Club Champion Fitting - M5 Tour is a low spin monster!

Fresh Greens

I recently went in for a driver fitting at Club Champion and was fitted into the M5 tour. Ill keep it short about the fitting itself. The only thing I really liked about the fitting was the data that trackman provides (my first time on one) and the opportunity to hit all the aftermarket shafts.  My actual fitting itself was less than impressive. I currently play the XR-Subzero with a Matrix Black Tie-x flex (Carry was 278 avg with 2900rpm on trackman).  At the end of the fitting they had me in the Flash Subzero with the evenflow black (6.5 x-flex, 65 gram).  I really liked the shaft I was fitted into however the combo I was fitted to was spinning more than my gamer and not as long. (3050 rpm)

Now onto the M5 Tour. I still has some time left on my fitting and was disappointed with the results they came out with so I asked him to try the M5 Tour again but to set the head similar to where we finished with the Flash Subzero. (During the first part of the fitting they ruled out the M5 Tour as its numbers were not as good as the flash. Heads were all set neutral and 9 degrees at that time) The M5 Tour was set to about 7.25 degrees and had the weights all the way forward in the head.   Now we seemed to be getting somewhere. I took 6 swings with this setup and my spin had gone down by more than 500rpms. (This even took into account a pushy popup with 3500 rpms)  I was extremely impressed with the feel at impact on the M5, it just feels so solid, like the ball launches off the face. It was the best feeling head I hit during the fitting which is why I wanted to come back to it once more.  I have always been a high spin guy with the driver, always struggling to get it down below 3000 rpms. So for this setup to drop me to the lower 2000's was very impressive. If your one who struggles with high spin off your driver, I highly recommend trying the M5 Tour. Even if you do not need the help lowering spin, give this a whirl because its an absolute monster! Below is my trackman Data for the M5 Tour with the Evenflow black, 6.5 xflex, 65grams set to about 7.25 degrees.

zz7u7v9f9cc4.jpgm593dl5mn5p1.jpg

Your experience makes me question the club champion fitting a little bit. Did they not spend enough time with each head to get enough of a baseline from? 

Ping G430 Max 10K Tour 2.0 Black 6X

Titleist TS2 16.5 Diamana S+ 80TX

Titleist 818H1 19, 23 Atmos TS Blue 8X

Srixon ZX7 MKII 5-SW Modus3 120S

Taylormade MyHiToe LW Hi-Rev 2.0 115

Odyssey Tri Hot 5K Triple Wide 

Since you are discussing the M5 Tour...…….

DRIVERS (TBD):  COBRA DARKSPEED LS Tour 9*, Ventus TR Black 5x / HZRDUS G4 Black 60s //  PXG BLACK OPS TOUR 8*,  BLACK OPS TOUR 10.5*,  BLACK OPS STD 8*;  Vanquish 4TX / Diamana WB 53x / GD AD-VF 5s / Ventus TR Black 5x / Kaili White, Blue, Red 60x / Tensei AV White/Blue 65x / Diamana S+ 60x

FAIRWAYS:  TAYLORMADE STEALTH 2+ FAIRWAYS/HYBRIDS:  R13.5( FW Rocket TI), 12.8*, Kaili White/Blue 70X;  #3 FW, 15.0*, Kaili Blue 70X/Red 75X;  #4 FW TI, 16.6*, Kaili White 70TX;  #6 FW TI, 20.3*, Kaili White 80TX;  #3 HY 19.5*, Kaili White 90TX; #4 HY 22*, Kaili White 90X

PXG GEN5 0311X, Black Label Elite, 22*, Accra TZFive, 105DI, M5

PXG 0317T, Xtreme Dark, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG  GEN6 Two Sets 0311XP, Double Black and Xtreme Dark, 4 - LW, LAGP L Series, X

TAYLORMADE P7TW, 5 - GW, LAGP L Series, X

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II Milled Wedges, Xtreme Dark, 54*/10, 56*/10, 58*/10, 62*/10; // LAGP L Series, S

SCOTTY CAMERON CONCEPT X 7.2 LTD,  LAGOLF P 135g shaft // LAGOLF BEL-AIR X Forged Carbon Putter // TOULON GARAGE - Austin Custom Rose Gold // STEWART GOLF Q Follow Electric Cart..Carbon // SKYCADDIE SX550 // COBALT Q6 Slope

It seems as though you had to point the fitter at Club Champion in the right direction...like they were sort of lost.
I've never been to a Club Champion but this doesn't fill me with a great amount of confidence.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

willseo said:
Your experience makes me question the club champion fitting a little bit. Did they not spend enough time with each head to get enough of a baseline from? 
So their fitting process goes like this.

