Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Flightscope Xi+ TM Tour Preferred - warranty?

So this one will be for the fitters and instructors, namely those who work with Flightscope. Mods, please move if in the wrong section.

I recently purchased second hand a Flightscope Xi+ but its the Taylormade Tour Preferred model which is unlocked to show club data so it’s essentially an Xi Tour.

I’ll be getting it next week and my question is whether anyone has a definitive answer on:

1) Will Flightscope offer to sell a warranty on this? Reason i ask is on the simulator forum, I read that FS said the Tour Preferred models were black listed from retail so they won’t offer a warranty. But this was just an anecdotal comment.

sidenote: id basically be interested in the warranty for the “accidental drop” protection for the first year because the annual fee is pricey, so for other work to be done, it makes more sense i think to self insure.

2) Aside from damage/things not working properly, would there be a reason to send the unit into Flightscope for calibration/tune up? I’ve never owned a legit launch monitor so not sure if there’s a maintenance schedule on these like cars or if there really isn’t preventative maitenance to do.

3) goes along with 2, but also 1 - in a situstion where I would contact Flightscope, be it for warranty purchase, repairs, etc, am I putting myself/unit at risk? Ie, is it like a tour issue club where it’s not intended for retail and if I send it in they’ll confiscate it or anything like that? 

Disclaimer: I won’t be using it for any commercial purposes - just myself for practice on the range, and someday hopefully for an indoor sim when I get the space for one. 

Thanks so much for any expertise/advice! 

Comments

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 24,002 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

1) Only way to find out is to ask FS.
    2) No reason that I can think of if it's working properly.
    3) Only risk I can think of might be if it turns out to be a stolen unit - serial number registered to someone else, and they contact the 'original owner' to verify ownership.

• hurley999shurley999s Members Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

Thanks so much for the info, Stuart. Very helpful! Being my first big boy LM, wanted to make sure I was taking care of it properly but after reading a bit about the TM ones, I just wanted to gather some additional info from those in the know. Really appreciate it!

• ethan380ethan380 Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

I purchased a tm tour preferred as well and was able to get warranty on it. Tm did say that it was a unit still in use, but still allowed me to get the warranty.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file