Taylormade M1  Speeder 661 Evo
    Ping G  Aldila NV 75s
    Titleist T-MB 20°  DG S400
    Titleist 695CB  DG S300 (4-PW)
    Callaway MD Forged  Recoil 125 F4
    Miura  KM-006  

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RSinSGRSinSG St George, UT (Formerly Palm Springs, CA) 3331WRX Points: 409Handicap: 7.2ClubWRX Posts: 3,331

RSinSG wrote:

It's all Karma. It's never cool to dump your fiancee via a 10 minute phone call. Especially when you were hanging around with her earlier in the day. Somewhere in Caroline's luggage is a Rory doll with pins stuck in it.

He's won 2 majors, 2 WGCs, a Fedex cup and Race to Dubai since the breakup.....poor karma
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Tour AD DI S
    Ping G30 3 wood, 5 wood
    Ben Hogan VTKR 21* hybrid
    Ping G400 Irons 5-SW, Steel Fiber i95
    Ping Glide 60* LW
    Scotty Cameron Studio Blade (or)
     Scotty CameronFastback
    Gamegolf
    https://www.ledges.com/ Home course
  • HankshankHankshank  1868WRX Points: 330Members Posts: 1,868
    Just from what I saw of last day at Bay Hill, he was good with the driver as always, lukewarm on the greens and not at all as accurate with his iron shots as he used to be.
    Posted:
  • Danm2501Danm2501  258WRX Points: 38Handicap: 12.6Members Posts: 258
    Probably because winning on Tour is incredibly difficult. Players with a 1, 2 or 3 shot lead after 54 holes win 33% of the time in the last 6 years. Rory's numbers align with that pretty closely. Closing tournaments unless you go into the final round with a 4 shot lead or more is hard.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 HZRDUS Red 62 TI
    Callaway XR 4 Wood
    Callaway X-Hot 22* Hybrid
    Nike Covert 2.0 Irons (4-SW)
    Vokey SM5 Wedge 50*
    Callaway Mack Daddy III 58*
    Scotty Cameron Futura X5

Callaway Chrome Soft Golf Ball
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob  1046WRX Points: 198Handicap: 13ClubWRX Posts: 1,046
    I’m just going to put this out there as a 60 year old hacker playing off 10. It appears to me anyway, that he often misreads the putts. Could it be that JP used to help out with the reads, I wouldn’t expect his mate to be any help there.

Rob
    Posted:
  • MMB1500MMB1500  6425WRX Points: 344Handicap: GolfMembers Posts: 6,425
    Rob McHugh wrote:

I’m just going to put this out there as a 60 year old hacker playing off 10. It appears to me anyway, that he often misreads the putts. Could it be that JP used to help out with the reads, I wouldn’t expect his mate to be any help there.

Rob

I believe his green reading is a huge factor in his poor performance on the greens. If he got some proper guidance on this it could help him massively.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • GolfnutgalenGolfnutgalen  2657WRX Points: 389Members Posts: 2,657
    When Rory won the API last year he gained a remarkable 2.5 stroke per round with his putter. Now stats of course aren't perfect of course, but he would have won his last 5 tournaments this season if he had that putting average this year.
    Posted:
  • rjbrewer57rjbrewer57  9WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 9
    His stance is too wide. His swing is too loopy
    Posted:
  • SugarPenguinSugarPenguin  67WRX Points: 63Handicap: 8Members Posts: 67
    Im a huge Rory fan and he has to be the most frustrating player to support on tour.

My opinion:

Rory is a much better putter than people give him credit for. The only sub-standard part of his game is wedges. He is decent at chipping but anything else (including bunkers) hes poor in comparison.

The biggest factor for me is mentally. I think he is just mentally drained. I don't think its the pressure or stress or being married or anything like that..... I just think that he just has so many sponsor commitments and responsibilities of that nature. He puts waaaaay to much effort in doing that then focusing on his game. So when the time comes and some pressure does kick in, he just doesnt seem to have the mental capacity to go into 'kill mode'. He needs to stop grinding for money as im sure he isnt going to struggle to keep the lights on, and just play fearless and committed golf as its just waaay to safe on Sundays when hes in contention. For me - he is just a bit lassez-faire and once he has a couple of bad holes he just seems to just give up and not grind.

