ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Cleveland RTX 4 Long Term Reviews ??

twgolf78twgolf78 Advanced Members Posts: 181
Hello Im looking for Some Long Term Cleveland RTX 4 Reviews

I played and loved Cleveland wedges back in the day - the 15s or something like that. I really liked them.

I moved to Vokeys the last 6 or 7 years and my wedge game as sucked . It's not the clubs but I want a change.

Can anyone give a quick review on the RTX 4 wedges??

How is the feel? Flight? Spin?

I play mostly neutral grinds in the Vokey (S) but played the M in the 60 - Should I go mid grind in all the Clevelands??

I'm excited to mix it up and especially happy about the Stock Tour Issue S400 shafts!

Comments

• kgeorge78kgeorge78 Advanced Members Posts: 7,699 ✭✭
    they look incredible. The Raw finish would be my choice.
    TITLEIST TS2

AP2 718 3-PW
    VOKEY SM7 52 56 60
    NEWPORT
  • rbj69rbj69 Advanced Members Posts: 667
    edited March 9
    I just got me a 50 raw please stand by Sunday
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Taylormade M16 with Tensei Orange shaft
    Taylormade 3 wd with tensei orange shaft
    Callaway Rogue 3hybrid with aldila synergy shaft
    4-pw Srixon Z785/Zforged combo with px lz shafts
    Taylormade 50 tour grind wedge
    Taylormade 56 Hi-Toe wedge
    Evnroll 1.2 Blacked out
    Cleveland Huntington Soft 11 CS blacked out
    Balls 19'Srixon Zstar xv and Zstar and others
  • 300_yard_drives300_yard_drives Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,177 ✭✭
    edited March 9
    Best wedges I have ever used. They are amazing around the greens. Perfect shape, lots of spin, and great turf interaction. I am on my 2nd set of them and I am in love.
  • cyr67cyr67 Advanced Members Posts: 151
    How do the 4’s compare to the RTX 3’s? I hated the 3’s...hard, clicky feel, odd look from address. I’m a Cleveland fan, and bag all Srixon, but the 3’s were poor IMO. How would you compare to the 3’s? Hoping it’s night and day.
  • twgolf78twgolf78 Advanced Members Posts: 181
    cyr67 wrote:

How do the 4’s compare to the RTX 3’s? I hated the 3’s...hard, clicky feel, odd look from address. I’m a Cleveland fan, and bag all Srixon, but the 3’s were poor IMO. How would you compare to the 3’s? Hoping it’s night and day.

I agree the 3s weren't great thats why I posted.
  • rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Advanced Members Posts: 132
    edited March 9
    twgolf78 wrote:

cyr67 wrote:

Odd thing is I love the 3's from the back - A traditional wedge blade. The 4s have that funky ridge behind the sole which I can't say I like; the only thing I don't like. Still getting them though, everything else is amazing.
    "Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones
  • rt_chargerrt_charger Ball Hitter Advanced Members Posts: 132
    rt_charger wrote:

twgolf78 wrote:

cyr67 wrote:

Odd thing is I love the 3's from the back - A traditional wedge blade. The 4s have that funky ridge behind the sole which I can't say I like; the only thing I don't like. Still getting them though, everything else is amazing.

Actually talking about that ridge, I wonder if it was a mistake that eventually went to market. Picture this: a new wedge that looked identical (the back) to last year, one came out of the mill like that which Roger saw, hit, and liked. *shrug*
    "Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course - the distance between your ears." - Bobby Jones
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 2,086 ClubWRX
    cyr67 wrote:

Also hated the RTX3. The 4 is a step up. Carry a 58 low-grind and it is fabulous for pitches around the green and works great on tight or fluffy lies. I usually avoid those low bounce wedges and stick to medium, but this one is just right for what I wanted. Definitely worth a try.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • lefty74pghlefty74pgh Lefty Boomers Posts: 1,535 ✭✭
    I have a mix of the RTX 4 50, CBX 54 and RTX 4 58 mid. Chipping is the worst part of my game. I tend to dig, so I wanted to try a few different wedges. I’m trying to figure out if I go all RTX 4 or CBX 48, 54 and RTX 58.

