You have to question Phil's character at this point

Comments

• Couples1Couples1 Members Posts: 150
    Worst yet, the yacht is owned by the chair of the board of trustee of USC LOL .... how is he going to explain this. Oh, everyone will find a way, of course.
  • dropkickeddropkicked Members Posts: 484 ✭✭
    The elite always pay to get their kids into schools.. some donate $ so they can build a new wing, have it named after them and their kids get a free ride...
  • tideridertiderider Members Posts: 1,499 ✭✭
    phil isn't the only celebrity/pro to have been involved with these things ... he's the only one that's been discovered to have been involved ...
    edited Mar 15, 2019 1:50pm #35
    Who designed that junk ... that LA designer guy who was involved in college scam too. The feds should 'follow the ugly golf garb' ( Stewart Cink next ?)

Guess I should write a CSI TPC episode or something. Phil has some more talking to do. No wonder his head was spinning last week. Wasn't about the course, it was whether where he thought he was going to be arrested. Philly is not a good pick at Augusta lol
  • jholzjholz Members Posts: 1,296 ✭✭
    Given the license that the ultra-rich have to behave poorly, I would say that Phil is probably on the good side of average among the multi-millionaire set.
    Cleveland Launcher HB 10.5* - Stock Miyazaki C. Kua 50 Stiff
    Callaway Diablo Octane Tour 13* - Aldila NV 75 Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15* - Accra Dymatch M5 75
    Mizuno F-50 18* - Stock Stiff
    or
    Callaway Diablo Edge Tour Hybrid 21* - Aldila NV 85 Stiff
    Callaway RAZR Tour Hybrid 24* - Stock XStiff
    5 - PW Cleveland CG7 Tour Black Pearl - DGSL S300
    Vokey Design 200 Series 52* Stock Wedge (?)
    Cleveland CG15 Oilcan 56* Stock Wedge
    Callaway X-Series JAWS Slate CC 58* Stock Wedge
    Odyssey White Ice #7 - Golf Pride Oversize
  • GSDriverGSDriver Members Posts: 582 ✭✭
    Face it, right or wrong, celebs, successful athletes and the really wealthy have more advantages than us normal people. Been that way forever, and will continue to be that way.

Questioning one's character because of advantages their status and wealth seems somewhat judgemental.

Start a thread on Joe Montana, as he used the same service.

This is a silly thread anyway.
    Epic Speeder 661
    Rogue 4 Wood Evenflow 75 Blue
    Epic Hybrids 3/4/5
    Apex Pro 6-P Recoil 110 F4
    MD Slate Forged 52
    PM Grind 56/60
    Odyssey 7S
    All grips except putter are Iomic Sticky 2.3
  • chivachiva Members Posts: 2,420 ✭✭
    Oldboy wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

jmkenn0 wrote:

Pretty much wrote him off after the long-sleeve shirt he was hocking.

Who designed that junk ... that LA designer guy who was involvd in college scam too. The feds should 'follow the ugly golf garb' ( Stewart Cink next ?)

well how bout this one .. and credit to it already being posted in another topic .. the father (and husband of Lori Laughlin who was arrested) of the girl at USC on the yacht is Mossimo Giannuli .. who is the founder of G/FORE clothing (and a member at Bel Air and Lakeside).. guess what shoes Phil WEARS??? yeah the've never met before ...

So is Bubba guilty too??
    OB and water hazards you flunkies
    dropkicked wrote:

The elite always pay to get their kids into schools.. some donate $ so they can build a new wing, have it named after them and their kids get a free ride...

It's the tax deductions and the fraudulent test scores that will be their problem. Just because Phil says his kids are so smart doesn't mean they are ( sound familiar). If they are anything like that ditz on youtube ... oh my, there is going to be trouble. This nation is not in the mood for anymore financial scandals involving the public.
  • playar32playar32 Members Posts: 272 ✭✭
    I wouldn't get it twisted. It's a too much of a movie plot people believe that everyone who has money is evil and everyone who doesn't have money is pure. It goes both ways; as stated up in the thread, there are low level income people doing sketchy things to curb the law, its just no one cares.

People are already mad at the rich\successful, but get more annoyed when the rich act cocky. Reminds me of Belichick when he started running different formations in playoff game he won (like 6/7lineman, shifting who was the center). When asked in the after game press conference, he said the other team should read the rule book. Next game, they played the Colts; otherwise known as the "deflate-gate" game. Then that whole thing happened.
    edited Mar 15, 2019 2:02pm #41
    tiderider wrote:

phil isn't the only celebrity/pro to have been involved with these things ... he's the only one that's been discovered to have been involved ...

