Anyone ever had this experience with UPS

Sfd732Sfd732 ClubWRX Posts: 106 ClubWRX
Picture pretty much says it all. Shipped putter in a usps triangle tube, taped well. Fit was tight, head did not move. I am absolutely sick right now.

Comments

• kaycalkaikaycalkai π Members Posts: 407 ✭✭
    Wow, that's brutal. All merchandise missing, they discarded the packaging? ****!

Hope it was insured for full value, that's just awful man.
  • KAndyManKAndyMan JUST GOTTA SEND IT!!! Members Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Dang ive never even heard if anything like that before. Guess its good they are taking the blame right away and not trying any funky stuff.
  • Sfd732Sfd732 ClubWRX Posts: 106 ClubWRX
    I hope it was insured as well, it was shipped on a provided label by the company. I was sending it back to get refurbished, not that it needed it, but I want a new finish offered.
  • Mr. HoganMr. Hogan Members Posts: 1,294 ✭✭
    What club was it?
    USGA - Unusually Stupid Governance Association
  • okie21okie21 Members Posts: 124 ✭✭
    This happened to me through USPS with a Vokey wedge, but I was the receiver. They didn't discard the packaging, it showed up on my doorstep ripped to shreds. It looked like a bear tore into the box.
    Titleist [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]917 D2 9.5 deg (Diamana White 70 S)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping G400 17 deg (Oban Kiyoshi White 04)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] 718 AP1s 4-GW (DG AMT White S300), 1 1/4" over with 1/4" intervals 8-9i and shorter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 52 deg Jet Black (DG Onyx S400) [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM '09 56 deg tour chrome (DG Wedge flex)[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vokey SM7 60 deg Jet Black (KBS C Taper Lite S) all wedges same length as GW[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Newport 3, fresh from Custom Shop, std length and lie[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Vice Pro Plus [/font]
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,525 ✭✭
    At Farmer's we've seen it all.
    PING OG Rapture 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* hybrid
    Cleveland CG2 irons 3-p
    Bridgestone Wedges 52/56
    Odyssey #1WS
    Mr. Hogan wrote:

What club was it?

It was my Bradley Widowmaker. This post was in no way a negative reaction towards Brad. He has been awesome through both of my purchases from him. The putter was packaged by me and headed back to him to get the new clear coat they are doing. I loved the putter though. No way it can be replicated. I’m sick

I was just hoping someone was going to tell me, it will turn up or they had gone through a similar situation with a positive outcome
  • tokeybtokeyb Gonna get better ClubWRX Posts: 349 ClubWRX
    Wow. Sending positive vibes to the universe for you.
    Mizuno JPX 10.5*
    Mizuno ST180 3w 15*
    TM Burner Rescue 5 (24*)
    Titleist 710cb (4-9)
    Scratch 8820 (47*, 53*, 56*)
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 9, Tour Snsr 140cc
    Project(a)

**Right at single digits - gonna get better**
    (9.3 at end of 2018!)
  • larciellarciel I play for eagle Members Posts: 2,207 ✭✭
    Oh my. I feel for you. At least it's not USPS so that might get you better chance of retrieving it.

I'd call and talk to managers and highest pecking order possible and explain to them that this is essential and would like to request deep search.

• KaTooMKaTooM Members Posts: 1,317 ✭✭
    Oh ****...that's terrible!

Sorry for your troubles.
  • Outpost31Outpost31 Why don't we just wait here awhile...see what happens... Members Posts: 314 ✭✭
    Wow! Beautiful putter... I hope you get it back.
  • toctoc Members Posts: 2,720 ✭✭
    Shouldn’t need insurance when they freely admit they damaged it
    Glove: ML
    Tees: 2 3/4
    Towel: white
    Repair tool: metal
    Ball Marker: largest poker chip in the world
    Iron headcovers: wait, what?

