Should I Be Embarrassed?

2»

Comments

• brianmontgomery2000brianmontgomery2000 Members Posts: 759 ✭✭
    Nah, play what works and what you like the looks and feel of. Any closed looking face throws me for a loop, but there are others that an open face would do the same.

Older I get, the more I'm looking to please ME! image/derisive.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':derisive:' />
  • ian-500ian-500 Members Posts: 649 ✭✭
    Good comparison between the draw and standard Rogue.

Cobra F9 9* + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 7x.
    Callaway Rogue 19 Tour Issue + Tour AD IZ 8s.
    Adams Pro 23 Tour Issue + Tour AD UT95x
    Adams DHY Pro 27 + Irod 105x.
    Adams XTD Forged Tour Issue 6i - GW + Recoil Prototype 125F5.
    Adams XTD Forged SW/LW + KBS Hi-Rev x.
    SeeMore SB1, Accra FX300, Garsen.
  • SubaruWRXSubaruWRX Members Posts: 3,280 ✭✭
    Krt22 wrote:

We had one guy in our group get fit into SR shafts and tried to convince us it stood for stiff-regular. He might be right, but we still razz him for it every time lol

He was on the right track if it was Ping. Their SR flex is Soft-Regular.
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • AutomaticTwoDownAutomaticTwoDown Two down after two, time to get to work Posts: 431 ✭✭
    Don’t be silly. You shouldn’t be embarrassed for using a draw driver. We can’t play in the same foursome of course, but you shouldn’t be embarrassed.
  • ChipNRunChipNRun Members Posts: 1,170 ✭✭
    Adam C wrote:

Unless you are planning on dedicating 40 hr/week to your swing, chances are your fade tendencies are not going to change. They may lessen, but will still be there. Buy clubs for the golfer you are now, not the golfer you might be somewhere in the future.

If you tend to leave things to the right, go with a club that will correct for the persistent outcome.

I'm the other way. My current driver is set to 1 degree open with a low-torque shaft. I get a gentle draw rather than a hard-left miss. My new miss is a push into the first cut of rough, quite manageable. I now have maybe one ball OB every two rounds rather than twice a round.

With your draw driver enjoy the fairway!
    What's In The Bag *...

Driver: Calla XR16 Pro 10.5° (set open) / Fuji Evolution II TS Speeder 665 R-flex 63 gr.
    FWs: Tour Edge XRail 4W + 7W / GraphiteDesign G60 R-flex 60 gr.
    or Calla Alpha 815, set 16° + 20° / Fuji Motore Speeder 665 R-flex 62 gr.
    Hybrid: Cobra FlyZ 3H 19° + 4H 22° / Matrix VLCT Altus Lite flex 73 gr.
    Irons: Tour Edge CB Pro Tungsten 4i - PW** / KBS Tour 90 R-flex 95 gr. (As of 21 Nov 2018)
    Wedge: Calla MD3 48°/8.SS + 54°/12.WS +
    MD.PM 60°/10 / KBS Tour R-flex 110 gr. |
    Putter: Slotline Inertial SL-583F / 34" w. SuperStroke 2.0 MidSlim grip
    Bag: Sun Mountain Three 5 stand bag
    Ball: Calla SuperSoft
    * Either 7W or 3H left out, depending on course.
    ** Wedges: 46°and 48°are competing for bag space.
  • T.B.T.B. Members Posts: 133 ✭✭
    Who cares what your playing. Golf equipment are just tools to do a job. If it takes your friends cash $$$ then definitely play it
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,422 ✭✭
    I think that you should be embarrassed. I know that I would be... image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> image/laugh.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />
    Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
    Rossa Tourismo 3 counterbalanced 37"
  • Higgs66Higgs66 Members Posts: 43 ✭✭
    YES.. image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' />
  • ryborybo Members Posts: 2,215 ✭✭
    Never seen a scorecard where you had to list the clubs used. The only thing that matters is the score.

Fred Couples played, **** he may still play, a square headed fairway wood.
  • 62@Oakmont[email protected] Members Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited Mar 16, 2019 9:20am #41
    Dear “avidshotmaker”,

We at GolfWRX regret to inform you that your membership privileges are revoked effective immediately. This decision is due to violations of terms and conditions, specifically the following:

Rule 2b-1.3: All GolfWRX members are required to play with equipment that meets the following specifications- Sub-440 cc drivers which must have less than 8.5* loft and be unbelievably low spin and fade biased only; absolutely zero offset bladed irons (blades baby!); and rebar stiff X-stiff low launch/low spin shafts only. All GolfWRX members are also required to carry a 2 iron.

