Fighting Gravity and THE Club Weight

BB28403

Do you guys think players fight gravity and the weight that is inside the club? And perhaps better players know how to use the THE club weight with gravity and the natural way the club wants to fall.

Are a lot of players losing energy in the swing because they go against the natural downward path the clubhead and weight want to travel?

Would love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

If the club just fell from gravity, it’d never get to the ball and would be traveling extremely slowly. Gravity has a negligible affect and has been discussed plenty. To get the club to shallow players are actually applying a force on the handle in opposite direction of gravity. The golfer is the one who applies the force that makes the club move.

If the club just fell from gravity, it'd never get to the ball and would be traveling extremely slowly. Gravity has a negligible affect and has been discussed plenty. To get the club to shallow players are actually applying a force on the handle in opposite direction of gravity. The golfer is the one who applies the force that makes the club move.

Wow, what an inspirational post. Of course, if the club just fell from gravity it would never get to the ball.....how could it!

Hilarious!

If the club just fell from gravity, it'd never get to the ball and would be traveling extremely slowly. Gravity has a negligible affect and has been discussed plenty. To get the club to shallow players are actually applying a force on the handle in opposite direction of gravity. The golfer is the one who applies the force that makes the club move.

Wow, what an inspirational post. Of course, if the club just fell from gravity it would never get to the ball.....how could it!

Hilarious!

Go read other threads and that’s not obvious to many. Gravity has a negligible affect on the club and shouldn’t even be given a second thought

Hilarious!

Go read other threads and that's not obvious to many. Gravity has a negligible affect on the club and shouldn't even be given a second thought

Well, thank you so much for the clarification. There is enough to think about , who the heck is thinking about Gravity?

Some of the posters here, how the hell do they even procreate. If they made it as complicated as the golf swing, foreplay would take 5 hours. And then of course, we have to consider "Gravity"

Hilarious dude, this is all hilarious.

Anyway, I can't thank you enough for all this wisdom about "Gravity".

Hilarious!

Go read other threads and that's not obvious to many. Gravity has a negligible affect on the club and shouldn't even be given a second thought

Well, thank you so much for the clarification. There is enough to think about , who the heck is thinking about Gravity?

Some of the posters here, how the hell do they even procreate. If they made it as complicated as the golf swing, foreplay would take 5 hours. And then of course, we have to consider "Gravity"

Don’t wanna read about it then don’t. Plenty of people obviously think about it and guys like Malaska babble on about it and spread misinformation. Thanks for your wonderful contribution though

Hilarious!

Don't wanna read about it then don't. Plenty of people obviously think about it and guys like Malaska babble on about it and spread misinformation. Thanks for your wonderful contribution though

Plenty of people think about Gravity? LOL! Dude, I gotta change my panties, I am laughing so hard.

I have yet to play with anyone who ever mentioned gravity, or even remotely hinted at it. And play well over 100 rounds a year. So plenty of people? How many is plenty in your world?

Have had dozens of lessons, never heard any reference to "Gravity". Played in college and high school, no mention of "Gravity". Where have I been? How could I possibly have played all these years and never considered "Gravity"

The day I here someone comment on gravity and their golf swing, I will surely let you know. Chances are that climate change will have set in, and all the coastal cities will have been evacuated from the surging water.

Funny, the way you say another instructor is "bablbing". Real professional.

Well, God bless you my firend, and may the forces of gravity be well for you~.

Hilarious!

You should search the phrase "tantric sex" but not in this forum.

:offtopic2:

Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"

Jazz 3 wd Powercoil Stiff
Rogue 3iron Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
X2 Hot 4-AW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
Vokey SM2 52º cc, SM4 56°, SM4 60°
Ping Sigma2 Valor at 34.75"
MCC Align Midsize

not so much gravity but the better players know how to swing a club with weight at the end of it. Weight that gets thrown around during the swing, gets dynamically heavy with speed to compress a ball.

they know to stay ahead of the weight in the circle.....some better players also let the club fall freely from the top..they call that using gravity...free fall, then use rotation to sling in through. It's simply complicated

