ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Help me decide

Fabian43Fabian43 Members Posts: 59
Help me decide if an all-in-one device is better than 2 devices...

Loved my Garmin G8. Did everything well. Sold it last week to fund my upgrade to new Garmin G80. I assumed the G80 would have same GPS experience + add radar. Disappointingly the G80’s color saturation is significantly worse than G8. The display is dull, lacks the vibrant colors of G8. Also the G80’s brightness is worse than G8. Less physical buttons on G80 means relying on touchscreen more to enter score on each hole = more time. I called Garmin CS and they couldn’t tell me if those 2 issues could or would be addressed in an software update. So...

Should I keep the G80 for the $500 I spent...it’s an all-in-one device and I’m making too big a deal about the display.

OR

Return the G80 and go back to a G8 and add a SC200 radar...both would cost about $500. 2 devices that probably do each function better

Comments

• ollyG-MONEYollyG-MONEY Members Posts: 21
    I used a friends G80 just as a lunch monitor for practice today at the local driving range.

Really impressed! Is great for practice, and to keep practice interesting.

For me the colour issue on the screen isn't a big deal.

I currently have a G6 and a Bushnell, but definitely looking at getting a G80, great bit of kit.
    The Squad
    TM M4 - Oban Devotion
    TM M4 3 wood - Accra 372T M4
    TM P790 UDI 2 - D G 105 S300 / Titleist 917 F2 18* 5 wood - Fujikura Speeder Pro ts 84 / Callaway XR hybrid 19* - Pro Launch red
    TM P760 4-PW - D G 105 S300
    TM Milled Grind 50* bent to 52*, 56*, 60* - DG S300
    Low tide - custom fin putter / TM Spider X

TM TP5X / Vice Pro+ / Chrome Soft 2019