First they will have you test different shafts in either your gamer head or something like your gamer if they cant do shaft swaps on your gamer. About 5-6 shots per shaft.  They will then select the shaft that gives you the best numbers in your gamer.

Now they will take the shaft that preformed best and put it in all the different clubheads you will be trying.  Again 5-6 shots with each clubhead. Then they will select the head that gives you the best numbers. This is where it went wrong for me because all of these heads were not adjusted for me whatsoever, they were all neutral weighting at 9 degrees loft. No open or closed clubface adjustments etc. Given these settings the Flash Subzero had the best numbers.

Then after they fit you to your shaft and clubhead, they will then make adjustments to the club to improve your numbers further. However, in my experience the improvement from adjustments was minimal on the Flash. Leaving me with worse numbers than my gamer.

JohnKHawk said:
It seems as though you had to point the fitter at Club Champion in the right direction...like they were sort of lost.

I've never been to a Club Champion but this doesn't fill me with a great amount of confidence. 

I think I just had a bad experience. The technology and equipment they have on hand there is crazy. So they should be able to do a good job given what they have to work with. I was at the original location where the corporate office also is. My fitter was in for a month from out of town working in the studio while the construction is wrapper up on the new store he will be at. Aka he was training. Which is why I think I had to point him in the right direction some.

The process is interesting because from what I’ve read from people who test clubs all the time, it seems like some shafts work better in certain heads. Therefore the shaft that works great in your gamer may not be a good fit in another head? I’m not saying that’s true, just from what I’ve read that’s what it seems like the case. 

• Like 1

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

sbjinx said:
The process is interesting because from what I’ve read from people who test clubs all the time, it seems like some shafts work better in certain heads. Therefore the shaft that works great in your gamer may not be a good fit in another head? I’m not saying that’s true, just from what I’ve read that’s what it seems like the case. 
I agree - A shaft that works well with one driver head may not be the right shaft for every driver head.

Driver: Callaway Rogue STMaxLS 10.5 Degree

5 Wood: Cobra LTDxLS @ 17.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra King OS 3-4 Hybrid @ 20.5 Degree

Hybrid: Cobra Aerojet @ 24 Degree

Irons: Taylormade 2021 P790's 5-AW

Wedge: Taylormade MG3 54 Degree

Wedge: Callaway Sureout 2 @ 60 degree

Putter: PXG Closer

I have had similar experiences with club champion. I think their process is definitely not right for me. I just went back last week to finish my fitting since they didn't have many of the new clubheads at the end of January. The fitter tried to get the right shaft for a three wood but all his choices were spinning too much. I had to go look at the wall and pick shafts for myself and came up with a combo that carried 11 yards longer than any of his choices. With the driver it was the same as described above. They found the best shaft fit in the TS3 (my gamer) then used that shaft in different heads. I have found that for me combos work very differently. One shaft works great in my TS3 head but is super spinny in my Epic Flash. I guess they have to limit the combos to get through the full bag fittings but the process definitely doesn't optimize the fit in my opinion. 

Totally agree on the M5 Tour.  I hit it extensively and it's a low spin monster.  Few hundred rpm lower than the Epic Flash SZ.  Love the shape at address too.  Definitely worth a look if you need lower spin or like a smaller head. 

