ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Callaway adapter question

PunkGolfWRXPunkGolfWRX Advanced Members Posts: 103
Sorry if this is really dumb but I need to be 100% sure!

If I switched the alignment line (graphics down) to the opposite side so graphics face up, how will this affect adapter settings?

I know a LH adapter works differently in a RH head but this isn’t the same... right?!

Thanks
DR: Callaway XR Sub Zero 9.5° - Project X HZRDUS Yellow Hand Crafted 6.0
FW: TaylorMade M3 15° - Mitsubishi Tensei CX Blue 65 S
HY: Adams XTD Ti 18° - Mitsubishi Tensei CX Pro Blue 80HY S
2i: TaylorMade P790 UDI - Project X HZRDUS Black 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Apex CF16 Black - UST Mamiya Recoil ES 780 F4 (Black)
GW: Callaway Mack Daddy 4 Matte Black 50°/10° S Grind - UST Mamiya Recoil 110 F4
SW: Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 54°/14° - Project X Catalyst 6.0
LW: Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 60°/12° - Project X Catalyst 6.0
P: Scotty Cameron H18 Squareback 34”
B: Titleist Pro V1x

Comments

• Stuart G.Stuart G. Members, Advanced Members Posts: 22,641 ✭✭
    edited March 15
    Only done some quick measurements but looks very much like shaft orientation doesn't matter at all. It's only how the cog setting are aligned with the head that determine the adjustment settings. The line on the adapter is just a reference point to keep the grip orientation from changing.
  • jimbjimb Advanced Members Posts: 1,740 ✭✭
    The cool thing about the OptiFit adapter is the shaft orientation and grip orientation at address will remain the same regardless of the setting changes.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,036 ✭✭
    Confirm previous posts. The Callaway adapter should be used by every manufacturer because it is clearly the best on the market. The cog position is the only thing that matters.

Callaway apparently won’t license it or the other companies won’t pay for it if they did. Too bad. I love the Callaway optifit but I don’t love their drivers.

It would be a dream if every company used the same one. Totally interchangeable shafts in all heads. Too beautiful to contemplate.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag