ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Undisclosed Shaft Extension

YieemanYieeman Members Posts: 17
edited March 12 in Deal or No Deal?
I just received a Fujikura Speeder Evo V I purchased on eBay and when I went to regrip it I noticed that it had a shaft extension. This was not disclosed in the posting. Two questions:

1) Is this worth bringing to the seller and asking for a return?

2) If I want to trim the shaft down, will the extension complicate this?

We can debate the wisdom of eBaying later.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
TM M3 9.5* 44" Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s
TM M3 15* 42" Tensei Blue
Callaway Epic 20* 5 wood 41" Diamana D+ 70g
Ping G400 Crossover 19* 38" KBS C Taper Light
Titleist 718 4 iron 37" Graphite Design Tour AD Driving Iron
Callaway Apex Pro 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 (5-7 @ 37")
Vokey SM 6 46* 50* Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM7 55* 60* Project X LZ 6.0
TM Spider Tour Red Center Shaft

Comments

• PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Advanced Members Posts: 8,158 ✭✭
    I think it is worth bringing to the attention of the seller. As far as trimming, unless you want it stiffer, just trim the butt end.

All that said as long as the extension isnt super long it wont real effect playability.
    G400 LST 8.5° - HZ Smoke Yellow 70x
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62- S300
    Scotty Cameron X7M
    RZN Platinum
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX Charter Members, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,798 ClubWRX
    You could contact the seller and request a refund. Keep in mind, its possible he didn't know there was an extension or he may claim that he didn't know even if he did know.

If the extension is 1/2" or less I wouldn't worry about its as I would rather not deal with the refund process. Anything less than 1" won't affect play-ability.

Shortening the shaft won't be an issue.
    Callaway Epic 9* - Diamana B+ 60X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 19* Hybrid - Diamana S+ 80X
    Callaway 13 X-Forged 4-PW - KBS $ Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
  • weavej1weavej1 Advanced Members Posts: 85
    I guess i would go in another direction, if you are shortening it why bother? If you were intending to extend it, now it may be worth bringing up to the seller.
    Wishon 10.5 919 driver
    Pure fit Raw ID 4 wood
    Ping rapture 21 degree
    4-9 ping zing with aerotech regular
    50;54;58 ping tour wedges
    Seemore fgp giant
    Ping moonlite bag
  • cardoustiecardoustie haha, we don't play for 5's Advanced Members Posts: 11,367 ✭✭
    I can admit first hand with a 100 pulls in the basement, without pulling the grip off I would not recall which ones have been extended

If it's a small amount it doesn't matter .. over 1" ... matters
    Ping G400 LST 11* Mitsu TI BB Matte 53x
    Callaway GBB 3w 14* Mitsu Blueboard 63x
    Ping G400 5w 17* Fubuki Tour 73x
    Callaway V-series Hwood Fuji TS 8.2s
    Callaway Apex 4h 23* Fujikura 904HBs
    Ping Rapture 5-PW Aldila NV MLTi Pro105x
    Ping iWedge 50* Aldila NV 105x
    Ping Zing 2 BeCu s2 54.5* & s3 57.5*
    Piretti Matera Elite (torched)
  • augustgolfaugustgolf Golf with dignity Coastal NCAdvanced Members Posts: 3,880 ✭✭
    cardoustie wrote:

I can admit first hand with a 100 pulls in the basement, without pulling the grip off I would not recall which ones have been extended

If it's a small amount it doesn't matter .. over 1" ... matters

You guys are making fun of me again...????

"Over 1"

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:4932302]
    Pings from the beginning

OGA member 1415
    or is it 1514...
    I don't remember exactly
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Advanced Members Posts: 3,781 ✭✭
    If the extension was not disclosed in the listing, I would definitely contact the seller.

Although the seller might not be aware of the extension, it's not what you purchased. It also depending on the purchasing price. Figure it in whether the cost of return shipping will worth the trouble sending it back.

