ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

2019 The Players Championship

buckeye440buckeye440 Members Posts: 72
Already out of parking for Saturday. Anybody what to pick me up Saturday in Gainesville on their way? Seriously though, any idea where I can park? Go Rickie!
«13456741

Comments

  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Advanced Members Posts: 4,680 ✭✭
    How many times are we going to hear 5th Major in the next week?!
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • Big Cat 3Big Cat 3 Advanced Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited March 10
    MattyO1984 wrote:


    How many times are we going to hear 5th Major in the next week?!
    50x more than the bear trap which means 500,000x ... but 50x less than Arnie’s Place

    These dim witted NBC boys get stuck on something they don’t stop. No wonder they hired dumb Zinger.
  • bravesgolfbravesgolf Advanced Members Posts: 294
    MattyO1984 wrote:
    How many times are we going to hear 5th Major in the next week?!
    Oh please nooooooooo! Not that again!
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Advanced Members Posts: 4,186 ✭✭
    back in March WHERE IT BELONGS!



    featured groups already announced



    Tiger Woods/ Patrick Reed/ Webb Simpson

    Rickie Fowler/ Brooks Koepka/ Jordan Spieth

    Matt Kuchar/ Phil Mickelson/ Rory McIlroy

    Xander Schauffele/ Justin Thomas/ Justin Rose



    We'll see what happens if Tiger and Phil WD by Tuesday.
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • tokeybtokeyb Gonna get better ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 347


    back in March WHERE IT BELONGS!



    featured groups already announced



    Tiger Woods/ Patrick Reed/ Webb Simpson

    Rickie Fowler/ Brooks Koepka/ Jordan Spieth

    Matt Kuchar/ Phil Mickelson/ Rory McIlroy

    Xander Schauffele/ Justin Thomas/ Justin Rose



    We'll see what happens if Tiger and Phil WD by Tuesday.




    Out of all those, I love Xander, JT, and Rosie. There's where my $ and time would go.

    Mizuno JPX 10.5*
    Mizuno ST180 3w 15*
    TM Burner Rescue 5 (24*)
    Titleist 710cb (4-9)
    Scratch 8820 (47*, 53*, 56*)
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 9, Tour Snsr 140cc
    Project(a)

    **Right at single digits - gonna get better**
    (9.3 at end of 2018!)
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Advanced Members Posts: 12,375 ✭✭
    edited March 10


    back in March WHERE IT BELONGS!



    featured groups already announced



    Tiger Woods/ Patrick Reed/ Webb Simpson

    Rickie Fowler/ Brooks Koepka/ Jordan Spieth

    Matt Kuchar/ Phil Mickelson/ Rory McIlroy

    Xander Schauffele/ Justin Thomas/ Justin Rose



    We'll see what happens if Tiger and Phil WD by Tuesday.




    Guys THIS IS THE 5th MAJOR!! We have new trophy, music and date.



    No Tiger, no Phil, Poulter wins.



    Not a major guys, NOT A MAJOR!! Back in May.
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,111 ClubWRX
    IS TIGER PLAYING?
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: Piretti CWII
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 23,998 ClubWRX
    We are starting our competitive season this week...let the temperatures be damned.



    THAT, my fellow WRX'ers, is the real 5th major.
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Advanced Members Posts: 6,309 ✭✭
    Can't wait for this, the 5th Major!
    ///OGA Member #13 - 'The Man from Blighty'///
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Advanced Members Posts: 25,674 ✭✭
    Its that time



  • SBH9458SBH9458 Go Army! Beat Navy! Advanced Members Posts: 869 ✭✭
    Going to be fun to watch, even if not fun to listen to.
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Advanced Members Posts: 4,186 ✭✭
    STILL the best moment in TPC history



    http://youtu.be/Bbw4qQhCDXg
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 23,998 ClubWRX


    STILL the best moment in TPC history



    [media=]




