You have to question Phil's character at this point

124»

Comments

• Couples1Couples1 Posts: 150
    edited Mar 15, 2019 3:40pm #92
    Dr. Block wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

Define "always lurking"? I count two. One - when you got down to the hard facts - proved Phil's connection was tenuous at best.

The pattern of questionable criminal behavior and the questionable cast of characters Phil does business with ... is disconcerting. Phil likes being non conforming but he seems to be testing some things he shouldn't. You could do these things in the 90's and prior decades, no one knew what , for example, what the Glass-Stegall legislation was for. That is how Greg Norman and friends danced between the rain drops, no one had any understanding what these Wall Street crook were really up to. They do know , thank you Enron etc ... but will anyone do anything about it?

You [email protected] better believe they do everything about it, and if they could have connected Phil via the Dean Foods exec they flipped, they'd have fried his a** like a trout. The only reason he got the flogging he did in the press is because Walters tried to use him as a life preserver as he wen't down with cement shoes on. Walters knew the score and he reeled Phil in. What a vile SOB he was and he got what he deserved.

Questionable criminal behavior...give me a break. Hopefully Phil is wiser for the experience, but that chump change trade he would have run from had he known what Walters real motives were.

ehhhh ... this newest Phil and the crook episode isn't just another case of Phil picking the wrong friends ???? If it is, then he is truly a fool and learned nothing of ' Billy boy' using him.
  • OldboyOldboy Members Posts: 2,374 ✭✭
    are Walters and Singer at the same federal prison? that'd make it a little easier for visitations
  • caniac6caniac6 Members Posts: 2,654 ✭✭
    As far as I'm concerned, Phil is a golfer on TV. What he does in his private life is of concern to him and his family. If he breaks the law, that's his problem.
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,354 ClubWRX
    The other stuff Phil brought on himself one way or another. Criminal, stupid, too smart for his own good, have at it.

Taking after him for this is unreasonable.
  • bscinstnctbscinstnct Members Posts: 26,092 ✭✭
    Phil like

556c30c21bc2c6e2a6a176ab6441e856.gif

Kidding, kidding. Who knows for sure but I don't think he did anything but try to get his kids the best prep they could.
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,056 ✭✭
    I don't think Phil did anything nefarious. However, he keeps putting himself in sketchy situations with money and the law. I know it's for his kids and all, but one day he's going to roll snake eyes.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • Dr. BlockDr. Block Posts: 610 ✭✭
    Couples1 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

Define "always lurking"? I count two. One - when you got down to the hard facts - proved Phil's connection was tenuous at best.

The pattern of questionable criminal behavior and the questionable cast of characters Phil does business with ... is disconcerting. Phil likes being non conforming but he seems to be testing some things he shouldn't. You could do these things in the 90's and prior decades, no one knew what , for example, what the Glass-Stegall legislation was for. That is how Greg Norman and friends danced between the rain drops, no one had any understanding what these Wall Street crook were really up to. They do know , thank you Enron etc ... but will anyone do anything about it?

You [email protected] better believe they do everything about it, and if they could have connected Phil via the Dean Foods exec they flipped, they'd have fried his a** like a trout. The only reason he got the flogging he did in the press is because Walters tried to use him as a life preserver as he wen't down with cement shoes on. Walters knew the score and he reeled Phil in. What a vile SOB he was and he got what he deserved.

Questionable criminal behavior...give me a break. Hopefully Phil is wiser for the experience, but that chump change trade he would have run from had he known what Walters real motives were.

ehhhh ... this newest Phil and the crook episode isn't just another case of Phil picking the wrong friends ???? If it is, then he is truly a fool and learned nothing of ' Billy boy' using him.

This is not Phil and the crook. This is Phil trying to do everything he can for his kids by using a company thousands of others also used for college prep. By your logic, all of the people that ever associated themselves with this company are as guilty as the ones who've actually been linked to bribes. Its a bunch of nonsense and conjecture, so I guess it fits right in around here.
  • OldboyOldboy Members Posts: 2,374 ✭✭
    Dr. Block wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

Dr. Block wrote:

Couples1 wrote:

This is not Phil and the crook. This is Phil trying to do everything he can for his kids by using a company thousands of others also used for college prep. By your logic, all of the people that ever associated themselves with this company are as guilty as the ones who've actually been linked to bribes. Its a bunch of nonsense and conjecture, so I guess it fits right in around here.

