Ping Bruzer

2»

Comments

• 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,901 ClubWRX

@rgk5 said:
    Certainly no worse looking than the Cameron Adam Scott is using.

He's actually using a directed force putter this week at the Masters.

• SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh DallasClubWRX Posts: 3,941 ClubWRX

Honestly, I like it. I picked up a Futura 6M and I’ve gained respect for the higher MOI options.

Instagram @SetTheBarrHigh

What's In The Bag

Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist TS2 16.5°, 21°
    Ping i210
    Titleist SM7 52°, 58°
    Titleist Futura 6M
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,310 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@SetTheBarrHigh said:
    Honestly, I like it. I picked up a Futura 6M and I’ve gained respect for the higher MOI options.

They make them for a reason. The stroke needs to be egregious to not at least roll somewhat on line. You may not make it, but you should be around the hole when you miss.

G410 9 Degree - Yonex Red
    G410 3, 5 & 9 Woods - Yonex Blue
    G410 4-5 Hybrids - UST Recoil
    G410 6-UW - Yonex Proprietary Iron Shafts
    Glide 2.0 54SS, 58 WS
    Glide 3.0 54ES, 58ES (Awaiting release) Yonex Proprietary Iron Shafts
    PING Bruzer
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
  • JerryTBallJerryTBall Avid Amateur NCMembers Posts: 329 ✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 12, 2019 2:16am #35

Bought one today need cut down a little more, it putts very nice, I like the plain face on it, tired cleaning grooves on most other putters. It’s actually feeling lighter than you’d think.! It’s slightly bigger than Scotty phantom X12

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    919 tour irons & 919 forged yes I have both sets
    Ping G400 max G400 7 wood G400 3 hybrid
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@ColinKelvin said:
    Konklifer said:

ColinKelvin said:

Don't get me started on Ping making tour-only putters these days, having built up their reputation for years in Karsten's time by never even paying pros to use their putters, all of which were available to everyone, regardless of their level of play.  

What is your point?

My point, quite simply, is that from the 60s to the 00s, Ping was a company which, as far as I know, made available all its putter designs to everyone from club golfers to tour pros (who could add weight and customise their putter through WRX/the famous Jim Wells).  This was in line with Karsten's original philosophy of Ping making innovative, well-engineered clubs for everyone.

It's a matter of regret, in my opinion, that in the last couple of years they have strayed from this, copied other companies, and now have ranges for the mass market, and a range exclusively for pros.  There have been three PLD releases so far: an Anser head with very limited customization, a Ketsch with 2 camo finishes, and a Ketsch mid with a copper sole.  Meanwhile, an array of PLD models are being played on tour which are not, it seems, going to be made available to the plebs who actually buy Ping's product. That will makes some consumers feel excluded.  Others may disagree, but this is how I feel about it as a long-time Ping fan.

Ping will make you almost whatever you want, regardless of who you are. Most companies don’t do that. I could literally call up Morton’s tomorrow and get an order started for a custom milled My Day.

Ping G410+ 9* w/ Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 (X)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox

@PreppySlapCut said:

@ColinKelvin said:
    Konklifer said:

ColinKelvin said:

Don't get me started on Ping making tour-only putters these days, having built up their reputation for years in Karsten's time by never even paying pros to use their putters, all of which were available to everyone, regardless of their level of play.  

What is your point?

My point, quite simply, is that from the 60s to the 00s, Ping was a company which, as far as I know, made available all its putter designs to everyone from club golfers to tour pros (who could add weight and customise their putter through WRX/the famous Jim Wells).  This was in line with Karsten's original philosophy of Ping making innovative, well-engineered clubs for everyone.

It's a matter of regret, in my opinion, that in the last couple of years they have strayed from this, copied other companies, and now have ranges for the mass market, and a range exclusively for pros.  There have been three PLD releases so far: an Anser head with very limited customization, a Ketsch with 2 camo finishes, and a Ketsch mid with a copper sole.  Meanwhile, an array of PLD models are being played on tour which are not, it seems, going to be made available to the plebs who actually buy Ping's product. That will makes some consumers feel excluded.  Others may disagree, but this is how I feel about it as a long-time Ping fan.