• Like 2

FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
Ari Techner
National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
[email protected]
IG: @nationalcustom
Twitter: @WorksNational
(still a huge club HO)

tgg27 said:
I have had similar experiences with club champion. I think their process is definitely not right for me. I just went back last week to finish my fitting since they didn't have many of the new clubheads at the end of January. The fitter tried to get the right shaft for a three wood but all his choices were spinning too much. I had to go look at the wall and pick shafts for myself and came up with a combo that carried 11 yards longer than any of his choices. With the driver it was the same as described above. They found the best shaft fit in the TS3 (my gamer) then used that shaft in different heads. I have found that for me combos work very differently. One shaft works great in my TS3 head but is super spinny in my Epic Flash. I guess they have to limit the combos to get through the full bag fittings but the process definitely doesn't optimize the fit in my opinion. 
Its very frustrating paying top dollar for a fitting like that and you have to more or less do it yourself.  The more I think about the shaft they fitted me for, the more I question it. They had me try 5 or 6 different shafts the evenflow black was literally the only one that was an option. All the others were so bad, either dispersion or spin/launch, that the evenflow was the pick by default. 

Maybe a bad store. My experience has been excellent multiple times. Once we identified a really good shaft for driver, really didn't matter the head, but we did adjust +/-. Just dropped the new head in the same shaft the next year. Although I had about three heads that would work. I just picked the one I liked best at that point. And even had them quiet the G, then the G400 just blew it away. Same everything, just nee head. SW, grip, big minus just like the 10.5 G down to 9.5. G400 is 10 to 9.

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Sounds like you settled on a good combo. If they let guys hit all the shafts and all the heads that they wanted then some fittings would take hours. You simply cannot hit every single shaft and head combination that "may work". There are a ton of shafts out there that are so called "low launch/low spin", but they might not always work right in a certain head. It sounds like you got a great set up now. Did you end up purchasing from them? Interested to see how that combo does outside.

> @"Fresh Greens" said:

> tgg27 said:

>

>

> I have had similar experiences with club champion. I think their process is definitely not right for me. I just went back last week to finish my fitting since they didn't have many of the new clubheads at the end of January. The fitter tried to get the right shaft for a three wood but all his choices were spinning too much. I had to go look at the wall and pick shafts for myself and came up with a combo that carried 11 yards longer than any of his choices. With the driver it was the same as described above. They found the best shaft fit in the TS3 (my gamer) then used that shaft in different heads. I have found that for me combos work very differently. One shaft works great in my TS3 head but is super spinny in my Epic Flash. I guess they have to limit the combos to get through the full bag fittings but the process definitely doesn't optimize the fit in my opinion. 

>

>

>

>

> Its very frustrating paying top dollar for a fitting like that and you have to more or less do it yourself.  The more I think about the shaft they fitted me for, the more I question it. They had me try 5 or 6 different shafts the evenflow black was literally the only one that was an option. All the others were so bad, either dispersion or spin/launch, that the evenflow was the pick by default. 

Better than the experience I had lol. Definitely comes down to the fitter.

> @JoeBloe777 said:

> Sounds like you settled on a good combo. If they let guys hit all the shafts and all the heads that they wanted then some fittings would take hours. You simply cannot hit every single shaft and head combination that "may work". There are a ton of shafts out there that are so called "low launch/low spin", but they might not always work right in a certain head. It sounds like you got a great set up now. Did you end up purchasing from them? Interested to see how that combo does outside.

I I understand completely on hitting all the shafts and heads, there are just too many options. I just wish I would have hit more than one shaft that was producing decent numbers/dispersion. It felt like I decided on a shaft by default. Where if there were two or three that provided similar numbers, I could have made a choice on which felt best or had the best dispersion etc. I just still wonder what else is out there that may have also worked or worked even better.

Like you said though, I did end up finding a nice combo that was spinning much less than my gamer. (Which is why I went) I did not end up purchasing through them. It was going to be around $1,000 for setup. I ended up ordeing the M5 Tour with the CK Orange direct from Taylormade. I heard they order clubs with the stock shaft and then install the custom shaft and get rid of the stock shaft. This was I can at least keep the CK Orange and resell. I will probably keep an eye out in the classifieds and ebay for a handcrafted Evenflow Black and then pay to have Club Champion "Pure" and install.