The feedback system is annoying
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle Members Posts: 2,676 ✭✭
    toc wrote:

Shouldn’t need insurance when they freely admit they damaged it

That's what insurance is for, in case the company loses or damages it
    PING i20 10.5°
    Adams a7 19°
    PING G25 23°
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist SM6 52.08F, 58.08M
    Odyssey WHP1

• halliedoghalliedog Members Posts: 2,305 ✭✭
    Outpost31 wrote:

I guess its like they say - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That thing looks hideous to me, but still bad for OP and wishing him the best of luck that he either gets it back or is in some way made whole.
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
    UPDATE:

UPS is denying claim. They are saying club was packaged inadequately.

So I assume that the other 10,000 clubs being shipped right now across the world in triangle boxes are also packaged inadequately.

my question is, where is the club then? If they are saying it is missing, it must be somewhere. If it is damaged so be it, but I want the pieces back.
    edited Mar 13, 2019 3:58pm #17
    Sfd732 wrote:

UPDATE:

UPS is denying claim. They are saying club was packaged inadequately.

So I assume that the other 10,000 clubs being shipped right now across the world in triangle boxes are also packaged inadequately.

my question is, where is the club then? If they are saying it is missing, it must be somewhere. If it is damaged so be it, but I want the pieces back.

Did the label that was provided include insurance?
    PING i20 10.5°
    Adams a7 19°
    PING G25 23°
    Odyssey WHP1

• Mikey5eMikey5e Members Posts: 724 ✭✭
    halliedog wrote:

Outpost31 wrote:

I guess its like they say - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. That thing looks hideous to me, but still bad for OP and wishing him the best of luck that he either gets it back or is in some way made whole.

This

I would have difficulty concentrating on lining up the putt with how busy the putter looks. Just the same, I hope things work out for you somehow.
    Yes there was insurance, they are denying claim based on the packaging.

I putt lights out with it...or did.
  • Krt22Krt22 Members Posts: 6,196 ✭✭
    edited Mar 13, 2019 4:28pm #20
    I'd ask for photographic evidence. I can't see how they can deny it if they discarded the packing. Tell them you will proceed with filing a formal complaint and/or small claims case for fraud/theft as the burden of proof is on them.

UPS tried this scam with me in a separate thing. They said I provided inaccurate dimensions on a box and charged me almost $20 after the fact for it being over-sized, they said the box 50" long, a full 10" longer than I had stated. I told them that was a complete farce, that I've sold 100+ clubs and know the exact length of each club/box. They then said they scan everything, I again called them on their BS, again asked to give me proof or reverse the charge. After that, they reversed the charge.
    Krt22 wrote:

I'd ask for photographic evidence. I can't see how they can deny it if they discarded the packing. Tell them you will proceed with filing a formal complaint and/or small claims case for fraud/theft as the burden of proof is on them.

UPS tried this scam with me in a separate thing. They said I provided inaccurate dimensions on a box and charged me almost $20 after the fact for it being over-sized, they said the box 50" long, a full 10" longer than I had stated. I told them that was a complete farce, that I've sold 100+ clubs and know the exact length of each club/box. They then said they scan everything, I again called them on their BS, again asked to give me proof or reverse the charge. After that, they reversed the charge.
    could a situation like yours be avoided by actually going to a UPS Store and shipping that way? Let them weigh the package and measure the package and pay accordingly?
    I could have had the ups store package the putter, I guess, then it would be on them. However when you drop packages off they are weighed and checked to make sure they aren’t falling apart. You are then given a receipt of the drop off.

Mikey5e wrote:

Krt22 wrote:

could a situation like yours be avoided by actually going to a UPS Store and shipping that way? Let them weigh the package and measure the package and pay accordingly?