And by his lawyers getting him out in front of the mess ... they learned well for cooperating, so well, in the stock scam. I'll play nice now, since you caught me.

Phil just play golf and gamble legally and stop watching the Sopranos . Leave the big money scams to the real thieves. You obviously are not good at it.

Luke warm reception or Philly Scammer during the introduction ... seems distracted just hit his 1st drive in the ocean,some 3 miles from the course.

Paired with Kutch, hope they are not exchanging investment ideas.
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 25,111 ✭✭
    I question the intentions and character of anyone who starts a “ I hate “ insert player thread.
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,253 ClubWRX

IBTL image/lock.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lock:' />

Ian Baker the Lock???

Although he's been out in front of it, I'm really starting to question Phil Mickelson's character. He's been involved/associated with:
    1. A betting scandal and transferring large amounts of money offshore.
    2. An insider trading lawsuit
    3. Using the same guy implicated in this college admissions scandal

I can't think of another player in any sport that's been involved in as much shady activity and maintains his pristine character in the eyes of most.

Using that logic we have no choice but to confidently assert that Tiger took PEDs given to him by Dr.Galea.

Tiger did take them, so did VJ, Trevor Immelman, Lee Westwod, and Annika. Not even a question. Hello.
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,253 ClubWRX

Since thousands of families have used this service in finding a college for their children, I’ll presume they’re innocent until evidence proves otherwise!

This is the internet. You're guilty in the court of public opinion and then forgotten when the next scandal du jour rolls around.
    edited Mar 15, 2019 2:13pm #46
    chiva wrote:

Oldboy wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

jmkenn0 wrote:

Pretty much wrote him off after the long-sleeve shirt he was hocking.

Who designed that junk ... that LA designer guy who was involvd in college scam too. The feds should 'follow the ugly golf garb' ( Stewart Cink next ?)

well how bout this one .. and credit to it already being posted in another topic .. the father (and husband of Lori Laughlin who was arrested) of the girl at USC on the yacht is Mossimo Giannuli .. who is the founder of G/FORE clothing (and a member at Bel Air and Lakeside).. guess what shoes Phil WEARS??? yeah the've never met before ...

So is Bubba guilty too??

Something says Bubba kids will go to a school that just breathing and some new golf equipment will be the only entrance requirement .... so it doesn't matter.
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭
    This thread is so low brow that I wouldn't be surprised if Ferguson steers clear of it.
  • ThinkingPlusThinkingPlus South TexasClubWRX Posts: 1,503 ClubWRX
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Ian Baker the Lock???
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Ian Baker the Lock???

In Before
    Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9° w/Project X HZRDUS T800 65 gm 6.0 flex
    3W: Callaway Rogue w/Project X Evenflow 5.5 Graphite R-flex
    Hybrids: Callaway Apex 3h, 4h w/MR Kuro Kage 80HY S-flex
    Irons: Maltby TS-1 5i-GW w/KBS Tour R-flex
    Sand Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM7 54/08 M Grind w/KBS Tour R-Flex
    Lob Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM6 58/04 L Grind w/TT Wedge Flex
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura X w/Super Stroke Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Titleist AVX in yellow
    edited Mar 15, 2019 2:16pm #49
    Dr. Block wrote:

I wonder if even half the people on this thread could live up to the moral standards they hold their professional athletes too...

Only the ones posting from their moms basement. It’s funny how the ones who alwasy crow the loudest in these type cases are the transients and m/or the large heirs to estates that have afforded their retirement. The rest know that speed limits are written at a level with breakage in mind. Every Market in every corner of the world would crash if every law were followed 100 %. Why ? No money would flow. Spending is what makes it all work. The money hoarders think they are the pillars of the system and therefore above reproach . In fact they are the selfish ones with bad character compared to the spenders like Phil.

This type preferential behavior has never been stopped and will never be stopped. It’s a fools errand. Change the system to work off of grades/ test scores and give the best minds free rides to the best suited school for their intended trade. Shouldn’t be allowed to donate money to a school. Until they stop that I don’t care who pays whom to get their kid in.

DavePelz4 wrote:

Ian Baker the Lock???
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Ian Baker the Lock???

