Ping G410 3W and 3 hybrid swing weight

Marco ColoMarco Colo Members Posts: 434 ✭✭
I have noticed that my 3w and 3 hybrid arrived D0 (everything super standard), while in ping.com it shows D1 for both.

Do you think there is a mistake in the card arrived with the clubs or maybe it is due to the tolerance? Not that this is highly important, just to know.

Comments

• TommyjTommyj Members Posts: 337 ✭✭
    edited Mar 14, 2019 2:53pm #2
    You're lucky you got D0, most of the clubs I get from Ping that are supposed to be D1 actually come in at C8.5-C9.0. Tolerance of +/- 1 is fine, most people can't feel the difference anyways. If I custom order from Ping I aways specify at least one SW point higher than what I really want, they're always light, never heavier.

Also, the SW on their website is for S-flex, R will always come in around a point lighter.
  • Marco ColoMarco Colo Members Posts: 434 ✭✭
    Thanks Tommy, that explains the difference, in fact my shaft is R. Oddly enough the Driver is D3 as indicated in the site
  • nfmotonfmoto Members Posts: 165 ✭✭
    Tommyj wrote:

You're lucky you got D0, most of the clubs I get from Ping that are supposed to be D1 actually come in at C8.5-C9.0. Tolerance of +/- 1 is fine, most people can't feel the difference anyways. If I custom order from Ping I aways specify at least one SW point higher than what I really want, they're always light, never heavier.

Also, the SW on their website is for S-flex, R will always come in around a point lighter.

What grips do you order? Ping measures swingweight with a 50 gram grip. If you get heavier/different grips you are just fooling the scale.
  • hd.softailhd.softail Members Posts: 465 ✭✭
    If they are new I would bring them back to where you purchased. Even though their tolerance is +/- 1 swt, if you ask, they will send it back to PING and put a heavier weight **** in. If you do it now, PING might not charge. If they do because it's just a weight **** change I don't think it would be a significant charge.

The new G410 irons are a different story, for SWT changes on those if big enough, I'm guessing they have to pull the shaft to match the hosel weight to the toe weight. Great concept for MOI, not so much for adjusting SWT after the fact.
    nfmoto wrote:

Tommyj wrote:

What grips do you order? Ping measures swingweight with a 50 gram grip. If you get heavier/different grips you are just fooling the scale.

Standard grip, standard size, one wrap
    hd.softail wrote:

If they are new I would bring them back to where you purchased. Even though their tolerance is +/- 1 swt, if you ask, they will send it back to PING and put a heavier weight **** in. If you do it now, PING might not charge. If they do because it's just a weight **** change I don't think it would be a significant charge.

The new G410 irons are a different story, for SWT changes on those if big enough, I'm guessing they have to pull the shaft to match the hosel weight to the toe weight. Great concept for MOI, not so much for adjusting SWT after the fact.

I don’t really need it, but thanks for the suggestion.

Actually, I never ever hit the hybrid so good and far ��

• TommyjTommyj Members Posts: 337 ✭✭
    edited Mar 15, 2019 7:16am #8
    hd.softail wrote:

Ping would never change the weight if it is off by just 1 point, I don't think you could even get a retailer to sent it back to them. If you go directly to Ping they will politely explain to you their process for measuring SW and that your club is to spec. Likely they would change the weight if you insist on it, but probably charge you for it. I've had Ping custom orders off by 2 points and have been told that my SW measurement isn't accurate. BTW, the +/- 1 isn't Ping's tolerance, that was my comment on what I find acceptable.

I'm pretty sure that Ping wouldn't use hosel weights to offset a heavier toe **** in the G410 irons. If you want to increase SW by 2 points the **** needs to be 4 g. heavier. I don't think that would introduce a fade bias on a 270 g head (7 iron weight).
    Tommyj wrote:

hd.softail wrote:

Ping would never change the weight if it is off by just 1 point, I don't think you could even get a retailer to sent it back to them. If you go directly to Ping they will politely explain to you their process for measuring SW and that your club is to spec. Likely they would change the weight if you insist on it, but probably charge you for it. I've had Ping custom orders off by 2 points and have been told that my SW measurement isn't accurate. BTW, the +/- 1 isn't Ping's tolerance, that was my comment on what I find acceptable.

I'm pretty sure that Ping wouldn't use hosel weights to offset a heavier toe **** in the G410 irons. If you want to increase SW by 2 points the **** needs to be 4 g. heavier. I don't think that would introduce a fade bias on a 270 g head (7 iron weight).

I wouldn't do it and I am sure that I wouldn't even understand the difference.

By the way, the irons are spot on, it just affects 3W and 3 hybrid and really don't care. It was just a question to understand if this is normal or it was an exception.

Thanks to all of you for the contribution guys