Sort it out Rory - and if you are short of some cash for a beer I can spot you.

Just my opinion.
    Posted:
    The Bats:
    TS3 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Yellow
    TS3 3 Wood - Aldila Rogue Silver
    Apex Hybrid 19°- Kuro Kage Black
    MP20 MMC - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Vokey 50° 54° 58° - Project X Rifle 6.0
    Spider Tour X
  • ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CA 6011WRX Points: 1,685Handicap: 2.7Members Posts: 6,011

Im a huge Rory fan and he has to be the most frustrating player to support on tour.

My opinion:

Rory is a much better putter than people give him credit for. The only sub-standard part of his game is wedges. He is decent at chipping but anything else (including bunkers) hes poor in comparison.

The biggest factor for me is mentally. I think he is just mentally drained. I don't think its the pressure or stress or being married or anything like that..... I just think that he just has so many sponsor commitments and responsibilities of that nature. He puts waaaaay to much effort in doing that then focusing on his game. So when the time comes and some pressure does kick in, he just doesnt seem to have the mental capacity to go into 'kill mode'. He needs to stop grinding for money as im sure he isnt going to struggle to keep the lights on, and just play fearless and committed golf as its just waaay to safe on Sundays when hes in contention. For me - he is just a bit lassez-faire and once he has a couple of bad holes he just seems to just give up and not grind.

Just my opinion.

+1
    Posted:
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  28049WRX Points: 4,330Members Posts: 28,049
    rjbrewer57 wrote:

His stance is too wide. His swing is too loopy

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Steele47Steele47  1645WRX Points: 798Members Posts: 1,645
    Gluten Deficiency.
    Posted:
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct  28049WRX Points: 4,330Members Posts: 28,049
    Steele47 wrote:

Gluten Deficiency.

Gluten is key.

Like tonight

Loaf of Italian bread

Big plate of pasta with rabe

Breaded Veal cutlets

Haha!

Course I killed myself of the old school step machine after work for like 35 minutes. Got my heart rate to 290.

Actually, dont feel so good right now.

Need a cookie ; )

Posted:
  • youdamantigeryoudamantiger  446WRX Points: 257Handicap: 6.8Members Posts: 446

My opinion:

Just my opinion.

Rory ranked 15th last year in proximity to the hole from 100-125 yards. He ranked 20th last year in proximity to the hole from under 100 yards. He ranked 97th in putting. Still think his wedges are the problem?
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • dolfinackdolfinack  474WRX Points: 56Members Posts: 474
    imakaveli wrote:

Beer buddy as a caddie, already accomplished and gazillions in the bank. I would do the switch anytime though.

Harry Diamond is a +2 player. That’s the kind of beer buddy caddy you want.

In other news, golf is hard.
    Posted:
  • imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13132WRX Points: 998Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 13,132
    dolfinack wrote:

imakaveli wrote:

Beer buddy as a caddie, already accomplished and gazillions in the bank. I would do the switch anytime though.

Harry Diamond is a +2 player. That’s the kind of beer buddy caddy you want.

In other news, golf is hard.

Being good at playing golf doesn't mean you are good at caddying, it means you are good at playing golf.

Golf is hard, but that's not a big deal if you are already accomplished.

Fat Rory is still my favourite player though.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • M4TTM4TT England 1500WRX Points: 300Handicap: 6Members Posts: 1,500
    imakaveli wrote:

Fat Rory is still my favourite player though.

Nail on the head there.

Fat Rory = Always hungry to win

Slim Rory = On a diet
    Posted:

COBRA BIO CELL PRO DRIVER 

• Birdie MacBirdie Mac  662WRX Points: 329Members Posts: 662
    So which is better: Fat Luther Vandross or skinny?

