ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

SFGC Proshop Question

Getting a chance to Play SFGC early April. I am wondering if anyone knows if the pro shop is cash only?

Comments

• AppAlumAppAlum Advanced Members Posts: 732 ✭✭
    mlecs03 wrote:

Getting a chance to Play SFGC early April. I am wondering if anyone knows if the pro shop is cash only?

More likely to be member charge only. I know someone who’s played there as a guest and said they were vetted first. He’s been known to exaggerate a little so not sure if i believe him.
  • jjthomp2jjthomp2 Advanced Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    following
    Taylormade M3 440 9.0
    Titleist 906f4 15.5
    Titleist 816 H2 21.0
    Mizuno MP-64 4-P
    Titleist Vokey 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • wrwarnerwrwarner Members Posts: 3
    I don't know the answer, but you could call the pro shop and ask them. The clubhouse phone number is 415-469-7604. Maybe they won't answer your question, but it's worth a shot. Depends on the culture of the club. I've been down to Peachtree as a guest and called later to order something from the pro shop and they were happy to help.
  • schleyschley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Advanced Members Posts: 1,092 ✭✭
    I am always ready with a large supply of cash if playing at a exclusive private club. From pro shop to caddies, forecaddies, tips ect. If I can use the card then it means I can buy more.
  • mlecs03mlecs03 Members Posts: 43
    wrwarner wrote:

I don't know the answer, but you could call the pro shop and ask them. The clubhouse phone number is 415-469-7604. Maybe they won't answer your question, but it's worth a shot. Depends on the culture of the club. I've been down to Peachtree as a guest and called later to order something from the pro shop and they were happy to help.

Thanks, I will give them a call. Can’t hurt to ask
    For those following, I gave the Proshop a call and they do take credit cards.
  • jjthomp2jjthomp2 Advanced Members Posts: 140 ✭✭
    mlecs03 wrote:

grazie!
    Taylormade M3 440 9.0
    Titleist 906f4 15.5
    Titleist 816 H2 21.0
    Mizuno MP-64 4-P
    Titleist Vokey 50, 56, 60
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • berrykicker34berrykicker34 berrykicker34 Members Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited March 10
    Played SFGC last summer. What a fantastic day of golf. As you already know they take cards and make sure you buy as much as you can, wish I would have gotten more. Should be dried out by April, February was very wet. Enjoy, it will be one of the best rounds you will ever play.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Fore PuttFore Putt Advanced Members Posts: 119 ✭✭
    mlecs03 wrote:

...and they have a great pro shop. Make sure the line of credit is clear!

Played SFGC last summer. What a fantastic day of golf. As you already know they take cards and make sure you buy as much as you can, wish I would have gotten more. Should be dried out by April, February was very wet. Enjoy, it will be one of the best rounds you will ever play.

I cannot wait, playing Mayacama the day before as well. A SF vacation quickly turned into a golf trip
  • EdinburghgolferEdinburghgolfer Advanced Members Posts: 443 ✭✭
    mlecs03 wrote:

I cannot wait, playing Mayacama the day before as well. A SF vacation quickly turned into a golf trip

Hopefully you'll share your thoughts on Mayacama. I've got four nights in San Francisco in May and am weighing up trying to get on Mayacama. It does look pretty sweet.
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ [/font]
    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange[/font]
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
    Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
    PXG Darkness Gunboat[/font]
  • schleyschley Love ya don't tell ya enough! Advanced Members Posts: 1,092 ✭✭

mlecs03 wrote:

Hopefully you'll share your thoughts on Mayacama. I've got four nights in San Francisco in May and am weighing up trying to get on Mayacama. It does look pretty sweet.

Mayacama is my favorite Nicklaus design. Very well conditioned heavily treed course. Although it is typical Nicklaus in very tough approach shots with hazards around the greens, if you play from the proper tee box then it is playable. When I have gotten in trouble on Nicklaus (or just tough courses) designs is when I try and play 7000 yards and I'm not that good anymore for that, maybe never was.

The clubhouse is very high end and locker room small but quaint in a comfortable setting.