Does Golf Galaxy accept Dicks Coupons on non-exempt Items?

 halliedog ·  
halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
Joined:  in Deal or No Deal? #1
Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?
Posted:
WITB:
Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
1

Comments

  • wundejwundej  3796WRX Points: 145ClubWRX Posts: 3,796 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #2
    halliedog wrote:
    Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



    Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



    Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?


    How is that **** you? They have certain manufacturers that are excluded from promotions, almost all retailers do. It’s listed right on coupons that manufacturer and brand restrictions apply.



    Call and ask if it’s excluded.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #3
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



    Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



    Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?


    How is that **** you? They have certain manufacturers that are excluded from promotions, almost all retailers do. It’s listed right on coupons that manufacturer and brand restrictions apply.



    Call and ask if it’s excluded.




    Sun Mountain wasn't listed on as an exclusion on my last purchase, My coupon only said certain things/brands excluded and Sun Mountain wasn't one of them. I only found out when I got tot the register.



    Thanks for the suggestion of calling in the morning though. Guess I can hope they decide to open early and answer the phone and tell me if something is excluded?
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • wilymowilymo GA 318WRX Points: 49Members Posts: 318 Greens
    Joined:  #4
    It all depends on the manager. I’ve had some managers see an item not on the list and then do a manual override and some draw a hard line in the sand and say tough luck.
    Posted:
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz  855WRX Points: 171Handicap: 13Members Posts: 855 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #5
    I believe I’ve used dicks coupons at gg & vise versa. Not sure if clicgear is excluded.
    Posted:
  • halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #6
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



    Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



    Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?


    How is that **** you? They have certain manufacturers that are excluded from promotions, almost all retailers do. It’s listed right on coupons that manufacturer and brand restrictions apply.



    Call and ask if it’s excluded.




    It was "**** me" because Sun Mountain wasn't listed on the list of exclusions, so I went in with good faith and didn't get the $50 off $200. I would call and ask if anyone would answer the phone...



    I'm just trying to find out if can go in tomorrow and pick up a ClickGear at regular price and use the $50 off $200, or if that's on the excluded list now also.



    Thanks for your input though!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2740WRX Points: 627Members Posts: 2,740 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #7
    I’m pretty sure they’re interchangeable in person.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #8
    Thank You BiggErn, finally an intelligent answer! Now just have to hope Click Gear isn't on the restricted list.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2740WRX Points: 627Members Posts: 2,740 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #9
    halliedog wrote:
    Thank You BiggErn, finally an intelligent answer! Now just have to hope Click Gear isn't on the restricted list.




    I’m not 100% but if it’s a coupon that you get in the mail for “10$ off when you spend $50” or whatever, there’s usually not anything restricted. When they run the flash sales online that are similar that’s when they have a lot of restrictions.
    Posted:
  • bkirkley09bkirkley09  513WRX Points: 139Handicap: 20+Members Posts: 513 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #10
    I will say that at times the golf galaxy coupons will not scan at Dicks. I have had managers who would apply a discount and others who would not. The coupons work on golf galaxy’s website so you could buy there?
    Posted:

    Taylormade 2017 M2 - Accra TZ6 M5 65
    Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid - Graphite Design AD DI 85 S
    Callaway Big Bertha 4 Hybrid - KBS Tour Proto 85 S
    Ping G700 5 - W - AWT 2.0 S
    Vokey SM7 Chrome 48F, 52F, 56S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 60
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X 6 STR

  • GHIN n JuiceGHIN n Juice Wingpointe GC...Never Forgotten  1817WRX Points: 250Members Posts: 1,817 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #11
    This was a number of years ago but I worked at a DSG store and we would routinely make exceptions on coupons and prices for those who would try and haggle. If you have more than one Dicks in the area even better. The manager of the smaller store will do pretty much anything to keep your business away from the bigger store. Go to the smaller one on an off day at an off time and tell them the bigger location would do it, or that you are just going to go to the bigger store for any reason and they’ll most likely work something out for you. Dicks is, or used to be, very numbers driven. Store managers are scared stiff to get on the weekly call and hear their store isn’t making numbers. They will fire them on the spot if it becomes routine. Use their fears against them.
    Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner  705WRX Points: 432Members Posts: 705 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #12
    Think of them as the same store, so the coupons are interchangeable. Though I've never actually tried to use a GG coupon at Dick's. But if it's on the exempt list at Dick's, it's on the exempt list at GG.



