Best instructors in Orlando, FL

Looking to get some monthly lessons from a good instructor. Willing to pay max $150-$200 per lesson. Any suggestions on really good golf instructors in the Orlando area? I live right near the Mike Bender Academy but don't want to shell out $500 for a lesson. 

Comments

  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭
    Brendan Kennedy is at Alaqua Lakes in the Longwood area (just north of the city).  




    RH
  • sirparalotsirparalot Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    I am a fan of Nick Adcock over at OCN.  He splits his time so he is only in Orlando from October through April.
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,085 ✭✭
    Im actually going to be right next to Bradenton, Fl, Orlando is short while away but was looking at golf instructors near where I will be and that new guy Tiger is working with on putting is in Bradenton. However, really young guy and charges "500" an hour, lol, no thanks
  • RichieHuntRichieHunt Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭
    May want to look at Tim Sheredy.  He's over in Sarasota, I think.




    RH
  • Brando27Brando27 Members Posts: 12 ✭✭
    Brendan Kennedy is at Alaqua Lakes in the Longwood area (just north of the city).  




    RH
    He a good instructor? 
  • martynbirchmartynbirch Members Posts: 518 ✭✭
    Dan Carraher a couple of hours up the road at St Augustine got to be worth considering?
    Monte Scheinblum our hero
    bumping dumping turning
    in cargo shorts
  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,601 ✭✭
    Redjeep83 said:
    Im actually going to be right next to Bradenton, Fl, Orlando is short while away but was looking at golf instructors near where I will be and that new guy Tiger is working with on putting is in Bradenton. However, really young guy and charges "500" an hour, lol, no thanks
    Matt Killen isn’t really young.  He’s been teaching on the PGA Tour for almost 15 years. 


    Brendan Kennedy is good.  Hernen Rey is also good and he’s at OCN.  
  • wmblake2000wmblake2000 Members Posts: 5,605 ✭✭
    Dan Carraher a couple of hours up the road at St Augustine got to be worth considering?
    I'd go see Dan in a heartbeat if I lived in Fla.  Somehow, I think a mix of Monte and Dan is a powerful stereo message of great stuff.  
    Ping GMax 400 10.5
    Callawy Epic 5W
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 2h
    TM P790 4-AW
    Fourteen mt28v3 54, 58
    Cameron Futura 5W

    If you see any more new irons in my bag before 2020, call the paramedics because my wife will have seriously injured me
  • mikpgamikpga www.mikedeitersgolf.com Members Posts: 7,347 ✭✭
    BK or DC
  • Redjeep83Redjeep83 Members Posts: 5,085 ✭✭

    @iteachgolf said:
    Redjeep83 said:

    Im actually going to be right next to Bradenton, Fl, Orlando is short while away but was looking at golf instructors near where I will be and that new guy Tiger is working with on putting is in Bradenton. However, really young guy and charges "500" an hour, lol, no thanks

    Matt Killen isn’t really young.  He’s been teaching on the PGA Tour for almost 15 years. 

    Brendan Kennedy is good.  Hernen Rey is also good and he’s at OCN.  

    Yea, I know he’s been out there awhile, I remember looking him up like 10 years ago in Kentucky but he was charging like 500 then as well, too rich for my blood.

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,195 ✭✭
    edited Apr 2, 2019 2:44am #12

    The PGA tour is centered in Orlando. You live in golfs capital. You should have zero problem finding someone good and close to the tour. Someone very smart and gets pro results.
    What a great place to live!

  • iteachgolfiteachgolf Members Posts: 16,601 ✭✭

    @BB28403 said:
    The PGA tour is centered in Orlando. You live in golfs capital. You should have zero problem finding someone good and close to the tour. Someone very smart and gets pro results.
    What a great place to live!

    PGA Tour Headquarters is in Ponte Vedra not Orlando.

  • BB28403BB28403 Members Posts: 3,195 ✭✭
    edited Apr 2, 2019 5:17am #14

    Just up the road man! And anyway they should be in Orlando. ;)
    Isn't Tigers house PGA headquarters. Haha

  • rangersgoalierangersgoalie Members Posts: 1,745 ✭✭

    Personally no experience with him, but a former student of mine who now lives in Florida is working with Chris Couch. I feel like he has done some great stuff with my former student. Fwiw

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file