Titleist TSR4 /Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD/EVO III FUJI/fuji pro 2.0
Cobra Ltd 3 Kaili 80

Cobra Ltd 5 Kaili 80 (sub :Cobra F6 Baffler 18.5 Kaili 80)
Adams XTD TI  22 Hybrid
Honma 757B Blades 4-pw . s300 xp 
Nike Vapor Pro combo AW 50*,Ping 3.0 EYE 54, 58 

Bettinardi SS 2 silver

Nike B1-05 Origin (Rare)
Slazenger 508/Kirk Currie KC02B

Plenty of people think about Gravity? LOL! Dude, I gotta change my panties, I am laughing so hard.

I have yet to play with anyone who ever mentioned gravity, or even remotely hinted at it. And play well over 100 rounds a year. So plenty of people? How many is plenty in your world?

Have had dozens of lessons, never heard any reference to "Gravity". Played in college and high school, no mention of "Gravity". Where have I been? How could I possibly have played all these years and never considered "Gravity"

The day I here someone comment on gravity and their golf swing, I will surely let you know. Chances are that climate change will have set in, and all the coastal cities will have been evacuated from the surging water.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1695230-letting-gravity-drop-the-club-is-the-best-advice/

One of many. Take it you're new to the site, lol.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

[size=2]-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom[/size]

http://www.golfwrx.c...he-best-advice/

One of many??? Maybe in your imagniary world. Played golf for many years all over the world. Played venues that some of you hourly workers only dream about. Never heard anyone talk about gravity. This is hilarious, utterly hilarious. Gravity is there, it is present with everything we do, but no one ever brings it up. When I take a crap, the brown masterpiece goes down the drain. Why? Because of gravity, otherwise it might fly in the air and end up in my left nostril.. It just happens, I do not say "wow, that gravity saved me from getting a load of crap up my nose".

There is enough to think about when playing golf. No rational person ponders "gravity".

Some of you are so obsessed with every detail of the golf swing. Do you worry about how the angle of your left testicle in relation to your left semeniferous tubule deviates as you go from backswing to transition.? This is probably something some of you really worry about, and are very happy to part with a hundred to get answers to. There are quite a few gurus out here that will be all to happy to take your cash, and focus on all your concerns with regards to your left testicle.

Thanks for this comedy relief. The gravity of all this is truly breathtaking.

One of many??? Maybe in your imagniary world. Played golf for many years all over the world. Played venues that some of you hourly workers only dream about. Never heard anyone talk about gravity. This is hilarious, utterly hilarious. Gravity is there, it is present with everything we do, but no one ever brings it up. When I take a crap, the brown masterpiece goes down the drain. Why? Because of gravity, otherwise it might fly in the air and end up in my left nostril.. It just happens, I do not say "wow, that gravity saved me from getting a load of crap up my nose".

There is enough to think about when playing golf. No rational person ponders "gravity".

Some of you are so obsessed with every detail of the golf swing. Do you worry about how the angle of your left testicle in relation to your left semeniferous tubule deviates as you go from backswing to transition.? This is probably something some of you really worry about, and are very happy to part with a hundred to get answers to. There are quite a few gurus out here that will be all to happy to take your cash, and focus on all your concerns with regards to your left testicle.

Never said I personally gave gravity any thought there Boris, only shared one of many threads you'll find where people do, because you seemed so certain no one had ever brought it up before. And iteach's point was that they should not give gravity any thought, so I'm not clear what you're reacting to really. You're arguing with no one at all here pal.

[size=2][i]"I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"[/i][/size]

Never said I personally gave gravity any thought there Boris, only shared one of many threads you'll find where people do, because you seemed so certain no one had ever brought it up before. And iteach's point was that they should not give gravity any thought, so I'm not clear what you're reacting to really. You're arguing with no one at all here pal.

Dude, I am not here to argue for hours with you about gravity. If this is something that is important to you, and something that you ponder for hours on end, good for you. It is a harmless activity. I wish you well in your journey, May God bless you, I wish you all the best.