    Here's the list of exempt items: https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/s/promo-exclusions



    I think if there's a "screwed"-ness about the Dick's/GG coupons it's that virtually all golf stuff is excluded from their % off coupons, so it feels a little disingenuous when Golf Galaxy sends you a coupon in the mail. When you get something in the mail that says "Try the new Callaway driver! And here's a coupon for $50 off $250!", you're probably going to be a little bummed to find out that Callaway items don't qualify for the coupon.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner  705WRX Points: 432Members Posts: 705 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #13
    On another note... earlier this week I wanted to buy something at Dick's and remembered I had a coupon for $10 off $50. However, when I went to make the purchase online I realized that the coupon was thrown out with our junk mail. On a lark I decided to go on their online chat and ask if I could get that coupon re-sent to me, and the customer service rep just gave me a $10 off code instantly.



    So if you're ever in that situation, you might want to give it a shot.
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8
  • linkerpanlinkerpan  1467WRX Points: 113ClubWRX Posts: 1,467 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Mar 13, 2019 #14
    Pretty clear:

    Golf/Racquet

    Babolat, Callaway, Cleveland, Cobra (PUMA Golf), Ecco, Ektelon, Footjoy, Golf Components, Golf Electronics, Golftime, Head, Lobster, Mizuno Golf, Nike Golf, Odyssey, PING, Pinnacle, Prince, Ralph Lauren Golf, Special Order Golf Balls, Skytrack, Sun Mountain Bags, TaylorMade, Titleist, Under Armour, US Kids, Wilson



    I do not see clicgear on that list. Now, if you want to buy clubs think about those Tommy Armours, lol
    Posted:
    Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
    Tee EX10 Beta 13, 18. Hzrdus Yellow, Accra 300F
    M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
    M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
    P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
    Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
    Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350
    Snell MTB balls
    Bushnell V2 range finder
    Ping Pioneer Cart Bag
    UA Storm Stand bag

    WITB Link
  • Sparky14Sparky14 San Clemente CA 447WRX Points: 174Handicap: 4Members Posts: 447 Greens
    Joined:  #15
    I'm 0 for 2 trying to use a DSG coupon at GG.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2740WRX Points: 627Members Posts: 2,740 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16
    Sparky14 wrote:
    I'm 0 for 2 trying to use a DSG coupon at GG.




    Online it’s more difficult but in person I’ve never had an issue. I’ve made exchanges and returns bought at one and returned/exchanged to the other. I ordered a wedge from dick’s a few weeks ago that arrived in a GG box.
    Posted:
  • Sparky14Sparky14 San Clemente CA 447WRX Points: 174Handicap: 4Members Posts: 447 Greens
    Joined:  #17
    BiggErn wrote:

    Sparky14 wrote:
    I'm 0 for 2 trying to use a DSG coupon at GG.




    Online it’s more difficult but in person I’ve never had an issue. I’ve made exchanges and returns bought at one and returned/exchanged to the other. I ordered a wedge from dick’s a few weeks ago that arrived in a GG box.




    My 0 for 2 is in person.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • howaboutmehowaboutme Fairfax, VA 215WRX Points: 55Members Posts: 215 Fairways
    Joined:  #18
    Yes, I've used them interchangeably. In person, I believe it's a human override so if you aren't with anyone that can or knows how to do it, they will have to ask a manager.
    Posted:
  • wundejwundej  3796WRX Points: 145ClubWRX Posts: 3,796 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #19
    halliedog wrote:
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



    Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



    Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?


