ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Driver Shaft Help

lsufoosheelsufooshee Members Posts: 40
Hey guys. I went to Club Champion yesterday for a driver fitting. I currently play a stock TM M1 with a stiff shaft. I just bought it off the rack several years ago. I went through the shaft fitting process and the optimal shaft for me was the Fuji Speeder TR 569 Stiff. I went through several different heads and nothing was much better than the M1, even though I WANT to buy a new driver. I might consider a new M6 with the specified shaft. Unfortunately, I can't find any available, other than paying Club Champion to build it for me. First off, their shaft prices are much higher than what I can find online. Is there any merit to their "pureing" process?

What shafts are comparable to this one? Are there any other retailers that will build an M6 with a custom shaft? I just can't see paying $500 for a club head only and then paying $400+ for a shaft. Are any of the TM upgrade shafts similar to this one?

Thanks in advance.

Are there any other retailers that will build an M6 with a custom shaft?

Comments

• stachoajstachoaj Advanced Members Posts: 285 ✭✭
    Since nothing was much better than your M1 head, I would keep it and buy the Speeder shaft. Have CC do the install and Pure it (whether that is actually worth it or not is a completely other forum topic). It would be about the same cost of a new driver.
  • Adam CAdam C Advanced Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    PUREing is not worth it. Don't do it. When you buy an aftermarket shaft like these, what you are paying for is the consistency that comes from the manufacturing process and the high tech composite fibers. This makes PUREing completely unnecessary.

Honestly the shaft that comes closest to the Fuji offered in TM is that stock Atmos Orange off the rack. TM does not have many aftermarket options in that 50g weight which is what you want if comparing to the Speeder 569. The Atmos may launch a bit higher if that's a concern. There are lots of other 50g aftermarket shafts out there that you should be able to pick up for $100-$200. You just need to have the install work done.
  • Hambone1Hambone1 Advanced Members Posts: 901 ✭✭
    Adam C wrote:

PUREing is not worth it. Don't do it. When you buy an aftermarket shaft like these, what you are paying for is the consistency that comes from the manufacturing process and the high tech composite fibers. This makes PUREing completely unnecessary.

Honestly the shaft that comes closest to the Fuji offered in TM is that stock Atmos Orange off the rack. TM does not have many aftermarket options in that 50g weight which is what you want if comparing to the Speeder 569. The Atmos may launch a bit higher if that's a concern. There are lots of other 50g aftermarket shafts out there that you should be able to pick up for $100-$200. You just need to have the install work done.

The stock Atmos Orange is nowhere close to a Speeder TR.
    14 clubs
  • Stuart G.Stuart G. Members, Advanced Members Posts: 22,640 ✭✭
    lsufooshee wrote:

Is there any merit to their "pureing" process?

That's a BIG can of worms you're opening with that question. Lots of opinions, very little data, but a much higher percentage of people (including me:-) think it's more a waste of money than useful in any way.

And BTW, it's not really "their" process. Lots of sellers have access to the technology (even golfworks.com), most just don't push it's use as religiously as Club Champion does.