How do YOU swing hard without tension?

2»

Comments

• ScottboxScottbox scottbox Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I really like these two variations on the above concept of "putting on the brakes":

• PorscheFanPorscheFan Members Posts: 1,155 ClubWRX
    Scottbox wrote:

I really like these two variations on the above concept of "putting on the brakes":

Yep, there are a bunch of takes out there on parametric acceleration (shoulder up) and decelerating the body into impact (kinematic sequence). Here they’re specifically using a ‘brakes’ analogy to explain energy transfer between body segments and into the club.

Chris Brook has some good videos on deceleration in terms of the mechanics presented, but they’re not as easy to watch. Peter knight made a more watchable one, focusing on hands-to-clubhead, as do Chris Ryan and Robyn Symes.

Where I think Chris Brook differs - and I think it’s important - is that this isn’t just about hands-to-clubhead, but rather happens in a sequence across body segments too... And in those cases the deceleration is actually caused by an acceleration in the next segment.

• Club has to be on plane more than anything—then you’re not fighting the forces, ie less tension. When I’m on plane and have a good tempo I feel like I can go at it as hard as I want. Also, being aligned and decisive with the shot I want to hit helps.
    M2 10.5 Tour; ATMOS Black Tour
    i25 3W; PWR75
    913h; Diamana Blue
    714 CB 3-P; KBS Tour
    sm6 52F, 58M; KBS Wedge S
    scotty del mar
    TP5x
  • jbw749jbw749 Members Posts: 1,126
    Eliminate expectations and swing harder.
  • GautamaGautama Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I just make sure I exploit the forces of gravity to the fullest - it swings the club as fast as needed.  :wink:

(i'm obviously kidding for anyone just joining this program)
    "I see the distorted swings, the hurried rounds, and now the electric carts tae ruin the course and rob us of our exercise...we have gone off the mark, gone after the wrong things, forgotten what it's all about"

-Dr. Julian Sands, Golf in the Kingdom
  • ChrisO72ChrisO72 Members Posts: 48 ✭✭
    Remember you are trying to make the club head go faster not the handle.
    WITB:
    Ping G400Max 9dg Tour 65S
    Ping G400 2h Tour 85S
    Titleist AP3 4-GW TT AMT White X100
    Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.08M, 58.08M
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • Nard_SNard_S Members Posts: 3,119 ✭✭
    Shoulder velocity.
  • Chowdah86Chowdah86 Members Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Use my legs and the ground to make as loud a swish through the ball as possible.   
2»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file