ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Rain in Orlando forecast

EgobblewobbleEgobblewobble Advanced Members Posts: 296 ✭✭
My brother and I have a trip to Orlando this coming Sunday. The chances of rain are pretty high every day except one. I have never gone to Florida in the spring but typically rain is only lasting a short period of time. I don’t mind playing in the rain if it’s just showers but I’m worried it will be a wash and might not be worth the trip. Anyone have any advice? Should we cancel and reschedule or just pack rain gear and hope the rain passes quickly
That dog'll hunt

Comments

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Advanced Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭

My brother and I have a trip to Orlando this coming Sunday. The chances of rain are pretty high every day except one. I have never gone to Florida in the spring but typically rain is only lasting a short period of time. I don’t mind playing in the rain if it’s just showers but I’m worried it will be a wash and might not be worth the trip. Anyone have any advice? Should we cancel and reschedule or just pack rain gear and hope the rain passes quickly

Hard to say until 24 hours prior and I can see the radar and where the storms are coming from.

Right now Sunday is clearing up and the 'storms' moved to Saturday. So there's a 60% chance it will rain SOMEWHERE in Orlando on Saturday, but not Sunday (as of now).

Tues/Wed look like rain as well.

Lately it's been storms during cold fronts entering our warm air, but its only at the leading edge of the front.

From the looks of the temperatures being forecast, it also looks like it will be a cold front coming down from the North so I expect it to be similar to that occurence.
    Long Live Nike
  • tjbluetjblue Advanced Members Posts: 181 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    How bad do you want to go would be my answer...along with the costs and availability of going later in the year. Only you can answer those questions. Had the same issues three weeks ago with a trip to Hilton Head. Only had one day of rain and it was a travel day anyway. Epic trip.

YMMV!
  • TM_HOYERTM_HOYER Advanced Members Posts: 2,206 ✭✭
    The impact of rain when it comes to golf is different if Florida than other parts of the country. The soil is sand based so it drains really well. I have been seen the 9th hole at BayHill be a lake late in the afternoon and the course was dry the next morning. Also I have been in a downpour in the northside of Ocala and 8 miles away on the southside there was not a drop of rain. Come down and enjoy yourself. Odds are you will get all of the rounds you have planned in.
    Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 driver w/ Tensei AX 65 Regular
    Callaway Epic 3+ wood w/ Fujikura Pro 72 Green Regular
    Callaway Epic 5 & 7wood w/ Fujikura Pro 62 Green Regular
    Callaway Apex 19 5 - AW irons w/ Project X Catalyst 60 Regular
    Callaway MD4 56 & 60 w/ Project X LZ 5.5
    Toulon Design Atlanta
    Callaway Chrome Soft
  • EgobblewobbleEgobblewobble Advanced Members Posts: 296 ✭✭
    Thanks for the help luckily the weather has changed slightly so the chance of rain is minimal. I can’t wait to leave the snow and get a few rounds in
    That dog'll hunt
  • ArniesArmy1234ArniesArmy1234 Advanced Members Posts: 83 ✭✭
    You’ll be good to go bud. It won’t rain for too long this time of year, could be cloudy but rain might cool it off which is a good thing. Enjoy your stay in Orlando
  • rufus manglerrufus mangler Advanced Members Posts: 1,655 ✭✭
    Unless there's a front or a hurricane, it very rarely rains all day here. Also, as others have said, most everything drains quickly.

Come on down. It's great time to be here.
    Titleist 915d2 8.5º
    Titleist 915f 16.5º
    Titleist 910h 21º
    Srixon Z745 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey, 52, 56, 60
    Odyssey WHP 7
    Srixon ZStar
    Hdcp 7