ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Bobby Grace and HSM2 Insert - Opinions?

tgoodspe1991tgoodspe1991 Advanced Members Posts: 583 ✭✭
I've searched through the forums and read a few threads on this, most of which are pretty dated now. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a really nice looking slant neck Bobby Grace putter.

Before I do though, I'd like to see what y'all's thoughts are on these putters and the HSM2 inserts.
“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same
time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
- Arnold Palmer

Comments

• 03trdblack03trdblack ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 1,805 ClubWRX
    Rolls the ball amazingly well but is very soft. Pair it with a soft ball and you get next to no sound or feedback on putts. I had a little trouble with speed control because I couldn't hear the ball contact the face.
  • EgobblewobbleEgobblewobble Advanced Members Posts: 296
    I had one for a few days because i liked the idea of the insert technology. Like mentioned above it’s incredibly soft and that’s why I didn’t keep it around. The one I had I was told was the “tour firm” insert and I still couldn’t feel the ball at all. If you like really soft putters and use a hard ball it definitely puts a great roll on the ball but just was way too soft for my liking
    That dog'll hunt
  • bsb70x7bsb70x7 bsb70x7 Advanced Members Posts: 292 ✭✭
    I have 6 Bobby Grace putters (all different configurations) -- so that should tell you my thoughts. You will like the roll of the ball for sure off the insert. Great customer service too. He has several inserts you can choose from, including an aluminum insert. I like the tour firm personally.
  • BigEx44BigEx44 Advanced Members Posts: 244
    I too love my Bobby Grace Putter and the insert!