Not having been in that position I cannot imagine what it's like going from a pudgy kid who plays golf at a high level for the love of the game to an adult who plays it for a living and is being pushed and pulled in all directions by media and business obligations. I don't think there's anything wrong with him; he's an excellent player who'll win his share of tournaments. He's good; just not 'Tiger good'. Tiger casts a long shadow.
    Posted:
  • oz dee ceeoz dee cee  508WRX Points: 98Members Posts: 508
    This thread done??? Or does it have to be a major, not the ‘5th’ major?
    Posted:
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Tasmania to Canada 13173WRX Points: 2,109Handicap: 1.6Members Posts: 13,173
    Just needs a green jacket now
    Posted:

Ping G400 LST 11* Aldila RIP Phenom 50tx
    Ping G400 3w 14.5* Oban Revenge 65x
    Callaway GBB 5w 17* Aldila NVS Pink 85x 
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* GD Tour AD DI 95x
    Callaway Apex 5h 26* GD Tour AD Hyb 105x
    Mizuno 919T 6-GW UST 95 Recoil f4 
    Ping Eye2+ 53* UST 110 Recoil f4
    Ping Glide ES 59* wrx UST 110
    Callaway PM 64* UST 110
    Piretti Matera Elite 

'19 Index 0.9 ~ 3.7
  • pingbling23pingbling23  224WRX Points: 25Members Posts: 224
    Well done RORS!!!!
    Posted:
    Ping G 10.5* Tour 65 S
    Ping G30 3 & 5 Fwy
    Ping G25 3-W CFS X
    Ping Gorge 52*, 56*, 60*
    Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2/Ping Sigma G Anser

Advertisement
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 19882WRX Points: 3,848ClubWRX Posts: 19,882

In August of 2017 at the Open Championship at Royal Birkdale Mcilroy fired his caddie JP Fitzgerald.

Fitzgerald's replacement was Harry Diamond, Rory's best friend who had no professional caddie experience at all. Fitzgerald on the other hand, had caddied for Darren Clarke, Paul Mcginley and Ernie Els.

Since Diamond took over, Mcilroy was in the last group in these 7 tournaments:

2018 Masters

2018 WGC

2018 BMW

2018 Tour Championship

2019 Sentry Tournament of Champions

2019 WGC

2019 Arnold Palmer Invitational

and he was unable to close the deal.

I'm wondering if Mcilroy would have had a caddie with tour experience, a caddie who knew how to handle the pressure being in contention on Sunday, he might have won at least one of those six tournaments.

I'm wondering if Mcilroy is thinking about that too.

Did he have a different caddie today? Oh - looked like the same guy that's been there for his no worse than 6th place in his events this year. Dominating.
    Posted:
  • KaysquareKaysquare Puppyluv  2197WRX Points: 162Handicap: 10Members Posts: 2,197
    Congrats to Rory! A fine win for him on St. Patrick's Day. I'll admit I was rooting for Jim Furyk though.
    Posted:
  • sandtrapsandtrap  846WRX Points: 140Members Posts: 846
    Ok close it up
    Posted:
  • gvogelgvogel  8018WRX Points: 1,012Members Posts: 8,018
    oz dee cee wrote:

This thread done??? Or does it have to be a major, not the '5th' major?

Aren't internet discussions fun?
    Posted:
    Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse
  • Ogden51Ogden51 Australia 193WRX Points: 46Members Posts: 193
    Open the floodgates
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • rkelso184rkelso184  308WRX Points: 162Handicap: 22Members Posts: 308
    well this got awkward quickly....
    Posted:

Dr = Taylormade M6 ACCRA 2.0 360 M4

4W = PXG Gen 2 0341X Fuji Pro 2.0 7s

3 + 4H = Mizuno CLK Fuji Pro Hy 76s

5-PW = Mizuno MP20 HMB Modus 120s

52-56-60 = Mizuno T20 Satin S400

Putter = Scotty Concept 02 Stability Shaft

Ball = Taylormade TP5

• imakaveliimakaveli Moli Moli Moli Moli Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy...  13132WRX Points: 998Handicap: 3.8Members Posts: 13,132
    About time Rory. Must have been nothing interesting on tv this afternoon image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> now win Augusta and make it 6 image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />
    Posted:
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Iowa 19882WRX Points: 3,848ClubWRX Posts: 19,882
    He hasn’t forgotten how to win, Caroline can’t remember the PIN on her phone. She’s down, he’s up! Poor Elaine!

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaroWozniacki/status/1106061797323431936

Posted:

Advertisement
  • GolfnutgalenGolfnutgalen  2657WRX Points: 389Members Posts: 2,657
    Just wanted to post this video here:

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.