Miami - Key West - Naples Trip

So, I am going on a family trip to Southern Florida this coming winter and had some golf course suggestion questions. Below is a list I have gathered so far, is there any courses I should add to play? Money is no issue but at the same time it is. I would rather pay up and play something that I would enjoy but at the same time I enjoy paying less and being suprised over how good the course is for the price.... Also, since it is an family trip, I will play early am golf so I am back no later than lunch to spend the rest of the day with the family. I will not have time to play all courses below so which are a must and have I missed some? Which can I skip?

Here is my plan so far:

Week 1 - Miami (Airbnb booked by the beach really close to Normandy Shores Golf Course), will have time to play 7 rounds while there.

Normandy Shores - Miami (since I will be staying less than 5 minutes from the course)

Trump National - Miami (I have played Blue Monster, Red Tiger and Silver Fox, will play whatever Golfnow has as an deal while I am there)

Crandon Golf - Miami

Melreese CC - Miami

Jacaranda - Ft Lauderdale (I have played both courses and really enjoyed them)

Plantation Preserve - Ft Lauderdale

Pembroke Pines - Ft Lauderdale

Emerald Hills - Ft Lauderdale

Week 2 - Naples (Airbnb booked on the Lely Resort) Will have time to play 6 rounds. Lely courses and TPC Treviso Bay I want to play, which others are a must?

Lely Golf Resort - Naples

TPC Treviso Bay - Naples

Tiburon GC - Naples

Hole in the Wall GC - Naples

ArrowHead GC - Naples

Quail Run GC - Naples

Old Corckscrew - Naples

Naples Grande GC - Naples

Hammock Bay Golf & CC - Naples

Key West, we will drive down to Key West. Is it worth dropping off the family somewhere down there to play the course that is there? Or hang out with the family all day down there and skip that course?

Comments

• smashdnsmashdn Let's cut them trees down. Posts: 935 ✭✭

The drive to Key West is tiring and takes longer than the distance indicates. It is a two lane and many places the speed limit is 35. Plus you will see stuff along the way you'll want to stop at. I guess what i am getting at is it can become a much longer than one day adventure if you aren't careful due to the drive time.

• ronnbeeronnbee Posts: 1,076 ✭✭

in Naples--try to play Calusa Pines---WOW

• nikegolfer1983nikegolfer1983 Members Posts: 2,058 ✭✭

Calusa Pines is a must if you can pull it off. TwinEagles is also pretty good spot or Bonita Bay East

• TK3TK3 TK3 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi Favr0811,
    I am not sure if this is true or not, but I am going to PGA National on a Work Conference (yes, work!) and of course, I'll be playing the courses there. But my colleague is staying a few extra days and was thinking of getting a AirBNB in Miami - until he read that the Mayor of Miami is trying to stop any AirBNB business going forward. Again - not sure if this is true - but I would double check just to make sure. Last thing you want is to show up and find out that the city is indeed cancelling out these rentals.

Hope all ends up well.
    TK

My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3 / Matrix
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Ecco Cage
    Ball - Srixon Z Star
  • favre0811favre0811 Members Posts: 119 ✭✭

Thank you all for the comment, and I will for sure follow up on the airbnb thing.