Best instructors in Orlando, FL

Brando27 ·  
Brando27Brando27  13WRX Points: 7Members Posts: 13 Bunkers
Looking to get some monthly lessons from a good instructor. Willing to pay max $150-$200 per lesson. Any suggestions on really good golf instructors in the Orlando area? I live right near the Mike Bender Academy but don't want to shell out $500 for a lesson. 
Posted:

Comments

• RichieHuntRichieHunt  3984WRX Points: 615Members Posts: 3,984 Titanium Tees
    Brendan Kennedy is at Alaqua Lakes in the Longwood area (just north of the city).  

RH
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • sirparalotsirparalot  751WRX Points: 103Handicap: 6.4Members Posts: 751 Golden Tee
    I am a fan of Nick Adcock over at OCN.  He splits his time so he is only in Orlando from October through April.
    Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83  5750WRX Points: 471Members Posts: 5,750 Titanium Tees
    Im actually going to be right next to Bradenton, Fl, Orlando is short while away but was looking at golf instructors near where I will be and that new guy Tiger is working with on putting is in Bradenton. However, really young guy and charges "500" an hour, lol, no thanks
    Posted:
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt  3984WRX Points: 615Members Posts: 3,984 Titanium Tees
    May want to look at Tim Sheredy.  He's over in Sarasota, I think.

RH
    Posted:
  • Brando27Brando27  13WRX Points: 7Members Posts: 13 Bunkers
    Brendan Kennedy is at Alaqua Lakes in the Longwood area (just north of the city).  

RH
    He a good instructor? 
    Posted:
  • martynbirchmartynbirch  520WRX Points: 53Members Posts: 520 Golden Tee
    Dan Carraher a couple of hours up the road at St Augustine got to be worth considering?
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf  17088WRX Points: 1,224Members Posts: 17,088 Titanium Tees
    Redjeep83 said:
    Im actually going to be right next to Bradenton, Fl, Orlando is short while away but was looking at golf instructors near where I will be and that new guy Tiger is working with on putting is in Bradenton. However, really young guy and charges "500" an hour, lol, no thanks
    Matt Killen isn’t really young.  He’s been teaching on the PGA Tour for almost 15 years. 

Brendan Kennedy is good.  Hernen Rey is also good and he’s at OCN.  
    Posted:
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Los Angeles 6007WRX Points: 693Members Posts: 6,007 Titanium Tees
    Dan Carraher a couple of hours up the road at St Augustine got to be worth considering?
    I'd go see Dan in a heartbeat if I lived in Fla.  Somehow, I think a mix of Monte and Dan is a powerful stereo message of great stuff.  
    Posted:
    Ping GMax 400 10.5 TPT 17 LKP
    Callawy Epic 5W 
    Callaway X-hot pro 3,4 h
    Mizuno MP4 4-W, KBS tour-v, 110 S
    Mizuno MP-64 4-W, c-taper lite, 105 R
    Fourteen mt28v3 50, 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

• mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com  7437WRX Points: 222Members Posts: 7,437 Titanium Tees
    BK or DC
    Posted:
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83  5750WRX Points: 471Members Posts: 5,750 Titanium Tees

On -, @iteachgolf said:

Redjeep83 said:

Matt Killen isn’t really young.  He’s been teaching on the PGA Tour for almost 15 years. 

Brendan Kennedy is good.  Hernen Rey is also good and he’s at OCN.  

Yea, I know he’s been out there awhile, I remember looking him up like 10 years ago in Kentucky but he was charging like 500 then as well, too rich for my blood.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

The PGA tour is centered in Orlando. You live in golfs capital. You should have zero problem finding someone good and close to the tour. Someone very smart and gets pro results.
    What a great place to live!

Posted:

Advertisement
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf  17088WRX Points: 1,224Members Posts: 17,088 Titanium Tees

On -, @BB28403 said:

The PGA tour is centered in Orlando. You live in golfs capital. You should have zero problem finding someone good and close to the tour. Someone very smart and gets pro results.
    What a great place to live!

PGA Tour Headquarters is in Ponte Vedra not Orlando.

Posted:
  • BB28403BB28403  4276WRX Points: 747Handicap: This post may not be here soon as moderators may delete it to free up space. Be concerned... you may be next...Members Posts: 4,276 Titanium Tees

Just up the road man! And anyway they should be in Orlando. ;)
    Isn't Tigers house PGA headquarters. Haha

Posted:
  • rangersgoalierangersgoalie  1927WRX Points: 399Members Posts: 1,927 Platinum Tees

Personally no experience with him, but a former student of mine who now lives in Florida is working with Chris Couch. I feel like he has done some great stuff with my former student. Fwiw

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.