ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Driver swing weight question

DeeBee30DeeBee30 Advanced Members Posts: 275 ✭✭
I'm looking for some insight on how a driver with different swing weights *might* affect my swing and resulting ball flight. I currently play a Titleist 913D3 with a stiff Aldila RIP 60 shaft and Golf Pride New Decade MCC mid size grips. I don't know what the swing weight is - it's basically factory stock plus whatever weight the mid grip adds.

During a recent fitting, I was specced into a set of irons (D4 swing weight, which is the same as my current irons), and a TaylorMade M5 driver: 9.5*, Fuji Speeder Evo II 661 stiff shaft, and the same GP New Decade mid grip. **BUT**, the driver I hit in the fitting and was specced for was for a D7 swing weight. I'm already planning to go back to the fitter to understand why and to attempt to see what a D4 version of that setup would feel like. FWIW, my driver swing averages about 103 mph, with a slowish tempo and a fairly smooth transition at the top, and my natural miss is a bit of a pull hook due to some combination of not rotating my hips, shutting the face and a slightly negative swing path.

Generally speaking, how might a difference of 3 swing weights typically manifest itself in terms of impacting the swing?
Couple of woods
OG Rescue club
Some irons
Fistful of wedges
Flat stick
Some balls
Shop Pride Evolution Striped Plastic 2-3/4" tees
Kapalua Color Magic Minuteman repair tool
2001 & 2003 state quarter ball markers

Comments

• b.mattayb.mattay New WRX'er Advanced Members Posts: 453 ✭✭
    I don't think it really would do anything too significant. I can't tell the difference between swingweights at all.
    2017 Taylormade M1 (9.5, Wishon Black 85X)

2017 Taylormade M1 (17, Wishon Black 85X)

14th Club???

714 AP2 (4-9, X100)

SM6 (46.08F, 50.12F, 55.15F, 60.12V, S400)

Some ugly, beat up putter