ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better. Link to full post HERE

Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Couldn't you use these as a golf shoe?

VA golferVA golfer Advanced Members Posts: 298 ✭✭
New Balance has a turf shoe in their baseball shoe lineup (Fresh Foam 3000v4) Turf with spikeless design for that looks like it would make a great golf shoe.

https://www.newbalance.com/pd/Fresh-Foam-3000v4-Turf/191902092924.html?Ecid=ds_gglrm_GDN_YouTube-Dynamic-Remarketing_59722792020_aud-517472147413&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5tHkqYf_4AIVzGXBCh2ckQpoEAEYASAEEgJA5vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#color=Black_with_White&size=15&width=D

Has anybody tried these as a golf shoe? What are your thoughts?

WITB
Titleist TS3 9.5 Diamana D+ 70 Stiff
TM SLDR 3HL 17* Set to 16* Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour Spec. 8.3 Stiff
Srixon U65 3 & 4 iron Miyazaki Kaula 7 Stiff
Srixon Z765 5-PW Accra 70i stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 52* Cleveland Grahite Wedge flex shaft
Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 56* Cleveland Grahite Wedge flex shaft
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 PM Grind 60* Accra Hybrex Wedge Shaft
Argolf Merlin putter
Vice Pro Neon Lime

Comments

• sdandreasdandrea Steve Advanced Members Posts: 2,316 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Since going spikeless and getting older, I put a premium on comfort. I don't swing hard enough to need spikes, so I play golf in shoes that provide the best walking support. That includes spikeless golf shoes, athletic shoes, and even Merrill hiking shoes. I prefer Skechers. Anything that has some grip and feels good works for me. The shoes you pictured look great for golf. I once forgot my shoes and ended up playing 18 in my boat shoes (loafers). Shot a great score, too.
    Callaway Fusion
    Pinhawk SL 5w
    TM Burner Superfast 4h
    TM Burner XD 6-SW
    Scotty Fastback
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,055 ✭✭
    Not bad but I wouldn’t want to try and clean them if you wore them in wet muddy conditions. They’d pick up everything.

I do like the black and dark blue and the black and purple.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • bobcat88bobcat88 Advanced Members Posts: 152 ✭✭
    As a baseball coach I can say that the biggest difference between golf shoes and these new balance turfs (which I have about 8 pairs of from over the years) is the weight of them. The baseball turfs also are normally not waterpoof either. Great for some work on the diamond, not sure I would enjoy them after walking 18.
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I couldn't. Just way too ugly.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • nicelifenicelife Members Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Any shoe can be a golf shoe.
  • bellkenbellken Advanced Members Posts: 764 ✭✭
    For a similar price, you could buy a pair of golf shoes. They should work fine, but, I don't see the point in spending that amount of money for non-golf shoes to play golf.