Ping will make you almost whatever you want, regardless of who you are. Most companies don’t do that. I could literally call up Morton’s tomorrow and get an order started for a custom milled My Day.

I agree. Our rep says there are very few putters they won't make for a customer. Certain PLD putters were made FOR a pro. If you have money, they'll make it, but be prepared to pay. They're not going to make a $300 putter for you.

Glide 2.0 54SS, 58 WS
    PING Bruzer
    edited Jun 12, 2019 7:28pm #38

@JerryTBall said:
    Bought one today need cut down a little more, it putts very nice, I like the plain face on it, tired cleaning grooves on most other putters. It’s actually feeling lighter than you’d think.! It’s slightly bigger than Scotty phantom X12

I have to have mine extended to 36 inches. This is a BIG putter; not insanely big, but big.

Glide 2.0 54SS, 58 WS
    PING Bruzer

Went to a real green today, hit about 30 putts, great lag, and lines up well, And I mean everything being equal it’s just what makes you feel comfortable I don’t feel comfortable with my arms folded to hold the putter. When I say my putter is 33 inches it’s like oh my God a kids putter. Phil Mickelson is like 2 inches taller than me, I’ve met Phill couple times his putter is like 29 31 inches.

I change clubs too often to be able to update my signature but here’s what I currently play
    Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • buntabunta Members Posts: 660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jun 14, 2019 4:58am #40

i want the bruzer bad. But i know my friends are gonna laugh all the way to the parking lot if i ever missed a 2 footer with a $450 putter.

TS3, s55, SM7, Juno

.......well that happened all day yesterday 😂, I got the new blueprint irons, along with Bruzer, finally got irons tuned to me, 16 GIR, 40 putts. I’ve found that for me the shorter I make the putter, the better it is on short putts, so I need my guys to take another 1/2” of, maybe inch. For me a big MOI putter easier to handle shorter. Have fun.

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • PT1911PT1911 Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Morton’s had them in stock so I ordered one up. Supposed to get here Monday, I’m excited to actually see the size and shape in person as I have only seen them online.

Ping G410+ 9* Accra TZ5 M5
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Tour AD-IZ 7
    Ping G410 3H Tensei Pro Blue
    Ping i500 4-PW Recoil SmacWrap
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
    Ping PLD Bruzer
  • ColinKelvinColinKelvin ScotlandMembers Posts: 111 ✭✭✭
    edited Jun 15, 2019 2:49pm #43

@ColinKelvin said:
    Konklifer said:

ColinKelvin said:

What is your point?

Really? Could you get something even close to one of these? Look at the faces, for example - not Vault 2.0 or Sigma G milling...

Ping G400 MAX 9* driver Tour 65 S
    Ping Anser 17*, 20* hybrids TFC 800H S
    Ping i200 4-UW blue dot +0.5" CFS S
    Ping Anser Forged 54, 58*
    Ping Nome TR

Putter bench: Ping Pal 5BZ BeNi / Ping Wack-E IN / Ping Redwood Anser Prototype

If you’ve seen the X 12 Scottie the new one it’s real close to that size

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • lawsonmanlawsonman Freeport, IllinoisMembers Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@JerryTBall said:
    .......well that happened all day yesterday 😂, I got the new blueprint irons, along with Bruzer, finally got irons tuned to me, 16 GIR, 40 putts. I’ve found that for me the shorter I make the putter, the better it is on short putts, so I need my guys to take another 1/2” of, maybe inch. For me a big MOI putter easier to handle shorter. Have fun.

You're braver than me Jerry. I just couldn't cut down a $500 putter.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
    Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
    Ping G410 6-UW
    Ping Glide 54,58ES
    Scotty Cameron Newport 3
    Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black

Well you can always add it back and the guys at Continental just make the club like new whenever they do modifications for me I mean I had that cut three times but you can only bend it so much that’s the problem with that one he was able to bend it but there was a point where if he cut it and not the right lie you’re going to have to leave it but it came out just right I’d say I’m probably right around 33 inches. I putted about an hour yesterday with it and definitely being shorter was easier on shorter putts, when it was longer it seemed a little unsteady so it’s good now Great lagging putter no matter what the length

Ping glide wedges
    Scotty putter
  • JoelsimJoelsim Members Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bunta said:
    i want the bruzer bad. But i know my friends are gonna laugh all the way to the parking lot if i ever missed a 2 footer with a $450 putter.