    Craig Perks chip in on 16, birdie putt on 17 and then chip in on 18 might have been the most amazing thing to happen to a professional golfer in a 3 hole stretch. And considering where his career went, it had to be the highlight of his professional golf career.
  • anthanth From the Land Down Under Advanced Members Posts: 2,734 ✭✭
    Everyone likes to push the 5th Major rhetoric but I prefer to think of this as the 5th WGC
    Callaway Rogue 10.5
    Callaway BB Alpha 816 16
    Srixon Z H45 19 Hybrid
    Srixon Z U45 23 Utility
    Srixon Z 765/965 5 - PW
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 50 & 54
    TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi Toe 58
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
    TaylorMade TP5
  • CasualLieCasualLie Do Woodchucks Chuck Wood? Advanced Members Posts: 1,394
    Now that it's moved to March, why hold back? Drop the 5th major nonsense and call it first major of the year. That should get everyone riled up!



  • Steele47Steele47 Advanced Members Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    Really digging these credit card commercials.
  • golfer07840golfer07840 Advanced Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭
    CasualLie wrote:


    Now that it's moved BACK to March, why hold back? Drop the 5th major nonsense and call it first major of the year. That should get everyone riled up!




    Fixed it for you. 😁
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Advanced Members Posts: 16,482 ✭✭
    buckeye440 wrote:


    Already out of parking for Saturday. Anybody what to pick me up Saturday in Gainesville on their way? Seriously though, any idea where I can park? Go Rickie!




    UNF. They have shuttles
  • baller4opcaballer4opca Advanced Members Posts: 201
    buckeye440 wrote:


    Already out of parking for Saturday. Anybody what to pick me up Saturday in Gainesville on their way? Seriously though, any idea where I can park? Go Rickie!




    Anywhere further north. Plenty of spots. If you uber, they have free food on your way out of the event. I think last year was Arbys sandwiches being passed out. Not bad for a 15 buck uber ride.
  • agolf1agolf1 Advanced Members Posts: 511 ✭✭
    anth wrote:


    Everyone likes to push the 5th Major rhetoric but I prefer to think of this as the 5th WGC


    Even the WCGs are becoming a bit silly. We have:

    a) the Mexico Bomb It and Chip contest

    b) Match Play - format played zero other times on tour

    c) Memphis - a week after the Open, interested to see how many people are a no show (yes, some fringe guys hungry for OWGR/Fedex Cup points will show up)

    d) Shanghai - in the middle of the offseason when even in a good year 1/2 of the top 20 players actually play?



    There are 4 Majors, 5-10 "better events" (field, course, history, etc), and a bunch of other tournaments...
    Titleist 910 D2 11.25*, Diamana Ilima R-Flex (tipped 1')
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • OldTomMorrisOldTomMorris Advanced Members Posts: 2,031 ✭✭
    Interesting assessment from Phil on the setup, its sounds very much un-Sawgrass like and it now looks like he will play having indicated it was unlikely.



    I do like this event, always have, and I get why it's a big deal but I've never liked the 5th major tag.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5°
    TaylorMade M3 15°
    Titleist CB (710) 3-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Chrome 54° S Grind & 58° C Grind
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

    Titleist Pro V 1x
  • bravesgolfbravesgolf Advanced Members Posts: 294



    agolf1 wrote:
    Shanghai - in the middle of the offseason when even in a good year 1/2 of the top 20 players actually play?




    What offseason? There is no offseason.



  • HankshankHankshank Advanced Members Posts: 1,470 ✭✭
    Right in the middle of the Florida Swing? Then Innisbrook, then the Match Play, then San Antonio, then the Masters. Well, doesn't sound all that bad, does it?. Apart from the Masters April will be lukewarm and May looks great.