The head of said company was under federal investigation and arrested. there was a list of 50 people arrested as well with the promise of more to follow. phil put a cya statement out within 24hrs of this happening .. i'm sure its nothing .. everything i just typed is fact not conjecture
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,164 ✭✭
    This place is getting to be like a bad soap opera.
    Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G25 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day.... Members Posts: 24,990 ✭✭

manku wrote:

I don't think that anyone is finding Phil guilty...not even the haters and skeptics.

However, all the OP did was point out the "teflon" nature of Phil...he's been involved in some shady incidents, yet it doesn't seem to affect his popularity or endorsement value.

I'm still amazed that KPMG didn't drop him after the Dean Foods trading scheme...but maybe I'm just being naive, especially if you read about the 1mdb scandal.

This is all I was implying - Phil is teflon. Tiger was guilty of cheating on his wife (not illegal) and sponsors dropped him like it was nothing. Phil is always lurking around shady business/investment dealings and nobody cares.

Surely you see that this is the public speaking on their opinion of the pecking order of personal transgressions. No? ( I like tiger and Phil )
    TM Tour M6 11.2 * KK Tini XTS 70X
    TM Tour 17 M1 14.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Titleist Tour Proto MB 3-pw Modus 130X
    Ping Glide Forged   54 60 S400
    Cameron GSS 009 1.5 tungsten sole weights, sound slot
  • Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,753 ✭✭
    Couples1 wrote:

jmkenn0 wrote:

Pretty much wrote him off after the long-sleeve shirt he was hocking.

Who designed that junk ... that LA designer guy who was involved in college scam too. The feds should 'follow the ugly golf garb' ( Stewart Cink next ?)

Negative, Ghostrider. Mizzen & Main is not related to G/Fore.
    Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
    Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
    816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    "Fluffernutter Phil" is one odd duck.

Best, 'Nuff Said
  • sheldonjhackersheldonjhacker Members Posts: 3,699 ✭✭
    "Fluffernutter Phil" is one odd duck.

Best, 'Nuff Said
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,612 ClubWRX
    lawsonman wrote:

Don’t worry, it’s all a dream!
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • DavePelz4DavePelz4 A golf course in the Chicago area.ClubWRX Posts: 24,219 ClubWRX
    lawsonman wrote:

As the World Turns, you'll see that All My Children are missing the Guiding Light. Apparently they're in Another World, acting like The Young and Restless in The Search for Tomorrow. As we approach The Edge of Night there is but One Life to Live and some of the posters on this thread are best described as The Bold and Beautiful.

I'll crawl back into the Dark Shadows now before someone finds me and puts me in the psych ward at General Hospital.
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX Posts: 14,612 ClubWRX
    DavePelz4 wrote:

lawsonman wrote:

As the World Turns, you'll see that All My Children are missing the Guiding Light. Apparently they're in Another World, acting like The Young and Restless in The Search for Tomorrow. As we approach The Edge of Night there is but One Life to Live and some of the posters on this thread are best described as The Bold and Beautiful.

I'll crawl back into the Dark Shadows now before someone finds me and puts me in the psych ward at General Hospital.

All I can say is, Well Done DP����������. That was impressive. Although I’m a little concerned you even know that many soaps. ��
    Titleist 910 8.5
    Titleist 910 15*
    Titleist 910H 17*
    2-6 Mizuno MP-60, 7-PW MP-67
    SC GoLo
    Vokey SM5 52,58,62
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members Posts: 2,719 ✭✭
    tbowles411 wrote:

I don't think Phil did anything nefarious. However, he keeps putting himself in sketchy situations with money and the law. I know it's for his kids and all, but one day he's going to roll snake eyes.

he's always been of sketchy character
    Cobra LTD PRO/LTD BLACK  Matrix F6M2/F7M3/Project X LZ 6.0 71g HC/ Fuji 661 III
    Cobra LTD 3/4 Kai'li 80
    Cobra LTD 4/5 Kai'li 80
    TM Mid_Rescue TP 22*
    Cobra Fly Z  Pro Irons Modus 120x SSx2 4-pw
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 60 Modus 125
    Machine LN M6
124»
This discussion has been closed.