2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Suffering from an inside swing

Virtualconcats ·  
VirtualconcatsVirtualconcats  8WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 8
Hi Guys

I'm really frustrated with not being able to improve on my swing. My issue is that I keep taking the club inside. Plus I believe it limits me on my back swing as you can see I can't take it back. I think I am as low as I can go (index 11.5) and without drastic changes I won't be able to improve.

Things I suffer: hit behind the ball, inconsistent contact, push to the right. Thanks for the help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yoMGtZzqHzozvsMK7

Posted:

Comments

• MoomitchMoomitch  30WRX Points: 29ClubWRX Posts: 30

What I would suggest is to think and focus on your swing plane, and how all of the parts of your body can facilitate getting on that plane. Right now it looks like your arms are locked in with your shoulder and hip turn. You want them to work together, but still have some separation of movement.

Beyond just adjusting the mindset, you put a ball directly behind the club at set up, and then try to push that ball straight backwards on your takeaway. I would do this while maintaining the shoulder turn so you can feel that separation.

Let me know if this helps.

Posted:
    M1 2017 9.5 Hzrdus Black
    Cobra King ltd black 14.5
    Srixon zU65 18*
    Titleist AP2 4-pw
    Cleveland rtx 3.0 50,55,60
    Scotty Cameron Squareback
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ScottboxScottbox scottbox  97WRX Points: 47Handicap: 9Members Posts: 97

I wish you had a DTL. But looks like flat shoulder and hip planes. Practice with a club on your shoulder and "point" the butt of the club at a ball about a foot past the ball you want to hit. Also, keep your hip to from turning too much towards the target so early. This causes a reverse pivot. You will point your butt towards the target, but a touch later. Also practice brushing your right thigh with the butt of the club as you go back. You'll feel like the club isn't rotating at all. These are great to look at:

Hip/Shoulder turn:

Takeaway:

Posted:
  • VirtualconcatsVirtualconcats  8WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 8

Thank you guys.. I was away from Golfwrx for a while and found these great responses!
    I still suffer from an inside/deep takeaway, however, if I force myself to take the club outside on the takeaway I found it helps me. Similarly the butt of the club does feel like it's almost going to brush against the right thing.

Posted:
  • laneholtlaneholt  645WRX Points: 87Members Posts: 645

Louis,
    Your BS is NOT to much inside. The ONLY purpose of the BS is to “” form a lever between your arms and shaft “ - nothing else !!!! It is the same as swinging a baseball bat, a hatchet, an axe - those of which you would never give one second thought on how you took it back to form a lever system. Much to much thought is given to the golf BS.
    IMO, this is part of your problem. Your weight never gets off your left side in your BS. Think about throwing a baseball, football, a javelin,etc; I expect you know the answer.
    Balance mechanisms in the Human structure are designed to keep us upright and the our desire to propel our golf ball some distances is of “NO IMPORTANCE AT ALL “ to them. Their ONLY goal is to keep us upright. When our balance is threatened our body will counterbalance us - and yours does it’s job very well BC when you throw the club head at the ball from the very top of your DS your torso is going South and your HANDS and ARMS are going North. Anatomical confusion ensues and your balance mechanisms engage immediately to auto correct you- and you can’t override genetics. You are a servant to them.
    The golf swing is NOT at throwing motion. It is a circle around our torso performed by “ pulling the lever system down and around and sweeping the ball off the ground.” You have lots of work ahead to get there.

Good luck.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.