ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Scotty Cameron "TOUR CAMERON" Putter

scuba_steve31216scuba_steve31216 Members Posts: 2
Looking at Scotty's Instagram, I came across the attached picture (assuming it's Justin Thomas'). Does anyone know if Scotty stamped his tour putters with "TOUR CAMERON" for only certain players, and/or how old these putters with this stamp is?

Thanks for the input!

Comments

• leftygolfer15leftygolfer15 Advanced Members Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Probably J.T. Poston. Definitely not Justin Thomas. That’s an early 2000’s head roughly IIRC.
  • Bdmac79Bdmac79 Advanced Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    Yup - late 90s or early 2000s head.
    TS3/9.5/Diamana BF 60
    TS2/15/Diamana BF 70
    913H.d/18/Tour AD-DI 85
    MP-18 Fli Hi 3/Tour AD 95
    MP-18 4-PW/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 52.8F/PX LZ
    SM7 Raw 58.8M/PX LZ
    SC CT Tour NP2 Custom
    Pro V1
  • scuba_steve31216scuba_steve31216 Members Posts: 2
    Thanks for the input guys. Are those heads, with that stamping, more valuable/collectable than the newer Circle T's?
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Advanced Members Posts: 16,483 ✭✭

Thanks for the input guys. Are those heads, with that stamping, more valuable/collectable than the newer Circle T's?

Less
  • blairdblaird Advanced Members Posts: 2,151 ✭✭
    I would say less valuable as well. I remember seeing these sell for around $1K...if you look at it though it does have the CT on the toe and and what appears to be a stamped Newport II that the weight is now covering. I actually like these more so than the new ones bc of the simplicity.
  • tuckmantuckman Advanced Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭
    Less than the 009/timeless era, but those tungsten weights add considerable value in my opinion. I think this putter is worth just shy of a timeless.
    tuckman wrote:

Less than the 009/timeless era, but those tungsten weights add considerable value in my opinion. I think this putter is worth just shy of a timeless.

In my experience not a chance. I couldn’t sell one for $650 with tungsten weights in the sole in excellent condition. Was listed for 5 months. Even had Pittards leather grip on it.
    iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

In my experience not a chance. I couldn’t sell one for $650 with tungsten weights in the sole in excellent condition. Was listed for 5 months. Even had Pittards leather grip on it.

There is zero chance you had a blank sole tour newport like pictured above and couldn't get $650. Zero chance.
    edited March 14
    tuckman wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

There is zero chance you had a blank sole tour newport like pictured above and couldn't get $650. Zero chance.

That’s not a blank sole. And yes almost identical to above with a sight dot, but was midslant. Why would I lie? It eventually sold for more than $650 a year later but was available at $650 for 5 months with no takers. Also had trisole handstamped NP2 below with blank sole in carbon steel that went for less than $1,000.

xm5MpIK.jpg

Other putter was virtually identical except had weights in sole to make it 340g and engraved instead of hand stamped.
    iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

In my experience not a chance. I couldn't sell one for $650 with tungsten weights in the sole in excellent condition. Was listed for 5 months. Even had Pittards leather grip on it.

That's not a blank sole. And yes almost identical to above with a sight dot, but was midslant. Why would I lie? It eventually sold for more than $650 a year later but was available at $650 for 5 months with no takers. Also had trisole handstamped NP2 below with blank sole in carbon steel that went for less than $1,000.

xm5MpIK.jpg

Other putter was virtually identical except had weights in sole to make it 340g and engraved instead of hand stamped.

Most cameron guys would call that a blank sole. The pictured midslant went for market value in my opinion. Mid slants just don't bring the money that a newport and newport 2 would. Similar to how you can't give away a 320 gram mil spec, but a 350g will bring great money.

Granted that is nothing more than my opinion.
    tuckman wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

In my experience not a chance. I couldn't sell one for $650 with tungsten weights in the sole in excellent condition. Was listed for 5 months. Even had Pittards leather grip on it.

That's not a blank sole. And yes almost identical to above with a sight dot, but was midslant. Why would I lie? It eventually sold for more than $650 a year later but was available at $650 for 5 months with no takers. Also had trisole handstamped NP2 below with blank sole in carbon steel that went for less than $1,000.

xm5MpIK.jpg

Most cameron guys would call that a blank sole. The pictured midslant went for market value in my opinion. Mid slants just don't bring the money that a newport and newport 2 would. Similar to how you can't give away a 320 gram mil spec, but a 350g will bring great money.

Granted that is nothing more than my opinion.

Your nuts if you think a plumbers neck would make it go from under $1,000 to being worth around $3,000
  • BNGLBNGL Advanced Members Posts: 1,525
    iteachgolf wrote:
    tuckman wrote:

iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

That’s not a blank sole. And yes almost identical to above with a sight dot, but was midslant. Why would I lie? It eventually sold for more than $650 a year later but was available at $650 for 5 months with no takers. Also had trisole handstamped NP2 below with blank sole in carbon steel that went for less than $1,000.

xm5MpIK.jpg

You clearly don’t know what you’re talking about. First you say a tour player would still be good without a caddie and now you say you couldn’t sell a tour putter for 650?!? How dare you sir share your false experience and totally wrong knowledge

Hopefully the sarcasm comes across because it’s being laid on pretty thick.

That’s a sweet looking putter you had though. I’d have bought for 650 in a heartbeat

I never said 3k.

The putter in the original post would sale for 1500-2000 all day long on ebay (none tour player initials will hurt the value significantly), which is just shy of a timeless if you are patient and find a decent deal.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Advanced Members Posts: 24,220 ✭✭
    edited March 14
    iteachgolf wrote:

tuckman wrote:

Wish the **** id have seen it. Lol. It wouldn’t have lasted 5 min.

This one is odd in that it has tungsten added later and I’d bet a refinish to oilcan. Not too many Newport 2 oil cans. Fred funk played a long neck one that was oil can. A guy here owns it and I want it. Lol. He won’t selll.

Ps. How about pming me next time you want to unload one. Lol
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design AD DI 8X
    Ping i500 pre-production proto 3 iron Graphite Design AD DI 105X
    Ping i500 4-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged 50 54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot