Odyssey O-works #1 black with micro hinges

Rebbutt ·  
RebbuttRebbutt Oregon 26WRX Points: 19Handicap: 7.9Members Posts: 26 Bunkers
Anyone rolling this blade and finding it challenging to dial in speed to lag 30+ fr putts? I’m trying eyes closed drills to develop feel with the micro hinge. Any tips or similar experiences? (Note; I find this to be a great stick inside 25 ft so I think the problem is training myself... not the club)
Posted:
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Subzero 10.5* + Big Bertha Fusion 15* + XR 3H 20* + Apex Pro 19 4-AW + MD4 54/58 + 2018 Scotty Newport 2.5 in Sun Mtn 5.5 LS stand bag[/font]

Comments

• freddiedavis65freddiedavis65 Gadsden, AL 82WRX Points: 19Handicap: 2.4Members Posts: 82 Fairways
    I have been using the studio stainless Scotty for 15 years and switched to this putter (after trying the stroke lab 7s and Red Spider unsuccessfully) and love this putter. I am using a skinny Odyssey grip instead of a super stroke and I think that gives more feel
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • RebbuttRebbutt Oregon 26WRX Points: 19Handicap: 7.9Members Posts: 26 Bunkers

Appreciate the idea... your post triggered my switch to a pistol SuperStroke grip back in March. I instantly gained more feel on 30+ footers dropping average # of 3-putts per 18 hole round from 1.1 to 0.3. Thanks!

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Epic Subzero 10.5* + Big Bertha Fusion 15* + XR 3H 20* + Apex Pro 19 4-AW + MD4 54/58 + 2018 Scotty Newport 2.5 in Sun Mtn 5.5 LS stand bag[/font]
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX  3715WRX Points: 278Members Posts: 3,715 Titanium Tees

I literally dumped this putter because of speed control on anything outside of 20ft.

Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Epic Flash TC 18.5* Kai Li 80
    Apex Hyb TC 20* Kuro Kage 80s
    X Forged Utility 24(bent 22*) KBS $-Taper
    RAZR MB 5-PW KBS Prototype
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X Triple Track
  • tilasan1tilasan1  24WRX Points: 17Members Posts: 24 Bunkers

There is a reason you don't see many pros using the microhinge insert.

Posted:
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner  700WRX Points: 431Members Posts: 700 Golden Tee

There are plenty of non-PGA Tour pros who are using putters with the Microhinge insert, especially on the LPGA Tour it seems. Probably comes down the PGA Tour having more access to Odyssey's tour van inserts.

Posted:
    Mizuno ST190
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 wood
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway MD4 W Grind 60 deg.
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #8 / Toulon Austin

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.