I had three bunker shots and a lob shot my last round that were tap in’s with the RTX 58. Wet hard sand and the RTX 58 performed perfect.
  • dre72dre72 Advanced Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    First time I have gamed anything other than Vokey in years and all I can say is that they are amazing. Feel, spin, flight, turf interaction. I have 50, 56, 62 in raw. Great wedges
  • twgolf78twgolf78 Advanced Members Posts: 181
    dre72 wrote:

First time I have gamed anything other than Vokey in years and all I can say is that they are amazing. Feel, spin, flight, turf interaction. I have 50, 56, 62 in raw. Great wedges

can you post a pic of the wedges after some use?
  • Rpete33Rpete33 Advanced Members Posts: 491
    In for reviews, I’m going to pick up rtx4 raw for the upcoming year
  • dre72dre72 Advanced Members Posts: 474 ✭✭
    edited March 9
    Not sure exactly when I got them but I want to say November or December.

• Rpete33Rpete33 Advanced Members Posts: 491
    I think it’s great the offer a raw version with a tour s400 shaft under the price point of almost all other wedges, I do wish the had an option with 11-12 degrees of bounce
  • psgolf23psgolf23 Advanced Members Posts: 123
    those look pretty nice in Raw!
  • GodfatherGodfather Advanced Members Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Can anyone compare the mid bounce 58 to the RTX2 and RTX3? I enjoyed the RTX2 around the greens, but I couldn’t seem to open up the RTX3 and hit high soft shots. Everything came out low chipping with the face open. Lots of spin, but no versatility to open it up. Wondering if the RTX4 mid bounce 58 would be better. I could go low bounce, but have never needed to in previous Cleveland, Titleist, or Callaway models.
    Titleist 915 D3 Diamana D+ 70 9*
    Bridgestone J15hy KBS Proto 85 17*, 21*
    Bridgestone J15 CB DG Pro 4-PW
    Cleveland 50, 54, 58
    Rife Cayman
    Srixon Zstar & XV
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX Charter Members, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,798 ClubWRX
    I had a set of the black RTX3 for a short time. They looked great, but I never got along with them; too much offset, feel was a little weird, and couldn't get used to the sole grind in the lob wedge.

I now have the RTX4 and really enjoy them. The shape is better, less offset, sole grind is better, spin is fantastic, and they feel great. Performance is great from any lie.
    Callaway Epic 9* - Diamana B+ 60X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 19* Hybrid - Diamana S+ 80X
    Callaway 13 X-Forged 4-PW - KBS $ Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
  • np78np78 Advanced Members Posts: 283
    these look a little big to me.

Is the 60 hard to flop or lay open because of the size?
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Advanced Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    np78 wrote:

these look a little big to me.

Is the 60 hard to flop or lay open because of the size?
    I have my M grind SM6 and RTX 4 58* wedges in my office and I often don’t know which one is in my hand until I look at the back because of the similarities in size and finish (raw)...I’d say compare them, in hand, to whichever wedge model is your current preference and see if the size difference is real or just a camera trick.
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage DC XT 70TX
    Titleist 915h 2H Veylix Rome X
    Taylormade P790 3i Nippon Modus 120x
    Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* & 50* Nippon Modus 120x
    Cleveland RTX4 54* Mid & 58* Mid TT TI s400
    Toulon Atlanta
    Taylormade TP5
  • MPSgolfsMPSgolfs Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    I switched over from RTX-3 about six weeks ago, to a set of RTX-4 (50, 54, 58). I love them. The RTX-3 were great for full shots, but I struggled around the green with them. That was the first time that had ever happened with a Cleveland wedge for me. The RTX-4 are a return to form, imo.
  • GodfatherGodfather Advanced Members Posts: 303 ✭✭
    MPSgolfs wrote:

I switched over from RTX-3 about six weeks ago, to a set of RTX-4 (50, 54, 58). I love them. The RTX-3 were great for full shots, but I struggled around the green with them. That was the first time that had ever happened with a Cleveland wedge for me. The RTX-4 are a return to form, imo.