    How is that **** you? They have certain manufacturers that are excluded from promotions, almost all retailers do. It’s listed right on coupons that manufacturer and brand restrictions apply.



    Call and ask if it’s excluded.




    It was "**** me" because Sun Mountain wasn't listed on the list of exclusions, so I went in with good faith and didn't get the $50 off $200. I would call and ask if anyone would answer the phone...



    I'm just trying to find out if can go in tomorrow and pick up a ClickGear at regular price and use the $50 off $200, or if that's on the excluded list now also.



    Thanks for your input though!




    Let’s see if I can muster up an intelligent answer image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />



    If it wasn’t listed on the list of exclusions on the coupon, the coupon didn’t say “see dicks/gg.com for a full list of exclusions” (they often say this in emails and on email to print coupons), and the coupon that you were using was for the store...a manager should have been able to override if you were polite and showed that it wasn’t excluded. The details above clearly state that Sun Mountain is excluded.



    I’ve never had issues calling a store directly, try different stores, they will all have the same policy.



    If it wasn’t ringing up properly, there are ways to resolve it. They aren’t out to get you and didn’t do something to screw you.



    Did you end up getting your discount on the cart?
    Posted:
  • halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #20
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



    Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



    Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?


    How is that **** you? They have certain manufacturers that are excluded from promotions, almost all retailers do. It’s listed right on coupons that manufacturer and brand restrictions apply.



    Call and ask if it’s excluded.




    It was "**** me" because Sun Mountain wasn't listed on the list of exclusions, so I went in with good faith and didn't get the $50 off $200. I would call and ask if anyone would answer the phone...



    I'm just trying to find out if can go in tomorrow and pick up a ClickGear at regular price and use the $50 off $200, or if that's on the excluded list now also.



    Thanks for your input though!




    Let’s see if I can muster up an intelligent answer image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />



    If it wasn’t listed on the list of exclusions on the coupon, the coupon didn’t say “see dicks/gg.com for a full list of exclusions” (they often say this in emails and on email to print coupons), and the coupon that you were using was for the store...a manager should have been able to override if you were polite and showed that it wasn’t excluded. The details above clearly state that Sun Mountain is excluded.



    I’ve never had issues calling a store directly, try different stores, they will all have the same policy.



    If it wasn’t ringing up properly, there are ways to resolve it. They aren’t out to get you and didn’t do something to screw you.



    Did you end up getting your discount on the cart?




    No, I re-read and discovered the offer was good for $20 off $125 or $50 off $250. Since the cart sells for $230 would need to add something else in order to get the discount, and not sure I'm that sold on it, so going to do some more research and see what reviews are like for some of the other carts they have available. May just end up buying on eBay or Amazon as I imagine I could get something that ended up the same cost in the end. If I do end up going with this I guess I can always use a glove or hat or something to bump it up over $250.



    I appreciate everyone's help/advice though, and apologize if I offended anyone with earlier comments.
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • wundejwundej  3796WRX Points: 145ClubWRX Posts: 3,796 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #21
    halliedog wrote:
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    wundej wrote:

    halliedog wrote:
    Do they accept $50 off $250 coupons at Dicks if its a GG coupon, or accept Dicks coupons at GG?



    Looking to pick up a ClickGear push cart in the morning, and want to walk out with the savings. They screwed me on this deal once before when I bought a C130 cart bag for $239, then added something else to get me over the $250 limit, then at the register told me Sun Mountain was excluded.



    Are the coupons "interchangeable", and is ClickGear excluded?


    How is that **** you? They have certain manufacturers that are excluded from promotions, almost all retailers do. It’s listed right on coupons that manufacturer and brand restrictions apply.



    Call and ask if it’s excluded.




    It was "**** me" because Sun Mountain wasn't listed on the list of exclusions, so I went in with good faith and didn't get the $50 off $200. I would call and ask if anyone would answer the phone...



