ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Protecting a putter

ChopsticksChopsticks Members Posts: 8
I have to admit, I use to never protect my putter in any way... yes, even with a head cover. But recently, I’ve been admiring Putters, so much that I got 2 customs putter in a DLC finish and also bought an original Tei3. I have mutilple headcover for each putter for when I use them but my question is, what should I use, if any, oils to protect my putters from rusting and stripping the paint??? I’ve heard of Putter Butter but I can’t seem to find any in Canada.

Comments

• PutterProPutterPro ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 77 ClubWRX
    Putter Butter can purchased through golfworks.ca! Other oils to help protect would be baby oil or gun oil. Good luck taking care of those beauties :-)
  • rt301rt301 Members Posts: 13 ✭✭
    I use baby oil. But I’ve also heard of some people using a silicone spray.

• JoelsimJoelsim Advanced Members Posts: 654
    edited March 18
    Just spray with WD40 every 5 rounds or so, leave on for a couple of minutes then wipe with some kitchen roll.

Never leave a raw putter in a wet headcover, so if it’s been raining take the headcover off when you get home and dry it before replacing the putter in it for storage.

This is what I do with my Bettinardi and it works a treat.
    Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Regular Alta CB 44.5”
    Ping G400 13.5 3-Wood Regular Alta CB 42”
    Titleist 818 H1 18 3-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Titleist 818 H1 23 4-Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW Regular Alta (#4 at power spec loft)
    Cleveland CBX 52
    Cleveland CBX 56
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 64 S
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 79 ✭✭
    I can second the WD40. Works like a charm