And as a man of his word, boris2016 will not be arguing gravity or anything else for hours on golfwrx.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

"for I think a law that is not just, is not actually a law" ("nam mihi lex esse non videtur, quae justa non fuerit")  Saint Augustine of Hippo

#Kwonified

And as a man of his word, boris2016 will not be arguing gravity or anything else for hours on golfwrx.

:lol:

Indeed...apparently he subscribes to the illiterate lunatic school of trolling. Love those.

Thread summary:

- what’s everyone think about letting gravity control the swing?

- nonsense, it’s been covered before

- ha! Who thinks this? Just swing!

- it’s actually been discussed a lot before. Many posts. It’s been debunked.

- ha! I’ve never heard such rubbish from any playing partners on any continent!

- nobody is saying it’s correct, just that the question gets brought up a good amount

- ha! I shall have you horse whipped! I’ve never heard this before! I will not debate further!

- ???

...and here we are!

I watched 5 minutes...couple thoughts. First, in the first few minutes he’s talking about momentum. Most of the discussion here about gravity is in reference to previous posts about gravity/arms falling from the top. So different nuances. Second, the part about the club falling around 4 mins, yeah that’s correct if you’re holding the handle in a static pose, but the point is, the person exerts much more meaningful force on the club. Sure things can be more or less efficient depending on what the person is trying to do with the club.

Bottom line, I don’t even know where I’m going with this but I think definitions need to be clear about what specifically is being referenced (gravity, momentum, etc) and at what point in the swing, etc otherwise it lends itself to the confusion seen in this thread.

Thread summary:

- what’s everyone think about letting gravity control the swing?

- nonsense, it’s been covered before

- ha! Who thinks this? Just swing!

- it’s actually been discussed a lot before. Many posts. It’s been debunked.

- ha! I’ve never heard such rubbish from any playing partners on any continent!

- nobody is saying it’s correct, just that the question gets brought up a good amount

- ha! I shall have you horse whipped! I’ve never heard this before! I will not debate further!

- ???

...and here we are!

LOL!

I heard the voice of Morgan Freeman when I read “... and here we are”.

Did anyone watch the video? Lol

I did. I really do think it's more about efficiently building force and using momentum vs. the 'g' word, which always seems to take things in mysterious directions. We should all make a pact not to use it. iTeach said it best on that one...

So, yes, building forces smoothly and getting speed and the right part of the swing - all good.

Not fighting yourself or the forces you've already generated in the swing - all good.

That said the golf swing is about generating forces in opposite directions at different times (backswing, downswing, throughswing)… You build energy and speed in the downswing and then (as iTeach said) have to apply a net force to the handle in the opposite direction otherwise the club would just drive into the ground. So, you deliberately create different forces in different directions, but it also makes sense that you build those in the most efficient way possible. It's those seemingly contradictory ideas that seem to make some people go looney tunes...

That g-word, though... It's like feeding gremlins after midnight.

I just don't get how you can use the term gravity in your description but say it has little to do in the swing.

Gravity is a force.

Perhaps the best thing to say about the role of gravity in the golf swings is that its a matter on which reasonable minds can differ. People like Malaska, Flick, Clements and David Lee think gravity plays an important role in the swing. One of the esteemed teachers on this site think gravity is a negligible factor. Neither point of view should be dismissed out of hand. None of those folks should be accused of babbling and spreading false information. The first step to profound ignorance is to convince yourself that you know more than you do.

Steve

Perhaps the best thing to say about the role of gravity in the golf swings is that its a matter on which reasonable minds can differ. People like Malaska, Flick, Clements and David Lee think gravity plays an important role in the swing. One of the esteemed teachers on this site think gravity is a negligible factor. Neither point of view should be dismissed out of hand. None of those folks should be accused of babbling and spreading false information. The first step to profound ignorance is to convince yourself that you know more than you do.

Steve

Agree

I’m enjoying this discussion. I think gravity is a fine thing to think about when swinging. Why? The smoothest and most balanced swings seem to at least begin at the same rate that gravity would start the swing. Swinging too fast or too slow is something people can see. What are you seeing? A natural speed of things, and gravity may be that guide. Of course there are lots of things as well like leverage, timing, and force...