> @gsrjc said:

> Played a few holes with a M5 tour and compared it to my M3 tour using the same shaft and settings. M5 tour was more spin than my M3 tour. So M5 tour is out. I will say the matte black makes the M5 tour look so tiny beside the M3 tour. Still searching for a better driver.

That's not good news, at least you know though. Mine should arrive today so looking forward to giving it a try outside once the weather allows.

> @"Fresh Greens" said:

> > @gsrjc said:

> > Played a few holes with a M5 tour and compared it to my M3 tour using the same shaft and settings. M5 tour was more spin than my M3 tour. So M5 tour is out. I will say the matte black makes the M5 tour look so tiny beside the M3 tour. Still searching for a better driver.

>

> That's not good news, at least you know though. Mine should arrive today so looking forward to giving it a try outside once the weather allows.

Good luck to you.

> @"Fresh Greens" said:

> > @JoeBloe777 said:

> > Sounds like you settled on a good combo. If they let guys hit all the shafts and all the heads that they wanted then some fittings would take hours. You simply cannot hit every single shaft and head combination that "may work". There are a ton of shafts out there that are so called "low launch/low spin", but they might not always work right in a certain head. It sounds like you got a great set up now. Did you end up purchasing from them? Interested to see how that combo does outside.

>

> I I understand completely on hitting all the shafts and heads, there are just too many options. I just wish I would have hit more than one shaft that was producing decent numbers/dispersion. It felt like I decided on a shaft by default. Where if there were two or three that provided similar numbers, I could have made a choice on which felt best or had the best dispersion etc. I just still wonder what else is out there that may have also worked or worked even better.

>

> Like you said though, I did end up finding a nice combo that was spinning much less than my gamer. (Which is why I went) I did not end up purchasing through them. It was going to be around $1,000 for setup. I ended up ordeing the M5 Tour with the CK Orange direct from Taylormade. I heard they order clubs with the stock shaft and then install the custom shaft and get rid of the stock shaft. This was I can at least keep the CK Orange and resell. I will probably keep an eye out in the classifieds and ebay for a handcrafted Evenflow Black and then pay to have Club Champion "Pure" and install.

>

>

You do realize that you could have ordered that same set up at Club Champion? Club champion is a heads only account. They do not order clubs with stock shafts and then discard the stock shaft. They have heads in stock and shafts aftermarket shafts in stock, but if you want to order direct from the OEM they can certainly do that as well. I have ordered a couple of clubs from OEMs through Club champion and they check everything once it comes in to make sure that the swing weight and specs that I need are as close as possible. I was told from a local rep that the OEMs love Club Champion and go out of their way to build their OEM orders at a higher tolerance to keep Club Champion happy. Just seems shady to make them do all of the work, come on here and somewhat bash them, and then have them not reap the benefits.

> @JoeBloe777 said:

> > @"Fresh Greens" said:

> > > @JoeBloe777 said:

> > > Sounds like you settled on a good combo. If they let guys hit all the shafts and all the heads that they wanted then some fittings would take hours. You simply cannot hit every single shaft and head combination that "may work". There are a ton of shafts out there that are so called "low launch/low spin", but they might not always work right in a certain head. It sounds like you got a great set up now. Did you end up purchasing from them? Interested to see how that combo does outside.

> >

> > I I understand completely on hitting all the shafts and heads, there are just too many options. I just wish I would have hit more than one shaft that was producing decent numbers/dispersion. It felt like I decided on a shaft by default. Where if there were two or three that provided similar numbers, I could have made a choice on which felt best or had the best dispersion etc. I just still wonder what else is out there that may have also worked or worked even better.

> >

> > Like you said though, I did end up finding a nice combo that was spinning much less than my gamer. (Which is why I went) I did not end up purchasing through them. It was going to be around $1,000 for setup. I ended up ordeing the M5 Tour with the CK Orange direct from Taylormade. I heard they order clubs with the stock shaft and then install the custom shaft and get rid of the stock shaft. This was I can at least keep the CK Orange and resell. I will probably keep an eye out in the classifieds and ebay for a handcrafted Evenflow Black and then pay to have Club Champion "Pure" and install.