In Before

IBDH ... Ian Baker Duck Hook
  • dropkickeddropkicked Members Posts: 484 ✭✭
    Couples1 wrote:

dropkicked wrote:

It's the tax deductions and the fraudulent test scores that will be their problem. Just because Phil says his kids are so smart doesn't mean they are ( sound familiar). If they are anything like that ditz on youtube ... oh my, there is going to be trouble. This nation is not in the mood for anymore financial scandals involving the public.
    I don't think they really care. Parent's are filthy rich, they will work for their parents or use up their $. Nepotism, is real.. and these dumb twats will always get high paying jobs simply because of who they are.. that's life in the "big smoke"... *shrugs*

If it bothers you that much their is a simple solution... make & save more $. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • legitimategolflegitimategolf Fighting! Members Posts: 4,557 ✭✭
    Leave Britney alone!

Dr. Block wrote:

I wonder if even half the people on this thread could live up to the moral standards they hold their professional athletes too...

Only the ones posting from their moms basement. It's funny how the ones who alwasy crow the loudest in these type cases are the transients and m/or the large heirs to estates that have afforded their retirement. The rest know that speed limits are written at a level with breakage in mind. Every Market in every corner of the world would crash if every law were followed 100 %. Why ? No money would flow. Spending is what makes it all work. The money hoarders think they are the pillars of the system and therefore above reproach . In fact they are the selfish ones with bad character compared to the spenders like Phil.

You must work for the SEC ? image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' />
  • mankumanku Members Posts: 674 ✭✭
    I don't think that anyone is finding Phil guilty...not even the haters and skeptics.

However, all the OP did was point out the "teflon" nature of Phil...he's been involved in some shady incidents, yet it doesn't seem to affect his popularity or endorsement value.

I'm still amazed that KPMG didn't drop him after the Dean Foods trading scheme...but maybe I'm just being naive, especially if you read about the 1mdb scandal.
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Members Posts: 610 ✭✭

Dr. Block wrote:

Only the ones posting from their moms basement. It's funny how the ones who alwasy crow the loudest in these type cases are the transients and m/or the large heirs to estates that have afforded their retirement. The rest know that speed limits are written at a level with breakage in mind. Every Market in every corner of the world would crash if every law were followed 100 %. Why ? No money would flow. Spending is what makes it all work. The money hoarders think they are the pillars of the system and therefore above reproach . In fact they are the selfish ones with bad character compared to the spenders like Phil.

If you want to stomp on the terra even a little bit, expect to get dirty.
    dropkicked wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

dropkicked wrote:

I don't think they really care. Parent's are filthy rich, they will work for their parents or use up their $. Nepotism, is real.. and these dumb twats will always get high paying jobs simply because of who they are.. that's life in the "big smoke"... *shrugs*

If it bothers you that much their is a simple solution... make & save more $. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

It is funny they got caught ... and they do care , tax evasion is a major no no to even the wealthy.
  • PALS-SSAPALS-SSA Members Posts: 279 ✭✭
    DavePelz4 wrote:

Ian Baker the Lock???

I heard Brick stabbed a guy with a trident
    Couples1 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

You must work for the SEC ? image/stink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stink:' />

I mean the guy has a T. rex head. Somebody somewhere made a years salary off him. That’s positive stimulation !

DavePelz4 wrote:

Ian Baker the Lock???

I heard Brick stabbed a guy with a trident
  • gvogelgvogel Members Posts: 7,203 ✭✭

Dr. Block wrote:

This type preferential behavior has never been stopped and will never be stopped. It's a fools errand. Change the system to work off of grades/ test scores and give the best minds free rides to the best suited school for their intended trade. Shouldn't be allowed to donate money to a school. Until they stop that I don't care who pays whom to get their kid in.

Not quite correct economic theory. Some people have to save so that there is money in the banking system to lend to the people who can use it profitably.
    On Sundays, I used to play hickory
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0 Members Posts: 674 ✭✭

Dr. Block wrote:

reductio ad absurdum
    gvogel wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

This type preferential behavior has never been stopped and will never be stopped. It's a fools errand. Change the system to work off of grades/ test scores and give the best minds free rides to the best suited school for their intended trade. Shouldn't be allowed to donate money to a school. Until they stop that I don't care who pays whom to get their kid in.

Not quite correct economic theory. Some people have to save so that there is money in the banking system to lend to the people who can use it profitably.

Sure they need to deposit it. But “ saving “ isn’t quite as important. Sure you save. But I’m talking about the holier than thou Ramsey types. The “ how much can I squeeze from you “guy. Give me Phil’s spreading the wealth around morals over that any day.
This discussion has been closed.