ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Discount Dan’s Golf shoutout

AquilaAquila "Deceptively simple and endlessly complicated..."Advanced Members Posts: 131 ✭✭
Wanted to throw out some quick praise for Discount Dan’s Golf. New set of Mizuno irons just arrived today, and the price was as good as this forum told me to expect. What really impressed me was the customer service. Turns out the clubs were built with the grip logos up, even though I had specified logos down. Small detail, but I knew it was going to bug me. Without hesitation, discount Dan’s offered to refund me the cost of regripping. It made a great deal and experience even better.

With a business model and service like this, I will not buy new equipment from anybody else going forward. Customer for life!
Driver: Cobra King LTD Pro 8.5* / MCA Diamana D+ Limited Edition 70X
Fairway: Titleist 917 F2 14.25* / MCA Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80S
Utility/DI: Srixon Z U85 19* / Nippon Modus3 120S
Irons: Mizuno JPX919 Hot Metal 4-6 & Forged 7-GW / Nippon Modus3 120S
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 54* & 58* / Nippon Modus3 120S
Putter: Ping Anser 3 / SuperStroke Flatso 1.0
Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Advanced Members Posts: 7,024 ✭✭
    edited March 12
    I do love me some DD's but on a couple quotes I've gotten from them, the "only" savings they could offer was free shipping and no sales tax on full retail price. Obviously better than nothing, but... Wonder if it's due to that particular OEM?
    WITB
    LTD Pro Kiyoshi White 65X
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Apex Pro Smoke incoming!!
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 23,995 ClubWRX
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

I do love me some DD's but on a couple quotes I've gotten from them, the "only" savings they could offer was free shipping and no sales tax on full retail price. Obviously better than nothing, but... Wonder if it's due to that particular OEM?

If we're playing Jeopardy, the proper response is "Who is Ping."
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

It's not just them. There's 2 others.
    WITB
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 23,995 ClubWRX
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

There are several OEM's who have restrictions on them. They don't want to see their products sold online at a significant discount. IIRC, there are some clubs that you can't order on line and have to call them to place an order.
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

There are several OEM's who have restrictions on them. They don't want to see their products sold online at a significant discount. IIRC, there are some clubs that you can't order on line and have to call them to place an order.

I can understand why. Still, as long as I'm not ordering something crazy custom, I'd always want to support a smaller company like DD's. I just don't order new very often so when I do consider it, they are the first call I make.

I guess the only downside miiiiight be if you ran into issues with the club(s) and need warranty claim, but I would hope DD's would push the issue along with the OEM and help get that taken care of.
    WITB
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
    Z1ggy16 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

DavePelz4 wrote:

Z1ggy16 wrote:

I can understand why. Still, as long as I'm not ordering something crazy custom, I'd always want to support a smaller company like DD's. I just don't order new very often so when I do consider it, they are the first call I make.

I guess the only downside miiiiight be if you ran into issues with the club(s) and need warranty claim, but I would hope DD's would push the issue along with the OEM and help get that taken care of.

That's one of the many benefits of DD's. The clubs come custom from the OEM and if there is a warranty issue, it's back to the manufacturer for remedying the situation.