Don’t miss a two footer then.

Ping G400 Driver 10.5 Reg Ping Alta 44.5”
    Cobra King Ltd Black 5 Wood Aldila Rogue Stiff
    Ping G410 19 Hybrid Stiff Alta
    Titleist 818 H1 23 Hybrid Regular Tensei Blue
    Ping G400 4-UW (#4 at power spec loft)
    Callaway Mack Daddy 4 58 X and 64 S
    Cleveland RTX4 54 MID
    Bettinardi Studio Stock #3, Studio Stock #28 Slotback, Studio Stock #38 & BB39
    Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Palm Beach
    Cleveland Huntington Beach #10
    Scotty Cameron California Del Mar
  • Kball10Kball10 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

I just picked one up today. It was an impulse buy, so we will see how it goes.

• PT1911PT1911 Members Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just received mine today. I think it looks good! We will see how it rolls tonight!
    One other thing though, did anyone else's come with a COA in the box? Last year, when I bought a PLD3 limited edition, it came with a COA inside the PLD box.

Ping G410+ 9* Accra TZ5 M5
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Tour AD-IZ 7
    Ping G410 3H Tensei Pro Blue
    Ping i500 4-PW Recoil SmacWrap
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 54*, 58*
    Ping PLD Bruzer
  • Kball10Kball10 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭✭

One round in with a new Bruzzer that my local shop just happened to have. So far very impressed.

• mx-20mx-20 Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine didn’t have COA. Just a regular PING spec card with it.

PING G400 Max 9° Tour 65 S
    Cobra F9 14.5° Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    PING G410 Hybrid 19° & 22° Tour 85 S
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 5-P DG105 S300
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 50° & 54° DG105 S300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 Raw 58° DG115 S300
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 34"
  • j.a.j.a. Members Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Isn’t that a squid in a putter costume?

• johngalt312johngalt312 Member ClubWRX Posts: 410 ClubWRX

Bought the Bruzer at a local shop and just came with the putter and headcover. Cut down to just under 34" and regripped with PP58. Ready to roll. Like the PLD3 better.

G400 Max Driver
    G400 3-Wood
    G400 5-Wood
    i210 Irons 3-P
    Glide 2.0 Wedges 52*, 58*
    PLD3 Putter
    Jani-King Towel
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭

How are people liking the size? And how stable is it?

I'm interested in adding a PLD putter to my collection one day the Bruzer could be one but might prefer a touch smaller.

WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • joesgonegolfingjoesgonegolfing Older But Better Rockville, MDClubWRX Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just got mine today. 33 inches straight from my Ping rep. I rolled one a month ago and loved it. Like the way it frames the hole. I don't think it is overly large and it is very stable. I'll know more in the coming weeks as I get some time in with it.

Driver: Ping 9 G410 Plus EvenFlow Black 6.0 75g 
    Wood: Ping 14.5 G410 EvenFlow Black 6.0 85g 
    Hybrid: Ping G410 19 and 22 EvenFlow Black 6.0 95g 
    Irons: Ping i210 4-PW DGS105
    Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 54/SS 60/TS DGS105
    Putter:  ZB Vault 2.0 Stealth (Shaft and Head, Ping 58 Grip)
    Bag: 2019 Ping Hoofer
  • 03trdblack03trdblack Wake Forest, NCClubWRX Posts: 1,901 ClubWRX

I rolled one at a local store this weekend and didn't think it felt all that good but I made every putt I looked at with it. Incredibly stable and easy to roll. I really wish it had a standard plumbers neck instead of the slant neck. For whatever reason I just don't like the way the slanted neck looks.

• EmerichEmerich Members Posts: 120 ✭✭✭

I can't play with a putter that large, and I don't want to have to wrestle with that thing in my bag when trying to pull any other club.

• YuckYuck Fore! Members Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Where are the turbulators?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file