    I'm very interested in seeing what my fellow countryman that suddenly came to live in Bay Hill can to at Players. Maybe with good ol' ****. Those two have done great there before.
  • agolf1agolf1 Advanced Members Posts: 511 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    bravesgolf wrote:

    agolf1 wrote:
    Shanghai - in the middle of the offseason when even in a good year 1/2 of the top 20 players actually play?




    What offseason? There is no offseason.


    Look at the quality of the fields from the Safeway Open to the end of the calendar year. Every now and then a few stars play but it is largely the "offseason."
    Titleist 910 D2 11.25*, Diamana Ilima R-Flex (tipped 1')
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,111 ClubWRX
    I want to see a Tiger Moli playoff.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: Piretti CWII
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • dropkickeddropkicked Advanced Members Posts: 261 ✭✭
    gatorMD wrote:


    I want to see a Tiger Moli playoff.
    YES

    maxresdefault.jpg
  • dropkickeddropkicked Advanced Members Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Alright.. Dropped a hundo on the Big Cat @ +2200!!!!

    bill-murray-groundhog-day.jpg
  • freeze16172002freeze16172002 Members Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I am going with DJ, he is playing good and should be rested
  • MattyO1984MattyO1984 Advanced Members Posts: 4,680 ✭✭
    anth wrote:


    Everyone likes to push the 5th Major rhetoric but I prefer to think of this as the 5th WGC




    More accurate take!!
    Titleist TS3 8.5 Stiff Project X Even Flow White T1100
    Titleist 915Fd 15 Stiff Rogue Black
    Titleist 915Hd 17.5 Stiff Diamana S+
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Stiff KBS Tour
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50.08, 54.10 & 60.04
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
    ProV1x
  • dropkickeddropkicked Advanced Members Posts: 261 ✭✭


    I am going with DJ, he is playing good and should be rested
    DJ and Ror's are favorites @ +1200.. May I ask what you wagered? image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Advanced Members Posts: 362 ✭✭
    2013 Players. Tiger prepares to tee off on 18 and is tied with Sergio who promptly dunks two in the water on 17 to card a quad, then dunks another on 18 to card a double. In the post round interview, Sergio says, "I didn't lose it on 17, I just stopped winning it." Classic Sergio. *golf clap*
  • bravesgolfbravesgolf Advanced Members Posts: 294
    agolf1 wrote:
    bravesgolf wrote:

    agolf1 wrote:
    Shanghai - in the middle of the offseason when even in a good year 1/2 of the top 20 players actually play?




    What offseason? There is no offseason.


    Look at the quality of the fields from the Safeway Open to the end of the calendar year. Every now and then a few stars play but it is largely the "offseason."
    So from your comments I am to gather that you're only interested in majors then? I'm betting only the US ones at that. Enjoy your 3 tournaments this year!
  • agolf1agolf1 Advanced Members Posts: 511 ✭✭
    bravesgolf wrote:

    agolf1 wrote:
    bravesgolf wrote:

    agolf1 wrote:
    Shanghai - in the middle of the offseason when even in a good year 1/2 of the top 20 players actually play?




    What offseason? There is no offseason.


    Look at the quality of the fields from the Safeway Open to the end of the calendar year. Every now and then a few stars play but it is largely the "offseason."
    So from your comments I am to gather that you're only interested in majors then? I'm betting only the US ones at that. Enjoy your 3 tournaments this year!


    Why would you conclude that? I love the Open. I also think there are various tournaments that are just as good as the WGCs.



    Did you happen to look at the fields of the various fall events? The WGC Shanghai was so important none of Tiger, Phil, or Spieth played.
    Titleist 910 D2 11.25*, Diamana Ilima R-Flex (tipped 1')
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • bravesgolfbravesgolf Advanced Members Posts: 294



    agolf1 wrote:
    bravesgolf wrote:

    agolf1 wrote:
    bravesgolf wrote:

    agolf1 wrote:
    Shanghai - in the middle of the offseason when even in a good year 1/2 of the top 20 players actually play?




    What offseason? There is no offseason.


    Look at the quality of the fields from the Safeway Open to the end of the calendar year. Every now and then a few stars play but it is largely the "offseason."
    So from your comments I am to gather that you're only interested in majors then? I'm betting only the US ones at that. Enjoy your 3 tournaments this year!


    Why would you conclude that? I love the Open. I also think there are various tournaments that are just as good as the WGCs.



    Did you happen to look at the fields of the various fall events? The WGC Shanghai was so important none of Tiger, Phil, or Spieth played.




    I didn't conclude anything. I asked a question.



    And no I didn't. I don't judge a golf tournament by who's playing in it. That's just one aspect. And the three players you mentioned, they've hardly been stalwarts for international play of late. The only reason Spieth went to Australia was because he got paid millions to do so until he realised he couldn't handle the "schedule".



    Perhaps if you considered a golfers/golf fans opinion/point of view that didn't live in the US, you might see what I'm talking about. You seem to forget there's another half of the Earth that live on the other side of the equator. Current US PGA tour events are "fall" (autumn) events to me but I know they are in your spring. But I don't look at it like that. It's just another golf tournament I might watch and enjoy. Who cares who's playing if the golf is good. Simples



    PS for the record, I love The Open too so we're on the same page there. It's my favourite major by far!!!
  • gatorMDgatorMD Hacker-in-Chief ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 4,111 ClubWRX
    edited March 11




    yeahhhhhh buddy, light weighttttttttt.
    Driver: Ping G400 Max 9 Tour AD MT 6
    3W: TM M2 Tour AD MT 7
    Utility: Srixon Z U65 3/19 Tour AD DI
    Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 4-9 Tour V
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 50F, 54F, and 60K KBS Tour
    Putter: Piretti CWII
    Ball: AVX/ProV1
  • agolf1agolf1 Advanced Members Posts: 511 ✭✭
    bravesgolf wrote:


    I didn't conclude anything. I asked a question.



    And no I didn't. I don't judge a golf tournament by who's playing in it. That's just one aspect. And the three players you mentioned, they've hardly been stalwarts for international play of late. The only reason Spieth went to Australia was because he got paid millions to do so until he realised he couldn't handle the "schedule".



    Perhaps if you considered a golfers/golf fans opinion/point of view that didn't live in the US, you might see what I'm talking about. You seem to forget there's another half of the Earth that live on the other side of the equator. Current US PGA tour events are "fall" (autumn) events to me but I know they are in your spring. But I don't look at it like that. It's just another golf tournament I might watch and enjoy. Who cares who's playing if the golf is good. Simples



    PS for the record, I love The Open too so we're on the same page there. It's my favourite major by far!!!


    OK, I thought your comment about the U.S. ones and 3 tournaments made it seem like a conclusion. But it doesn't matter either way / it's fine (FYI, I don't even live in the U.S.).



    I just think the WCGs are losing some relevance. Despite their title, I don't have them as the 6th-9th most important or impressive tournaments of the year (not that my opinion in the golf world has any relevance), and I wouldn't consider the courses they are played on particularly exceptional either. I'd venture to say that more than a few players feel the same way but this is just a guess.
    Titleist 910 D2 11.25*, Diamana Ilima R-Flex (tipped 1')
    Callaway X Hot Pro 19* Fairway, Project X Velocity 6.0
    TaylorMade Raylor 22*, Raylor RE*AX S-Flex
    Ping G25 5-PW (25*-44*), UW (49*), SW (54*), CFS R-Flex
    Ping Zing 2 L/S (57*)
    Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Putter
  • fillwelixfillwelix Advanced Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 11
    Look, all I'm saying is the last time Tiger won the Masters was when the Players was in March
    WITB
    Mizuno ST180 9.5 Tensei Blue 70 X
    Taylormade M2 2016 3HL PX HZRDUS Black 75g S
    Mizuno MP18 Fli-Hi 3 Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P770 4i-5i Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade P730 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120 S
    Taylormade MG 52 KBS Tour-V 130 S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58 & 64 KBS Hi Rev Wedge
    Byron Morgan DH89 / Toulon Long Island
  • wildcatdenwildcatden China Cat Sunflower Advanced Members Posts: 743 ✭✭
    I'm ready for the Players Championship.



