ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

TaylorMade TP5 Pix, Myth or Fact?

flushemflushem Advanced Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭
edited March 13 in Golf Balls
neon yellow balls

then matte finish bright balls led by Volvik Vivid

Now TM TP5 Pix.

Wonder Myth or Fact

According to the company, the design for the ball was created while working with partners at Indiana University who found that the human eye processes lighter colors more efficiently when it’s darker and darker colors when it’s lighter, leading to the two-color pattern of the TP5 Pix as opposed to the typical single color design seen in most golf balls.

The TP5 Pix features two colors within one shape enhancing visibility at all times. The larger contrast graphics of the TP5 Pix aims to allow golfers to see how much overall spin and side spin is generated around the green, with the 12 evenly-spaced images providing feedback immediately on the spin being produced on shots around the green.

Speaking on the TP5 Pix, Mike Fox, Category Director, Golf Balls, said

“White, round and sits on the ground is no longer the norm for golf balls. Visual technology has given us the opportunity to not only change the appearance of the golf ball but also allows players to see immediate feedback where spin matters most – on and around the greens.”
WWG1 WGA

Comments

• Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Advanced Members Posts: 7,024 ✭✭
    Honestly the #1 reason why I'd want a Hi Vis ball is to track the flight off the tee into white clouds, not to find it in the rough (although that's nice, too).

I wish I could get deep red or orange in tour caliber balls as this Pix tech isn't going to help (at least I don't think) make the mostly white ball visible flying in the same frame as clouds.
    WITB
    LTD Pro Kiyoshi White 65X
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Apex Pro Smoke incoming!!
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
  • flushemflushem Advanced Members Posts: 1,368 ✭✭
    edited March 13
    the Highest visible ball for me is matte finished red. Whether in air or ground, I could not miss it. My buddy called it illegit

I wonder TP5 Pix will beat that.
    WWG1 WGA
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Advanced Members Posts: 7,024 ✭✭
    Well, that makes sense because red is on the opposite side of the color wheel from green. Something like a yellow ball is probably the worst color when it comes to finding a ball in the grass, although it's fairly easy to track the flight. Red is still probably better though as it's also opposite from blue (orange I believe is the highest contrast to blue, hence, OJ life preservers, etc) and still IMO the best color for Hi Vis balls.
    WITB
    LTD Pro Kiyoshi White 65X
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    Apex Pro Smoke incoming!!
    Stealth 2.0 50/10SS
    Stealth 2.0 54/12SS
    Stealth 2.0 58/10SS
    TP Black Copper Juno
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag
  • BiggErnBiggErn Advanced Members Posts: 1,984 ✭✭
    I may give it a go when they come out with other colors and designs.
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Advanced Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭
    They will be hot sellers. I think the golfers are done with the honeymoon phase of bright / patterned golf balls. They are still selling steadily it seems and there is sure to be more of a following given Titleist and their Prov1 drinking the coolade. It only makes sense for TM to follow suit or make something their own offering with a twist.

I’ll try them. I already think it’s the best ball on the market (minus Nike RZN TOUR black in volt finish) but this is a bonus.
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner Advanced Members Posts: 879 ✭✭
    x, too ??
  • jjmurryjjmurry Members Posts: 47 ✭✭
    jwb10 wrote:

x, too ??

Nope no X for now, unfortunately. Shameful as it's the best ball TM makes imo
    TS 3 - 8.5* GD AD IZ 7X
    TS2 - 15* EvenFlow T1100 75S
    Cobra F9 Speedback 4i - 18.5* AD IZ 95X Hybrid shaft
    JPX 900 Tour PW-4i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60*
    Ping Anser 2
    TP5X
  • joker2joker2 Advanced Members Posts: 378 ✭✭
    Interesting they put an "x" on the non-X ball.

From a different point of view, they have a "non" on the X ball already.
    Just say'in...
  • macedanmacedan Advanced Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Didn’t see it on here, but Rickie Fowler posted a TP5PIX video on Instagram with Taylormade confirming a release date of 03/22
    Ping G400 10*
    Mizuno ST180 3W 15*
    Taylormade Aeroburner 5W 18*
    Taylormade Rescue 11 21*
    Taylormade Rocketbladez (5-PW)
    Cleveland CBX 50/11
    Titleist Vokey SM5 54/10
    Cleveland RTX-3 58/9
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black
    Taylormade RBZ Urethane | Project A
    Bag: Taylormade Flextech Lite Black/Green
  • MaximilianMaximilian Advanced Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭
    I think the standard white and red Truvis balls are kind of fun, but from a visual perspective I actually have a slightly more difficult time seeing them from a distance compared to a white ball.

I’m sure these new Taylormade balls are more visible, but they’re just so ugly to me. I’ll happily play one if I find one, but I don’t really want to spend money on them.
  • Arlin964Arlin964 Members Posts: 60 ✭✭
    Maximilian wrote:

I think the standard white and red Truvis balls are kind of fun, but from a visual perspective I actually have a slightly more difficult time seeing them from a distance compared to a white ball.

I’m sure these new Taylormade balls are more visible, but they’re just so ugly to me. I’ll happily play one if I find one, but I don’t really want to spend money on them.

Agreed. I played the red and white Tru Vis this weekend and I had to be right on top of the ball before I knew for sure it was a ball. Maybe some of the other color schemes would be better, like the black on yellow.
    TaylorMade R1 10.5*
    Ping Anser 3w
    Callaway Rogue X - 3h, 4h, 5h
    Nickent 6DX - 6-PW
    Wilson Staff PMP 50*
    Cleveland CBX 56*
    Odyssey #7s O-Works