What bounce is your 58? So you find it easier to open up around the green?
    Titleist 915 D3 Diamana D+ 70 9*
    Bridgestone J15hy KBS Proto 85 17*, 21*
    Bridgestone J15 CB DG Pro 4-PW
    Cleveland 50, 54, 58
    Rife Cayman
    Srixon Zstar & XV
  • MPSgolfsMPSgolfs Members Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    Godfather wrote:

MPSgolfs wrote:

What bounce is your 58? So you find it easier to open up around the green?

I have 50 mid, 54 mid, 58 low

It's been so wet and soft this winter that I've hardly needed many ultra lofted shots. That being said, in limited use, it's definitely performing better on such shots than my 60 degree mid bounce RTX 3.

In general, they are smaller, with less offset, and feel less clicky. Around the green, my confidence has soared. With the RTX 3, I felt like I hit chips thin and spinny or fat and chunked.

I fully recommend the RTX 4.
  • gripandripgripandrip Advanced Members Posts: 942 ✭✭
    Always been a Cleveland wedge guy, and changed over the the RTX4 when they came out. I can't say enough positive about them. I play the 50-54-58 all in mid bounce, as I play a variety of conditions. The mid bounce on the the 58 is very easy to open up for the "flop" type shots. I probably only use the 50 for full swing shots. Very easy to flight to whatever you want and the spin is great. I play the black wedges with the S400 shaft. I liked the RTX3's, but these are even better for feel and touch.
  • coreyhawleycoreyhawley Members Posts: 7
    Much better head shape than years past, softer feel off the face. I’ve had them in the bag since they’ve came out and I have no complaints.
  • adkleeadklee Members Posts: 58 ✭✭
    twgolf78 wrote:

Hello Im looking for Some Long Term Cleveland RTX 4 Reviews

I played and loved Cleveland wedges back in the day - the 15s or something like that. I really liked them.

I moved to Vokeys the last 6 or 7 years and my wedge game as sucked . It's not the clubs but I want a change.

Can anyone give a quick review on the RTX 4 wedges??

How is the feel? Flight? Spin?

I play mostly neutral grinds in the Vokey (S) but played the M in the 60 - Should I go mid grind in all the Clevelands??

I'm excited to mix it up and especially happy about the Stock Tour Issue S400 shafts!

I've had mine since they were released last year. 60/low, 56/mid, 52/mid. Silver finish. Overall: Great wedges and I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

To answer your questions: Feel: excellent for a non-forged club. Actually, if you told me it was forged then I'd probably believe you. Flight/Spin: You can work these high/low and get them to spin or release--very versatile. The S400's feel like a really good shaft for this head--not too stiff, not too whippy and doesn't really balloon. The mid grind is great and you can hit just about any shot with it--open flops or closed runners. I'd recommend it if you're not sure if you want the low or not. For me, the low is nice for hitting open faced shots but they tend to dig on me a little in softer conditions. But very very nice off slightly firmer conditions.

If you're looking to shake up your bag, then give the RTXs a go. There's really nothing to dislike about them and they're a little cheaper than most of the other wedges out there.
  • vmanvman Advanced Members Posts: 1,217 ✭✭
    Tried them in raw and, although I really like them visually, they felt clicky when chipping.
    TAYLORMADE M4 9.5*
    CALLAWAY 3 DEEP 14.5
    ADAMS PRO MINI 18*
    SRIXON Z565 4-P
    CALLAWAY MACK DADDY FORGED 50*54*58*
    YES TRACY TOUR
  • Russ757Russ757 Advanced Members Posts: 7,653 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    twgolf78 wrote:

cyr67 wrote:

Been a Cleveland srixon fan boy since day 1... Rtx 3s were the shortest honeymoon

The 4s.. So so good
    WITB Link
    Bag 1
    TM 2017 M2 10.25 * Tour Ad DI 6
    TM 2017 3HL 16.5* Tour Ad Di 7
    TM M1 Rescue 19.5 Tour Ad Di 85
    Srixon U65 22* Tour Ad 95
    Srixon 565/765 5-9 110 Fibers
    Cleveland RTX 4 47*, 51*, 55*, 59* 125 Fibers
    Cameron Del Mar

