ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Similar shaft to px 6.0 flighted

Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Advanced Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
edited March 14 in WRX Club Techs
Like the topic says. Really liked them in my j36pc that I played for a while. Not getting along with s300 in my long irons and might consider reshafting my ap2s if I can find a set
Titleist 910D3 8.5
Titleist 917f2 15°
Titleist 816h2 19°
Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
Cleveland rtx3 54,58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6

Comments

• PaulBoyPaulBoy Advanced Members Posts: 946 ✭✭
    Hi ... Are the S300 shafts in your irons the standard version or the AMT? - If the standard I suggest you try the AMT's - I recently bought a set of JPX900 Tours with AMT S300 shafts & was pleasantly surprised how east the long irons were to hit - The long iron shafts are significantly lighter than the short iron shafts & I found it very easy to hit the 5 iron from tee or off the ground - My 900T's didn't come with a 4 iron, but I have since added one (with identical S300 AMT shaft) & likewise this is very easy to hit from tee & off the deck

Obviously if your clubs already have the AMT version this will be an (almost) pointless post, but if not, good luck ...

Paul
    [font=comic sans ms,cursive]Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW c/w S300 AMT
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* 54* 58*
    Titleist TS2 10.5* Driver c/w Project X T1100 EF 6.0
    Titleist 917 3 & 5 Woods c/w Mizuno TechFlex Stiff
    Titleist 816 19* Hybrid c/w Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Machine "M4 Meritage Converter" Putter[/font]
  • CwebbCwebb Advanced Members Posts: 5,847 ✭✭
    Try standard PX 5.5 or 6.0 soft-stepped
  • 11forgedblades11forgedblades Advanced Members Posts: 532
    edited March 15
    Long irons px 5.5 soft stepped x2. Mid irons px 5.5 soft stepped x1. Short irons px 5.5 straight in. Swing weight with tip weights
    COBRA BIO CELL+ (9.5*)-MATRIX 8Q3 STIFF
    TITLEIST 585H (21*)-TTDG S300
    COBRA FLY Z PRO (5-PW)-TTDG S300
    TAYLOR MADE TP Z (56*)-TTDG S300
    BETTINARDI BABY BEN -33"
  • Bobb3rdownBobb3rdown Advanced Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    PaulBoy wrote:

Hi ... Are the S300 shafts in your irons the standard version or the AMT? - If the standard I suggest you try the AMT's - I recently bought a set of JPX900 Tours with AMT S300 shafts & was pleasantly surprised how east the long irons were to hit - The long iron shafts are significantly lighter than the short iron shafts & I found it very easy to hit the 5 iron from tee or off the ground - My 900T's didn't come with a 4 iron, but I have since added one (with identical S300 AMT shaft) & likewise this is very easy to hit from tee & off the deck

Obviously if your clubs already have the AMT version this will be an (almost) pointless post, but if not, good luck ...

Paul
    they are amts already
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 917f2 15°
    Titleist 816h2 19°
    Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
    Cleveland rtx3 54,58
    Took my j36 with px flighted and my ap2 with s300 amt to the range and just hit the j36s so much better. Was a night and day difference. Also the j36 are so much softer feeling then the ap2. Think I'm gonna sell the ap2s and find a cleaner set of j36s.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 917f2 15°
    Titleist 816h2 19°
    Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
    Cleveland rtx3 54,58
    Anyone know how likely a shaft will break if they are pitting through the chrome? The pitting isn't huge. But fairly consistent throughout all the shafts.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 917f2 15°
    Titleist 816h2 19°
    Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
    Cleveland rtx3 54,58
  • Stephen1125Stephen1125 Advanced Members Posts: 409
    I play flighted 6.5s and just went to a demo day today. The flighted PXs are not made anymore. According to Mizuno the closest thing to that is the KBS C-taper lite. I hit the 115 x and it felt great. The PX is still a touch smoother but the C-taper lite 115 x is the closest thing I've ever hit to the PX 6.5 flighted.

They also make it in a 110 and 105 I believe
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX ClubWRX Charter Members, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,798 ClubWRX
    KBS Tour FLT
    Callaway Epic 9* - Diamana B+ 60X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 19* Hybrid - Diamana S+ 80X
    Callaway 13 X-Forged 4-PW - KBS $ Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Jenny Tour
    Snell MTB Black
  • Howard JonesHoward Jones Advanced Members Posts: 8,412 ✭✭
    edited March 16

Long irons px 5.5 soft stepped x2. Mid irons px 5.5 soft stepped x1. Short irons px 5.5 straight in. Swing weight with tip weights

We can mix blanks that way, but to make them "on slope" we sometimes need to REMOVE a shaft somewhere depending on flex, tip length and flight pattern we want, but your suggestion should be close to 6.0F as "over all" flex" but IMO with a "better" weight match who becomes ASCENDING in this case with LONG irons about 3 grams lighter than the short.

Im working with a EXCEL VBA APP where we can mix shaft blanks like this, and soft/hard step, plus as a final tune tool, tip trim or tip shim (even tapers), so we can get the specs we want....not done with that one yet, but its coming, i can see quite a few with interest to go full Custom...

Version 2 is out, but its #3 im working on where we can mix shafts like this.

http://www.golfwrx.c...-excel-vba-app/

Here is the interface on version 3 im still working on.

Each club from 3 to LW can use its own shaft blank (pull down menus), then we choose shaft #, and above we get to see how this shaft falls into place on flex and tip / butt section length. If we need to adjust tip length up or down, we use the spinners on the "tuner" until the numbers looks like we want them on all parameter, and then we just print the work specs to build it....not done yet, but its coming soon.

That's alot of info Howard. More than I can understand that's for sure lol. I did find a set of px flighted on Ebay. Also found another set of j36s. Gonna go with one of those. Probably the j36s since I really like the feel of the ones I have currently.
    Titleist 910D3 8.5
    Titleist 917f2 15°
    Titleist 816h2 19°
    Titleist Ap2 716 4-gw
    Cleveland rtx3 54,58
  • Howard JonesHoward Jones Advanced Members Posts: 8,412 ✭✭
    edited March 16
    Bobb3rdown wrote:

That's alot of info Howard. More than I can understand that's for sure lol. I did find a set of px flighted on Ebay. Also found another set of j36s. Gonna go with one of those. Probably the j36s since I really like the feel of the ones I have currently.

They can still be improved by modifying the set to 3/8 or "what ever" using that app:-)

.... but good choice of shafts, stick to what works for you