main equipment forum?
    Armour248 wrote:
    Can we get this moved over to the main equipment forum?
    agrees, if any Mods are following can we get it moved?
    Adams CB2 4-GW
    Callaway MD4 Raw 54/58
    Rogue SZ Accra TZ6
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    $499 for a 4-Pw set with KBS Tour S shafts? Price is right if they’re any good. The model 699 looks decent, but I’m not changing irons until mine absolutely die.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • ode1ode1 Members Posts: 2,825 ✭✭
    SubaruWRX wrote:

$499 for a 4-Pw set with KBS Tour S shafts? Price is right if they’re any good. The model 699 looks decent, but I’m not changing irons until mine absolutely die.

I would inquire if they are parallel or taper. Profile is different between the two on the KBS tour.

I also see different shaft offerings now on the irons, looks like some better options, although there are up charges on quite a few, but the up charge isn't too steep!
    ode1 wrote:

SubaruWRX wrote:

$499 for a 4-Pw set with KBS Tour S shafts? Price is right if they're any good. The model 699 looks decent, but I'm not changing irons until mine absolutely die.

I would inquire if they are parallel or taper. Profile is different between the two on the KBS tour.

I also see different shaft offerings now on the irons, looks like some better options, although there are up charges on quite a few, but the up charge isn't too steep!

They're parallel only at the moment but are planning on getting heads for tapered shafts as well