adding iron loft?

tyorke1tyorke1 Members Posts: 2,176 ✭✭
I am changing shafts to c-taper stiff from pro x. With the lower spin is it okay to add a degree or 2 to be the same as the project x shaft. I had mine 2 strong. I want the distance and flight to be relatively the same. Might need more height with the ctaper. 
m6 9 degree , tensai pro orange 70s ,
m4 3 wd, 15 degree rogue 125 msi 60 tour x ,
816 h1 hybrid 19 degree ,speeder tour spec
taylor p790 17 degree
callaway apex pro c-taper stiff 
vokey 52--56--60
taylormade spider tour dj versionr
epic green staff bag or titleist cart bag

Comments

• Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 22,906 ✭✭
    Changing lofts is usually the best way to tweak the distances and distance gaps.   Just make sure you make the changes based on actual distances and ball flight, not assumptions based on shaft characteristics.
  • tyorke1tyorke1 Members Posts: 2,176 ✭✭
    good point
    taylor p790 17 degree
    vokey 52--56--60
  • SocratesSocrates How can it be so *&#% hard to make a shoulder turn? WinnipegClubWRX Posts: 9,172 ClubWRX
    Got to ask why you would change shafts and then try and manipulate the flight so that it is like the Pro X?  Why not just keep the same shaft?
    Ping G400 9º TFC 419 Stiff at 45"
    Jazz Bear Cat 3 wd Aerotech Stiff
    Ping i20 3 Hyb 707H Stiff
    X2 Hot 4_-PW Recoil 660 F3 +1/2"
    Vokey SM2 52º cc
    Ping ES 56º and ES 60º
    Scotty X7M Dual 38"
    MCC Align Midsize
  • Stuart_GStuart_G New HampshireMembers Posts: 22,906 ✭✭
    edited Mar 22, 2019 7:38am #5
    Can't say which one it might be for the OP but there are potentially lots of possible reasons for the change.  For the most part, launch and spin are least important characteristics of picking an irons shaft.    Weight, feel, accuracy, consistency or dispersion, control, face impact location, etc..  - are all more important in the shaft selection process.
  • wkuo3wkuo3 RELEASE Members Posts: 3,800 ✭✭

Have you tried to experiment with open/close the stance, open/close the club face, or moving the golf ball a bit forward in the address position ? Lots of fun to manipulating the trajectory that way instead of thinking bending the equipment and everything will be according to planned.

• tyorke1tyorke1 Members Posts: 2,176 ✭✭

the pro x are 6.5 , the ctapers are stiff . tapers have lower flight, I want same flight , just less weight and flex. I am not looking for any improvements except easier to swing and play with. I thought with the lower spin and flight if I added loft would equal the same flight and distance as the 6.5 .

taylor p790 17 degree
    vokey 52--56--60