> >

> >

>

> You do realize that you could have ordered that same set up at Club Champion? Club champion is a heads only account. They do not order clubs with stock shafts and then discard the stock shaft. They have heads in stock and shafts aftermarket shafts in stock, but if you want to order direct from the OEM they can certainly do that as well. I have ordered a couple of clubs from OEMs through Club champion and they check everything once it comes in to make sure that the swing weight and specs that I need are as close as possible. I was told from a local rep that the OEMs love Club Champion and go out of their way to build their OEM orders at a higher tolerance to keep Club Champion happy. Just seems shady to make them do all of the work, come on here and somewhat bash them, and then have them not reap the benefits.

I did pay $150 for my fitting, its not like they did a free fitting on me and then I went elsewhere. If they do order head only, I still would be paying full retail price ($550) for the head only. Which is basically the same thing as discarding the shaft. If I am paying $550 regardless, I personally would rather have the spare shaft to mess around with in other setups. I had them order the shaft this week so once the weather gets a little better, Ill be able to put it in play.

• 4 weeks later...

> @JoeBloe777 said:

> > @"Fresh Greens" said:

> > > @JoeBloe777 said:

> > > Sounds like you settled on a good combo. If they let guys hit all the shafts and all the heads that they wanted then some fittings would take hours. You simply cannot hit every single shaft and head combination that "may work". There are a ton of shafts out there that are so called "low launch/low spin", but they might not always work right in a certain head. It sounds like you got a great set up now. Did you end up purchasing from them? Interested to see how that combo does outside.

> >

> > I I understand completely on hitting all the shafts and heads, there are just too many options. I just wish I would have hit more than one shaft that was producing decent numbers/dispersion. It felt like I decided on a shaft by default. Where if there were two or three that provided similar numbers, I could have made a choice on which felt best or had the best dispersion etc. I just still wonder what else is out there that may have also worked or worked even better.

> >

> > Like you said though, I did end up finding a nice combo that was spinning much less than my gamer. (Which is why I went) I did not end up purchasing through them. It was going to be around $1,000 for setup. I ended up ordeing the M5 Tour with the CK Orange direct from Taylormade. I heard they order clubs with the stock shaft and then install the custom shaft and get rid of the stock shaft. This was I can at least keep the CK Orange and resell. I will probably keep an eye out in the classifieds and ebay for a handcrafted Evenflow Black and then pay to have Club Champion "Pure" and install.

> >

> >

>

> You do realize that you could have ordered that same set up at Club Champion? Club champion is a heads only account. They do not order clubs with stock shafts and then discard the stock shaft. They have heads in stock and shafts aftermarket shafts in stock, but if you want to order direct from the OEM they can certainly do that as well. I have ordered a couple of clubs from OEMs through Club champion and they check everything once it comes in to make sure that the swing weight and specs that I need are as close as possible. I was told from a local rep that the OEMs love Club Champion and go out of their way to build their OEM orders at a higher tolerance to keep Club Champion happy. Just seems shady to make them do all of the work, come on here and somewhat bash them, and then have them not reap the benefits.

I understand what you are saying but CC tried to sell me on paying full retail for both a set of irons, and a Driver, then pay extra for the shaft(s), then pay extra for this and that and everything else. The upcharges are over that top in my opinion.

Stealth 2 9* w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM 3 wood w/Ventus TR Blue
SIM UDI

P790 4 iron 
P770 5-PW
Hi Toe 3 50/54/58
SC Phantom 11.5
TP5X 

> @"Fresh Greens" said:

> willseo said:

>

>

> Your experience makes me question the club champion fitting a little bit. Did they not spend enough time with each head to get enough of a baseline from? 

>

>

>

>

> So their fitting process goes like this.

>

> First they will have you test different shafts in either your gamer head or something like your gamer if they cant do shaft swaps on your gamer. About 5-6 shots per shaft.  They will then select the shaft that gives you the best numbers in your gamer.

>

>

> Now they will take the shaft that preformed best and put it in all the different clubheads you will be trying.  Again 5-6 shots with each clubhead. Then they will select the head that gives you the best numbers. This is where it went wrong for me because all of these heads were not adjusted for me whatsoever, they were all neutral weighting at 9 degrees loft. No open or closed clubface adjustments etc. Given these settings the Flash Subzero had the best numbers.