So much more convenient to do from home, and it's not hard to do. Have shipped 100s of items this way (USPS, FedEx, and UPS) with zero issues. It's also cheaper to do it from home for USPS and FedEx, not sure about UPS.
    PING i20 10.5°
    Adams a7 19°
    PING G25 23°
    Odyssey WHP1

• gmangolfgmangolf Members Posts: 1,561 ✭✭
    If they can't supply you with the remaining pieces of your putter, then they lost it... you didn't package it inadequately. That is just stupid. I'd escalate it until you at least the insured value back.
    Mikey5e wrote:

Krt22 wrote:

Then you will pay an arm and a leg for the retail treatment. I did drop it off at a UPS store, had it weighed/scanned with no issues.
    edited Mar 13, 2019 7:53pm #26
    Krt22 wrote:

Mikey5e wrote:

Krt22 wrote:

Then you will pay an arm and a leg for the retail treatment. I did drop it off at a UPS store, had it weighed/scanned with no issues.
    arm & leg? not really. I do have sympathy for the small guy versus large corporations in situations like this, that's why I take every precaution when I ship something. I really tape things up oh, a bit over-the-top so to speak, and take it to the local UPS Store and have them print out the shipping label with proper weight and dimensions.
    That is your choice, it's easier/faster for me to do it myself and save money. When you are a club ho like myself it starts to add up. Either way, I shouldn't have to pay more and wait in line at the store so UPS doesnt try to pull a fast one on me by falsely stating how large a box was
  • aceofclubsaceofclubs Members Posts: 824 ✭✭
    That’s ridiculous.

Whats the point of insurance if they wont honor it because of supposedly poor packaging. They could literally say that every time they lose a package.
    Driver: TBD
    Fairway: Taylormade Superfast 16.5*/Even Flow Blue
    Hybrid: Titleist 913H/Rogue Black
    Irons: Mizuno MP 59s
    Wedges: Titleist SM4 52/56/60
    Putter: This area intentionally left blank
  • BuzzkillBuzzkill Marshals Posts: 6,700 mod
    okie21 wrote:

This happened to me through USPS with a Vokey wedge, but I was the receiver. They didn't discard the packaging, it showed up on my doorstep ripped to shreds. It looked like a bear tore into the box.

Same happened with me with a pair of golf shoes - empty box delivered with stamp saying contents missing, lol!
  • Bimmer1Bimmer1 Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭
    Yep, They’ll say, “We pack our trucks with packages up to 500lbs so your package needs to be able to withstand another package being placed on top of it, etc!” Right! Have you seen how crappy Callaway preowned ships clubs via UPS? All of these shipping companies try their best not to pay insurance claims. I had a package with the same kind of UPS tracking showing shipping damage recently but luckily it was an item from Amazon so Amazon just shipped me a replacement. Too bad it doesn’t or can’t always be that easy.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,100 ✭✭
    Op. I went through this with ups 15 years ago with a pair of small block Chevy cylinder heads.  Approx weight 45 lbs .  Packaged in a plastic case which was duct taped water tight.  Then Incase’s in a larger thick cardboard box with spray foam liner to conform from plastic box to cardboard outer box. also duct taped completely .  Bomb proof basically.  Somewhere in Texas the package stalled. A week later they informed me that the package was damaged and that 1 ( yes 1 ) cylinder head was gone.  So in my mind that ruled out theft. Who steals just 1 ?   They also said they intended to discard the package etc. I called and raised a stink for an hour demanding they send me back whatever was left.  When it arrived it looked like it was dropped from 2 stories and then ran over with a truck.  Had actual tire marks on  the outer box.     

Of course filed a claim ( worth $1200 plus and had insurance  for it ).  Denied due to insufficient packaging.  Took me 2 months of digging and threatening letters from lawyer to get half the value back.     The 1 head I got back had to be sold as a second due to cosmetic damage , and the customer canceled his order all together due to the long ordeal.  So I’m out a $1200 sale and a set of heads with a $1k cost .  

Worst part was the loss of the 1 head. How do you “ lose “ something that big ?  Just vanished. 

Feel for you op.  It’s not an easy road. 
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot