How coming from money helps guys reach the tour..

14567810»

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30321WRX Points: 6,685Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,321 Titanium Tees

On -, @3jacker said:

TW's parents got divorced and then one died.
    Helluva a pay off.

Heart disease comes no mattter how much you spend on golf.

Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  54 60 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolina 30321WRX Points: 6,685Handicap: NONEMembers Posts: 30,321 Titanium Tees

I >

On -, @bladehunter said:

On -, @3jacker said:

Helluva a pay off.

Heart disease comes no mattter how much you spend on golf.

I guarantee you Earl Woods has no regrets as far as time and money spent on tigers game.

I don’t know what happens with that post. But I can’t delete it. So. Oh well.

Posted:
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

• lowheellowheel LOWHEEL  6761WRX Points: 1,790Members Posts: 6,761 Titanium Tees

On -, @3jacker said:

Helluva a pay off.

Wow! Really?

Posted:
  • 3jacker3jacker  1085WRX Points: 727Members Posts: 1,085 Platinum Tees

Yeah. Earl put in all the work, saw just a glimpse of the payoff, and then croaked.
    Tida is a bitter, mean woman. Those 2 gave TW a blessing/curse with his upbringing. Supported his golf, but also intentionally turned him into a sociopath.
    To be clear, he's doing much better now, though.

Posted:
    Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
    TM V-Steel 4wd Protopype 80X
    Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
    Titleist 818 H2 21*
    Callaway Apex MB 4-PW KBS C-Taper X
    Vokey SM7 52* F
    Vokey SM7 58* D
    Sizemore XB-1

Prices to be paid for everything. They could have loved him softly, gave him no drive and he could manage a Walmart now and have a Oreo cookie habit that added 120lbs. Hmmmm. Which would I choose ?

Posted:
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

• BearQBearQ  3667WRX Points: 851Members Posts: 3,667 Titanium Tees

The argument is complex so many angles

I’ll chime in on my personal experience. Three guys I grew up with playing nearly everyday were top10 competitors in state. They did so without coaching or free coaching from relatives/club pros. They all, including myself got phased out when we lost parental support for golf expenses around 15/16. The same kids we destroyed got elite coaching and had full tournament schedules as oppose to our select few we saved every penny for. Eventually those guys reached the next level whether college/mini tour. And we became dominant mediocre club members cause it’s all we could afford.

A lot has been mentioned in this thread so I thought a personal story may have more meaning. So my take home point is, many families can make it work until your kid hits teens. Then it’s not just a talent thing, and often times there is far more talent on the sidelines that got phased out cause of $$$/responsibilities/lack of support. Very common story.

The guys who make it.
    So much support and luck is involved...along with hard work etc. But this is why every golfer now mentions his team. It’s so difficult to do much without. We all have 24hr days.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.