>

> Then after they fit you to your shaft and clubhead, they will then make adjustments to the club to improve your numbers further. However, in my experience the improvement from adjustments was minimal on the Flash. Leaving me with worse numbers than my gamer.

> @"Fresh Greens" said:

> willseo said:

>

>

> Your experience makes me question the club champion fitting a little bit. Did they not spend enough time with each head to get enough of a baseline from? 

>

>

>

>

> So their fitting process goes like this.

>

> First they will have you test different shafts in either your gamer head or something like your gamer if they cant do shaft swaps on your gamer. About 5-6 shots per shaft.  They will then select the shaft that gives you the best numbers in your gamer.

>

>

> Now they will take the shaft that preformed best and put it in all the different clubheads you will be trying.  Again 5-6 shots with each clubhead. Then they will select the head that gives you the best numbers. This is where it went wrong for me because all of these heads were not adjusted for me whatsoever, they were all neutral weighting at 9 degrees loft. No open or closed clubface adjustments etc. Given these settings the Flash Subzero had the best numbers.

>

> Then after they fit you to your shaft and clubhead, they will then make adjustments to the club to improve your numbers further. However, in my experience the improvement from adjustments was minimal on the Flash. Leaving me with worse numbers than my gamer.

If we move a shaft from one head to another, or test a "different club head" with the same shaft, HOSEL specs on those heads and head weight better be the same, or the shaft want play the same, so picking the shaft first, then the head.....complicated and then some, and i doubt they are in control of the process for this reason alone since there aint no such thing as standard hosel specs or standard head weight. We also know that tip trim might be different from company to company, and not always correspond with the expected vs hosel specs, so this way of doing it is not exactly smart...the same shaft is not playing the same any more, so why think its a good fit no matter head and how it might be tip trimmed?

DO NOT SEND PMs WITH CLUB TECH QUESTIONS - USE THE PUBLIC FORUM.

> @"Fresh Greens" said:

> I recently went in for a driver fitting at Club Champion and was fitted into the M5 tour. Ill keep it short about the fitting itself. The only thing I really liked about the fitting was the data that trackman provides (my first time on one) and the opportunity to hit all the aftermarket shafts.  My actual fitting itself was less than impressive. I currently play the XR-Subzero with a Matrix Black Tie-x flex (Carry was 278 avg with 2900rpm on trackman).  At the end of the fitting they had me in the Flash Subzero with the evenflow black (6.5 x-flex, 65 gram).  I really liked the shaft I was fitted into however the combo I was fitted to was spinning more than my gamer and not as long. (3050 rpm)

>

> Now onto the M5 Tour. I still has some time left on my fitting and was disappointed with the results they came out with so I asked him to try the M5 Tour again but to set the head similar to where we finished with the Flash Subzero. (During the first part of the fitting they ruled out the M5 Tour as its numbers were not as good as the flash. Heads were all set neutral and 9 degrees at that time) The M5 Tour was set to about 7.25 degrees and had the weights all the way forward in the head.   Now we seemed to be getting somewhere. I took 6 swings with this setup and my spin had gone down by more than 500rpms. (This even took into account a pushy popup with 3500 rpms)  I was extremely impressed with the feel at impact on the M5, it just feels so solid, like the ball launches off the face. It was the best feeling head I hit during the fitting which is why I wanted to come back to it once more.  I have always been a high spin guy with the driver, always struggling to get it down below 3000 rpms. So for this setup to drop me to the lower 2000's was very impressive. If your one who struggles with high spin off your driver, I highly recommend trying the M5 Tour. Even if you do not need the help lowering spin, give this a whirl because its an absolute monster! Below is my trackman Data for the M5 Tour with the Evenflow black, 6.5 xflex, 65grams set to about 7.25 degrees.

IMO Knuckleballs do not roll. I think it would go 280 and stop, if not roll back a hop. Most of the pros balls do that nowadays. Stop cold when they hit the ground.

I play Matrix also in stiff and get somewhere between 270-300 on great hits. But I’m still learning so they do not happen that often.