Rule 2b- 1.5a (violations of Rule 2b-1.3): any “golfers” exhibiting any of the following are PROHIBITED from GolfWRX:

* swing speeds of less than 120+ mph

*any piece of equipment considered to be “high launch” or “draw biased”

*driver loft of 8.5* or higher

*any iron that has any offset whatsoever (ewwww offset)

*any piece of equipment that is not fade biased (because everyone knows a true GolfWRXer fights a hook)

*any strong lofted iron- only traditional weak lofted irons sets with a PW loft of 48* or more are allowed.

*cavity-backed, non-forged, or any “game improvement” iron (LOL-chops!)

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

P.S.- please stay off the course in front of us as we like to walk 18 holes in 2:45 or less.

Sincerely,

GolfWRX

Play what works for you.
    Ping G400 9* Tour 65
    Callaway XR 4w Diamana BB 70
    Callaway Steelhead 3h Tensei Pro Blue 80
    Ping i500 6-U, G700 4-5 Nippon Modus3 105
    Ping Glide SS 54* & ES 58* AWT 2.0
    Ping Sigma G Wolverine T
    Srixon Q-Star Tour
  • Radeon962Radeon962 ClubWRX Posts: 1,912 ClubWRX
    I have not carried a 3 iron or 4 iron for over 15 years and have a 7w and 9w my bag in their place.

Took a lot of abuse over the years but it helps my game so who cares what others think.

Play what works for your swing.
  • JCAGJCAG John Curry Members Posts: 2,057 ClubWRX
    ppl4golf wrote:

I don't think his fundamental question - whether the club will eventually overcorrect things - is of no merit.

However, the answer is absolutely it won't make a **** difference after you fixed your fundamental flaw(s) leading to fade/slices (if there was any).

This almost always hold true...the more sound the swing, the more you are able to handle anything (any flex, weight, color, price range, etc, etc) as long as specs are close to standard.

There has always been a discussion of does one fit bto the swing or modify the swing? I say if one has been at the game for a long time, their swing is what it is. Fit to the swing. If a newbie, I say correct the swing.
  • ckayckay Members Posts: 3,871 ✭✭
    I don’t know about the rest of you but I couldn’t care less what golf clubs anyone I’ve played with has in their bags.

Stop being so self-conscious and enjoy the game.
    Taylormade M4 440 10* Tensei White Pro 60TX
    Taylormade M2 Tour 16.5* Atmos Blue 7x
    Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T. 2 KBS Hybrid Proto 85x
    Miura CB57 Nippon SPB X
    Vokey CF 52F/56M/60M S400 Onyx
    Cameron Cami & Co Newport Beach 34/350

WITB Link
  • sleezytsleezyt Members Posts: 366 ✭✭
    For what its worth im a scratch golfer who struggled with hooks and i was between drivers for a bit. I was playing a buddies ping g sft And hit it straighter than anything else because i was able to swing as hard out to the right as i wanted and the ball would track straight or a little draw. Never hooked it.
  • NDGolfer13NDGolfer13 Members Posts: 1,144 ✭✭

Play what works best for you and gives you the most enjoyment. We pay a lot for our equipment and rounds of golf arent cheap either. If results are what your after and the draw driver gives you the best results play it. If you find more enjoyment tinkering with clubs and changing them all the time....do it . No real right or wrong answer. Unless we are making our living swinging the club the scores really dont matter ....... unless they matter to you. .

Good luck and hit em straight.

TaylorMade M3 Tour Issue Speeder 569TR X
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Lowest Setting Tour AD BB 70X
    TM GAPR Hi 4/5 2 Degrees Strong KBS Prototype Hybrid Shafts 85S+
    Srixon Z765 5-P KBS TGI 95
    Fourteen MT28V5 Raw 50/54/58 Modus
    Evnroll ER9 10K

FOR NOW
  • TommyjTommyj Members Posts: 337 ✭✭
    edited Mar 27, 2019 12:24pm #47

Your swing, more often than not, reverts to its natural DNA. So don't kid yourself that you are suddenly, through some miracle, going to change your shot shape. Accept the benefits of a draw driver and enjoy the game. There are probably a decent percentage of golfers out there playing Ping LST drivers who would be a lot happier with an SFT but have let their ego get it the way of hitting better tee shots.

2»