ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New Tommy Armour Atomic Driver

Luke'sdadLuke'sdad Lukes's dadAdvanced Members Posts: 100
Just saw these yesterday w/new TA irons at local Golf Galaxy. Not nearly as colorful as previous model driver, fairways, hybrids & irons. Hit it in the sim. Driver felt good, decent numbers like most new offerings. $399 price tag might deter more than a few prospective buyers though. Has all the bells & whistles, ie adjustable head, composite top, DAK titanium face, weights, etc. No pics, sorry as I left my cell in the truck. But the pics are up on Galaxy & Dicks site if interested.

Comments

• LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 1,967 ✭✭
    I have the TA1 with Hzrdus Yellow. It's a very good driver. As good as any of the non low spin. I swap between it and Epic Sz.

I had a G400 Max and prefer the TA1.
    PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
    Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
    Srixon U65 4, Modus 105s
    Srixon Z785 5-PW Modus 120s
    Edel DVR 50, s200
    SM7 54F / 58K
    SC Studio Style Newport 2
  • JohnKHawkJohnKHawk Advanced Members Posts: 704 ✭✭
    I'm sure it will be $199 by the end of the golf season. The TA1 was actually a good driver. Picked it up for cheap & got a free hybrid late last year. Doesn't really lag far behind the big brands.
  • GolfProTJGolfProTJ Advanced Members Posts: 686
    LaymanM wrote:
    I have the TA1 with Hzrdus Yellow. It's a very good driver. As good as any of the non low spin. I swap between it and Epic Sz.

That will be as good or better than any driver on forgiveness than Ping’s of ‘18. TA1-ways a smoke show but the TA-Atomic will

in the Top Ten of the year
  • erock9174erock9174 North Canton, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 3,923 ✭✭
    edited March 15
    In the **** testing they had the Atomic at 7th best in ball speed out of 24 drivers tested.

e3da8656b9dc4621824fe59ce290b4fc.jpg

Driver: Ping Rhapsody 16*
    FW: Ping G400 SFT 5w
    Hybrids: Exotics XRail 23*/26*
    Irons: Ping G700 6-UW
    Wedges: Ping Glide Stealth 2.0 56*/60* - Callaway Sure Out 64*
    Putter: Ping Sigma G Tyne H

• DavidvDavidv Advanced Members Posts: 658 ✭✭
    GolfProTJ wrote:

LaymanM wrote:

That will be as good or better than any driver on forgiveness than Ping’s of ‘18. TA1-ways a smoke show but the TA-Atomic will

in the Top Ten of the year

If they only rate 10 manufacturers and TA is one of the 10 otherwise in all reality the Atomic will be a marketing/consumer bomb.
  • GhostwedgeGhostwedge Advanced Members Posts: 640 ✭✭
    Two things....

We need to redifine the words “smoke show” then, i’m thinking super models not TA drivers.

And the numbers might say it’s a great driver but thousands more think the Ping 400Max is slightly more forgiving by a lot.
  • gators78gators78 ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 3,901 ClubWRX
    Read the rest of the article on MSG about the construction of the TA woods, sounds pretty legit.
    G400 Max
    M2 3W, Hybrid
    i210s
    SM7s
    Sigma 2, Tyne 4
  • LaymanMLaymanM Cincinnati, OHAdvanced Members Posts: 1,967 ✭✭
    Ghostwedge wrote:

Two things....

We need to redifine the words “smoke show” then, i’m thinking super models not TA drivers.

And the numbers might say it’s a great driver but thousands more think the Ping 400Max is slightly more forgiving by a lot.

Perception and reality are usually far apart. I've owned both and TA1 is longer and as forgiving.
    PING G400 Max 9*, Adidla Rogue Max 75x
    Callaway 815 Alpha 3W and 5W Speeder 665 stiff
    Srixon U65 4, Modus 105s
    Srixon Z785 5-PW Modus 120s
    Edel DVR 50, s200
    SM7 54F / 58K
    SC Studio Style Newport 2
  • the bishopthe bishop Advanced Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭
    I hit both the Atomic driver and 3W in a bay at GG while having some grips done. I was pleasantly surprised by the sound and feel of both which I thought were great. Aesthetically I'd say they are an acquired taste. I think I was most surprised by the 3W. Compact shape and face height a perfect mid height and great feel. I also hit a Cobra F9 3W and thought it felt dead. Hit a Rogue 3W also and while I liked the feel thought the Atomic felt better. Launch monitor wasn't on so didn't get numbers but I don't like LM's indoors anyway.
    W/S FG Tour F5 10.5* - Fubuki z50 - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 15* - Fubuki z65 - S
    W/S FG Tour F5 20*/23* - Fubuki z80 - S
    W/S FG Tour Forged 5-P - DGS300
    W/S PMP Raw 52/56/60 - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    TM Spider X
  • shredNECTARshredNECTAR Members Posts: 94 ✭✭
    Hit it pretty well on sim. Just won’t knock 917d out of the bag