As far as using it or trimming from the butt end in the future, there shouldn't be an issue as long as the extension was installed properly.
  • DYOS4DYOS4 Advanced Members Posts: 568
    Post a picture of it but probably just cut it to your playing length and go with it.
    Cobra F9
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 818H2 21*
    Cobra CB/MB 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50* SM6 56*, 60*
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5
  • YieemanYieeman Members Posts: 17
    Thanks! Was really worried about cutting into the extension to make it play 44", but it performed great so I will let it ride until the honeymoon phase wears off.
    TM M3 9.5* 44" Graphite Design Tour AD GP6s
    TM M3 15* 42" Tensei Blue
    Callaway Epic 20* 5 wood 41" Diamana D+ 70g
    Ping G400 Crossover 19* 38" KBS C Taper Light
    Titleist 718 4 iron 37" Graphite Design Tour AD Driving Iron
    Callaway Apex Pro 5-9 Project X LZ 6.0 (5-7 @ 37")
    Vokey SM 6 46* 50* Project X LZ 6.0
    Vokey SM7 55* 60* Project X LZ 6.0
    TM Spider Tour Red Center Shaft
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Advanced Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭
    Extensions are perfectly fine. If the club was purchased used, the seller may not have known. Regardless, the fact that no one ever knows they had one until the regrip should tell you what you need.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    Wilson 8802 Milled - SeeMore PTM1 - Bettinardi 2016 BB1F - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 - Kirk Currie Trinity
    MacGregor Bobby Grace M5K - Maxfli Tad Moore TM-2 - Zevo Toulon Z Blade 2 - numerous Spalding TP Mills
  • snapiersnapier Advanced Members Posts: 784 ✭✭
    Yieeman wrote:

Thanks! Was really worried about cutting into the extension to make it play 44", but it performed great so I will let it ride until the honeymoon phase wears off.

Simply remove the extension
  • VNutzVNutz Advanced Members Posts: 5,984 ✭✭
    If the shaft with or without the extension plays well for you and you're happy with it, that's great. However, as a frequent club and shaft buyer (ho if you will) I've got a problem with extensions not being disclosed as IMO shortened and/or extended shafts don't carry the same value as standard length ones do, should you eventually move them on. It might be a poor analogy but it's like buying a used car that has a few hidden issues, only this time you can't inspect prior to purchase. And unfortunately there are too many sellers on ebay (and here for that matter) that don't have the integrity to pass up a few extra dollars.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,035 ✭✭
    I agree with Vnuts about the value for resale issue.

The shaft will work just fine for you, especially if you are trimming it down, but if you decide you don’t like it, when you sell it you must disclose the extension (unlesss you have no morals).. Again, not a problem unless the potential buyer wishes to extend it. It can’t be extended now so it is actually worth a bit less because of that fact.

If you got a great deal on it no big issue. I bought a KKDC XT Prototype with an extension here on BST. It was disclosed and I got a slightly better price because of it. Both parties were happy. I trimmed it off anyway since I play my drivers short. I would NOT have been happy to find it if I had paid full market value for it.

9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • dxdgenertdxdgenert Dirtiest player in the game Advanced Members Posts: 1,517 ✭✭
    I get the resale aspect and agree completely. The issue that the OP asked about was about playability and integrity. Those often get confused and extensions are demonized, unfairly. Yes, it will lower the resale value. No, it will not adversely affect playing characteristics, if it was installed correctly.
    PING G400 MAX w/ Alta CB
    Cobra KING F7 fairway w/ Fujikura Pro 65
    Cobra KING F7 hybrid w/ Fujikura Pro 75H
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 Utility 4 Iron
    Wilson Staff FG Tour V4 5-GW
    Wilson Staff FG Tour PMP Blue Tour Grind 56* and 60*
    Wilson 8802 Milled - SeeMore PTM1 - Bettinardi 2016 BB1F - Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1 - Kirk Currie Trinity
    MacGregor Bobby Grace M5K - Maxfli Tad Moore TM-2 - Zevo Toulon Z Blade 2 - numerous Spalding TP Mills