    I'm just trying to find out if can go in tomorrow and pick up a ClickGear at regular price and use the $50 off $200, or if that's on the excluded list now also.



    Thanks for your input though!




    Let’s see if I can muster up an intelligent answer image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />



    If it wasn’t listed on the list of exclusions on the coupon, the coupon didn’t say “see dicks/gg.com for a full list of exclusions” (they often say this in emails and on email to print coupons), and the coupon that you were using was for the store...a manager should have been able to override if you were polite and showed that it wasn’t excluded. The details above clearly state that Sun Mountain is excluded.



    I’ve never had issues calling a store directly, try different stores, they will all have the same policy.



    If it wasn’t ringing up properly, there are ways to resolve it. They aren’t out to get you and didn’t do something to screw you.



    Did you end up getting your discount on the cart?




    No, I re-read and discovered the offer was good for $20 off $125 or $50 off $250. Since the cart sells for $230 would need to add something else in order to get the discount, and not sure I'm that sold on it, so going to do some more research and see what reviews are like for some of the other carts they have available. May just end up buying on eBay or Amazon as I imagine I could get something that ended up the same cost in the end. If I do end up going with this I guess I can always use a glove or hat or something to bump it up over $250.



    I appreciate everyone's help/advice though, and apologize if I offended anyone with earlier comments.


    Which Clicgear are you looking at?

    I’ve had the 2.0 and 3.5. I’ve had other bagboys in the past. CG are very nice. Good accessories, very stable, well made. Not the smallest, but they are worth the $. If you aren’t in a hurry, they are included in some online retailers sales from time to time.
    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn  2740WRX Points: 627Members Posts: 2,740 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #22
    I use to have a bagboy quad that I got a deal on from Rock Bottom Golf when they were running a sale. I think I used it once and finally sold it when I realized I wasn’t gonna be walking much at all. It was a nice cart though.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Jason mJason m  291WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 291 Greens
    Joined:  #23
    Where are the 50 off $250 coupons? I have a buddy wanting to buy a few items there, i will pass him the code info if possible. Thanks in advance
    Posted:
  • halliedoghalliedog  2494WRX Points: 312Handicap: 5.2Members Posts: 2,494 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #24
    Jason m wrote:


    Where are the 50 off $250 coupons? I have a buddy wanting to buy a few items there, i will pass him the code info if possible. Thanks in advance




    It was on the back of a flyer I got in the mail. I'd give you mine, but I'm still on the fence. I'd like to have one, but as BiggErn, would likely only use it rarely, so still contemplating whether it would be worth it?
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Mizuno GT/ST-180 Dr w/ EvenFlow White 6.0 75
    Mizuno GT-180 3wd w/ Tensei CK White 75
    TM UDI 1, 3 w/ KBS C-Taper Lite S
    TM P770 4-PW w/ TT Tour Concept Satin
    TM Milled Grind 52* LB and 58* SB
    Odyssey O-Works 7S Tank
  • Jason mJason m  291WRX Points: 57Members Posts: 291 Greens
    Joined:  #25
    No worries, i guess my buddy is buying from another shop. Gg didnt have what he was after.
    Posted:
  • ApinkPanduhApinkPanduh  21WRX Points: 25Members Posts: 21 Bunkers
    Joined:  #26
    I worked for GG over the past summer and the prior summer and at our store they had changed the policy mid summer to not accept Dick’s coupons. When you scan a GG coupon discounts would be applied right away but Dick’s coupons were not even in the GG system so they were always a manual override. Your store might differ depending on management but general rule is that the coupons aren’t useable at the other store. As for exclusions it really depends on the product. Some are able to be overridden but some products can’t be discounted even by manager override because corporate puts a lock on that item. If it doesn’t say exactly in the coupon try and ask to see if a manager can override it. If not, there really is nothing the manager can do when they say so.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.