Bag 2
    Cobra F6+ 10.5 * Fubuki Alpha 70
    Cobra Baffler 16* Fubuki Ax 85
    Cobra F7 19.5* Fubuki Ax 465
    Cleveland 588 MT 4 95 Fiber
    Srixon ZTX-2 5-PW 110 Fiber
    Cleveland RTX2 51*, 55* 59* 125 Fiber
    Odyssey X Milled 9ht
  • YepyukonYepyukon Hinge + Hold Advanced Members Posts: 4,116 ✭✭
    rt_charger wrote:

rt_charger wrote:

twgolf78 wrote:

cyr67 wrote:

How do the 4's compare to the RTX 3's? I hated the 3's...hard, clicky feel, odd look from address. I'm a Cleveland fan, and bag all Srixon, but the 3's were poor IMO. How would you compare to the 3's? Hoping it's night and day.

Actually talking about that ridge, I wonder if it was a mistake that eventually went to market. Picture this: a new wedge that looked identical (the back) to last year, one came out of the mill like that which Roger saw, hit, and liked. *shrug*

If you are talking about Roger Cleveland, than I doubt he has swung these since he moved to Callaway several years ago.

I have gamed them since they were released and they are the best wedges from Cleveland that I have played in a long while.
    Srixon 785 10.5* w/ Oban Devotion
    Nike VR Pro Limited 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
    Srixon ZU85 18* w/ Diamana WB
    Srixon ZU85 22* w/ AxivCore Blue
    Srixon 785 5 - 8 w/ Project X Flighted
    Srixon Z Forged 9 - PW w/ Project X Flighted
    Cleveland RTX 4 50* 55* 60*
    Nike Method 003 Oven Prototype
    Srixon ZSTAR XV Tour Yellow
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,952 ClubWRX
    I have rtx3 cb 50, rtx4 raw 54, rtx4 satin 58. All in plastic for when I’m ready ;-)
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Cobra F9 Fwy
    TaylorMade M6 Hyb
    Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro Irons
    Corey Paul Torched 1020 Wedges
    Mannkrafted 1/1 OGG Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag
  • mtgjrmtgjr Advanced Members Posts: 604
    When I first started to get interested in golf back in the 90’s, a friend gave me a Cleveland 53* Diadic wedge with a black finish. I fell in love with that wedge, and swear it had some magical powers that I’ve never experienced in another wedge since. It’s long gone unfortunately, but after using a set of 54 and 60 Wedgeworks raw Vokeys for the last few years, I decided (for no really good reason other than I was itching to try something different and liked the looks of them) to try the RTX 4’s. I got a 54 & 60, both mid bounce in the tour satin finish. For some reason I just haven’t been able to make a successful transition from the Vokeys to these. I’m admittedly not the best wedge player (11 index), but I just couldn’t gain any confidence with these and the turf interaction felt really different to me, for some reason. I really wanted to like them, but couldn’t get them to work for me and eventually decided to move on. I’m an i210 iron player, so I’m going to give the Glide 2.0 Stealths a try, and if those don’t work I’ll put the Vokeys back in the bag.
    Titleist TS2 9.5* Diamana S+ 60 LTD
    TItleist 917F2 16.5* Diamana S+ 70 LTD
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 3i Modus 120 -OR- TM V Steel 7W 21* NV 75
    Ping i210 4-UW DG 120
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54* & 58* SS
    Scotty Cameron California Monterey 1.5
  • DFS PFDDFS PFD Advanced Members Posts: 805 ✭✭
    Can anyone comment on the grind for the 54* or 56* in mid and full? Coming from SM7 with s grind for comparison. 
    TC Rogue SZ 8.8* Pro Orange 70TX/ ACCRA TZ5 75 M5
    M2 Tour 15* Kuro Kage DC 70TX
    790 UDI Tensei Pro White 100TX
    4-PW Apex Pro 19 DG X7's
    50* MD4 Raw Tour issue S400
    55* MD4 Raw Tour issue S400
    60* Hi-Toe Tour Issue S400
    J-DAY Spider