  • Birdie MacBirdie Mac Advanced Members Posts: 362 ✭✭
    Tiger FTW. Fowler takes the Masters.
  • dropkickeddropkicked Advanced Members Posts: 261 ✭✭
    fillwelix wrote:


    Look, all I'm saying is the last time Tiger won the Masters was when the Players was in March
    1xdxip.jpg
  • FIRs&GIRs&3-PuttsFIRs&GIRs&3-Putts Advanced Members Posts: 413
    edited March 11
    fillwelix wrote:


    Look, all I'm saying is the last time Tiger won the Masters was when the Players was in March




    ? Phil won the ‘06 Masters - or is that the joke?
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Advanced Members Posts: 12,375 ✭✭
    Tiger would never miss the first Major of the Season, so...
  • RangeballzRangeballz Advanced Members Posts: 1,588 ✭✭
    One of my least favorite tournaments of the year. An uninspired, fake, manufactured golf course, a network bloviating over how it really should be considered a major, ball in the water count on 17 (with comparisons to all prior years), obligatory shots of alligators in the ponds. and endless "better than most" replays. Thank goodness college bball tourneys are in full swing....
  • redfirebird08redfirebird08 Advanced Members Posts: 7,674 ✭✭
    Birdie Mac wrote:


    2013 Players. Tiger prepares to tee off on 18 and is tied with Sergio who promptly dunks two in the water on 17 to card a quad, then dunks another on 18 to card a double. In the post round interview, Sergio says, "I didn't lose it on 17, I just stopped winning it." Classic Sergio. *golf clap*




    Submergio
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Advanced Members Posts: 12,375 ✭✭
    Rangeballz wrote:


    One of my least favorite tournaments of the year. An uninspired, fake, manufactured golf course, a network bloviating over how it really should be considered a major, ball in the water count on 17 (with comparisons to all prior years), obligatory shots of alligators in the ponds. and endless "better than most" replays. Thank goodness college bball tourneys are in full swing....




    At least now we are missing the adorable "pink shirt" references.
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy... Advanced Members Posts: 12,375 ✭✭
    Birdie Mac wrote:


    2013 Players. Tiger prepares to tee off on 18 and is tied with Sergio who promptly dunks two in the water on 17 to card a quad, then dunks another on 18 to card a double. In the post round interview, Sergio says, "I didn't lose it on 17, I just stopped winning it." Classic Sergio. *golf clap*




    This is another classic Sergio at Sawgrass, telling those idiots to f*** off without even talking image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA47lnsZQaA
  • smeal818smeal818 Advanced Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Looks like Tiger will be giving it a go!
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Advanced Members Posts: 25,674 ✭✭
    smeal818 wrote:


    Looks like Tiger will be giving it a go!








    D1ZGC_4XcAA_daJ.jpg
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Advanced Members Posts: 4,186 ✭✭
    imakaveli wrote:


    Tiger would never miss the first Major of the Season, so...




    One of my favorite Dan Jenkins quotes on if the TPC was a major.



    "A major doesn't have a pro-am on Wednesday."



    (The TPC did back in the 1980s when he made this quote)
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Advanced Members Posts: 4,186 ✭✭
    bscinstnct wrote:

    smeal818 wrote:


    Looks like Tiger will be giving it a go!




    https://twitter.com/...injury-players/



    D1ZGC_4XcAA_daJ.jpg






    99TV.gif
    swing is irrelevant, score is everything

    just say NO.... to practice swings
«13456741
Sign In or Register to comment.