ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

AMAZING..!! This Guy Uses Medieval Catapult Technology To BLAST The Ball..!!

JohnnyNight JohnnyNight Advanced Members Posts: 638 ✭✭
edited March 15 in Instruction & Academy
This is SO SWEET..!!



I've tried swinging with a move like this every so often...



But I just found this guy who REALLY GOT IT GOING ON..!!



https://www.youtube....h?v=oPLkQGZkywc



He got a nice IRON VID TOO..!!



https://www.youtube....h?v=52BCq3JN1qE

Comments

  • Mike DivotMike Divot Advanced Members Posts: 244
    (warning: slightly off topic post ahead)



    I like to watch videos like these with the sound off. And try to work out what they're trying to teach from just the visual.



    you almost always see a guy leaning on a golf club, talking talking talking talking. He could be talking about his vacation in the caribbean. After a long time, they address a ball. Adjust their feet. Waggle. Ready set .... and look up at the camera and talk some more. Then lean on the club or put it over their shoulder and talk some more ... then address the ball. Ready set ... then look up and talk some more.



    It's really funny to see such an abuse of the medium of video.



    It's a visual medium! Use sight over sound. Demonstrate, don't just blather on. Otherwise its no better than a radio show.



    This guy is a classic. Two minutes in before there is any inkling of what he's saying. Four minutes before he starts to give any kind of demonstration. By the 6 minute mark, still nothing had happened. I started to laugh and then closed the page. 12 minutes for something that could be probably be shown in 2 or 3?
  • b_f_c_99b_f_c_99 No Warm Up Needed. Advanced Members Posts: 244
    Ummmm this is exactly what is discussed here everyday. So maybe this guy’s explanation makes sense to you but really no amazing “secret”

  • kadeykadey Advanced Members Posts: 201 ✭✭
    I've always liked Peter Alliss's explanation better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paJvUaLcL-E
  • WedgefromhereWedgefromhere Advanced Members Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Danny Maude is one of the best on YouTube. He's got plenty of really good videos.
  • puttingmattputtingmatt puttingmatt Advanced Members Posts: 4,986 ✭✭
    Actually, Danny Maude's videos are quite good and informative. And he is

    very good at demonstrating what he is

    trying to convey to the listener. One of the more sincere golf youtubers on the

    subject of the swing. His points are clear and worth watching.


    Play Golf.....Play Blades......Play Something Else.....Just Go Play.....
  • BottleCapBottleCap Advanced Members Posts: 1,201 ✭✭
    b_f_c_99 wrote:


    Ummmm this is exactly what is discussed here everyday. So maybe this guy’s explanation makes sense to you but really no amazing “secret”




    I disagree, most discussion here is about elbow, tilt, hands, and compensations to save an off plane swing
    Taylormade M3 440 Tensei CK Pro Blue 70S
    Titleist 917F3 15 GD TourAD BB 8S
    Mizuno MP-18 3-PW DG S400
    Vokey SM6 54S and 60K
    Cameron Newport 2 CT
    Bridgestone Tour B XS
  • CwingCwing Advanced Members Posts: 7,962 ✭✭


    This is SO SWEET..!!



    I've tried swinging with a move like this every so often...



    But I just found this guy who REALLY GOT IT GOING ON..!!



    [url="



    He got a nice IRON VID TOO..!!



    [url="




    Interesting stuff.
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Skip to 8:49 to see him swing.



    Looks like a regular golf swing with some goat humping.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • BrianMcGBrianMcG Advanced Members Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Mike Divot wrote:


    (warning: slightly off topic post ahead)



    I like to watch videos like these with the sound off. And try to work out what they're trying to teach from just the visual.



    you almost always see a guy leaning on a golf club, talking talking talking talking. He could be talking about his vacation in the caribbean. After a long time, they address a ball. Adjust their feet. Waggle. Ready set .... and look up at the camera and talk some more. Then lean on the club or put it over their shoulder and talk some more ... then address the ball. Ready set ... then look up and talk some more.



    It's really funny to see such an abuse of the medium of video.



    It's a visual medium! Use sight over sound. Demonstrate, don't just blather on. Otherwise its no better than a radio show.



    This guy is a classic. Two minutes in before there is any inkling of what he's saying. Four minutes before he starts to give any kind of demonstration. By the 6 minute mark, still nothing had happened. I started to laugh and then closed the page. 12 minutes for something that could be probably be shown in 2 or 3?




    This exactly. Lol. I was watching this without sound, and just wanted to see his swing.
    Walter: Tell me Bobby, why do you play this game?
    Bobby: I play because I love it.
    Walter: Well I play for the money. I have to win. That is why every time we face each other I will always beat you.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Advanced Members Posts: 7,035 ✭✭
    BrianMcG wrote:


    Skip to 8:49 to see him swing.



    Looks like a regular golf swing with some goat humping.




    Jesus. His head and shoulders are moving backwards just before impact. Yuck.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, 60-14(at 61) stealth, All wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Advanced Members Posts: 2,662 ✭✭
    Danny is a darn good teacher.
    Cobra LTD Pro Matrix F6M2/F7M3/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ Fuji 661 III
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Nike Vapor Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
  • PorscheFanPorscheFan Advanced Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    His iron drill above reminds me of this old Stephen Deane (Pete Cowan) iron drill, but I like Stephen's a little better:



Sign In or Register to comment.