ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Lots of toe hang, too risky?

Life on 14Life on 14 Members Posts: 16
Don’t feel like my stroke fits a toe hang like this but **** they just look right when I set up. Find myself opening the stance a bit and seeing the line better. Am I just being nostalgic wanting to go old school after seeing so much Arnold Palmer footage last week?

327-DCA42-AB47-4584-BC52-15-C3-E97-FD0-D5.jpg

online dice rollers

Comments

• tokeybtokeyb Gonna get better ClubWRX Charter Members Posts: 347
    Open stance is good, if it helps you see the line! And these are beauties. What the ****, man, life is short.
    Mizuno JPX 10.5*
    Mizuno ST180 3w 15*
    TM Burner Rescue 5 (24*)
    Titleist 710cb (4-9)
    Scratch 8820 (47*, 53*, 56*)
    Odyssey White Hot Rx 9, Tour Snsr 140cc
    Project(a)

**Right at single digits - gonna get better**
    (9.3 at end of 2018!)
  • Life on 14Life on 14 Members Posts: 16
    tokeyb wrote:

Open stance is good, if it helps you see the line! And these are beauties. What the ****, man, life is short.
    right? and if it does not work out just keep buying putters. The wife loves that strategy
  • Krosch3Krosch3 Members Posts: 17 ✭✭
    I have a fairly straight back stroke when standing a bit more upright upright but never feel super comfortable. I picked up a similar design, a tour edge exotics 4.1. It is shorter at 33 and flatter lie and allows my hands to be lower towards my body which I like. This causes me to have a more arching stroke naturally. It has been great so far. It seems for me that comfort is huge with my putting. Those putters you posted look spectacular btw.
    Krosch3 wrote:

I have a fairly straight back stroke when standing a bit more upright upright but never feel super comfortable. I picked up a similar design, a tour edge exotics 4.1. It is shorter at 33 and flatter lie and allows my hands to be lower towards my body which I like. This causes me to have a more arching stroke naturally. It has been great so far. It seems for me that comfort is huge with my putting. Those putters you posted look spectacular btw.

Randomly popped up on Instagram, they have some nice stuff. This could get expensive
  • MaximilianMaximilian Advanced Members Posts: 1,299 ✭✭
    You could always get a cheaper, used heel shafted putter to try out before buying a "nice" one. I have a few that I enjoy using from time to time, but I know they are not the most consistent for me. I still make a few putts with them though.
  • kmay__kmay__ Advanced Members Posts: 196 ✭✭
    Lets use the classic equation here (N+1) , N being the number of putters you currently own.
    TM 17' M2 9.5*
    Cobra Bio-Cell 16.5*
    PING G30 4 22*
    TM R11 5 - PW
    Mizuno MP-T5 50*, 54*
    Callaway PM Grind 60* (the greasy Phil)
    SC studio select Newport 2 mid-slant
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Advanced Members Posts: 3,891 ✭✭
    kmay__ wrote:

Lets use the classic equation here (N+1) , N being the number of putters you currently own.

There is always room for one more.
    kmay__ wrote:

I used to be a degenerate putter guy but purged a ton of them after my second kid was born. Just 2 now and none like this. I like the odyssey 9 also, just having a hard time finding the right one without an insert if possible
  • Rory McilwoodsRory Mcilwoods Advanced Members Posts: 182
    get fitted. Get a putter that suits your swing, not then other was around.
  • rufus manglerrufus mangler Advanced Members Posts: 1,654 ✭✭
    edited March 16
    or... you could just open your stance with any putter. It works with them all.

Not much fun though. That middle one is calling my name.
    Titleist 915d2 8.5º
    Titleist 915f 16.5º
    Titleist 910h 21º
    Srixon Z745 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey, 52, 56, 60
    Odyssey WHP 7
    Srixon ZStar
    Hdcp 7
  • manfrey4611manfrey4611 Members Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Maximilian wrote:
    You could always get a cheaper, used heel shafted putter to try out before buying a "nice" one. I have a few that I enjoy using from time to time, but I know they are not the most consistent for me. I still make a few putts with them though.
    I second this. Confidence is key for putting and if that design is what you like then test it out beforehand. If it turns out that you putt well then drop the money on a higher end model that you like.
  • haakzillahaakzilla Haakzilla Advanced Members Posts: 348 ✭✭
    Life on 14 wrote:

I like the odyssey 9 also, just having a hard time finding the right one without an insert if possible

Metal X-milled #9HT (regretted selling that one the moment it disappeared into a "strangers" trunk)
    DRIVER: Ping G400 LST 8.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70tx
    WOOD: Titleist 910Fd 15° Diamana D+ LTD 80x
    UTILITY: Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3i 19° Steelfiber i110
    IRONS: Srixon z945 4-PW Steelfiber i110
    WEDGES: Edel DVR 50°/54°/58° Steelfiber i125
    PUTTER(S): TP Mills Forged Huey / Bettinardi Queen B QB5 / Studio Select Squareback No.2