TM M4 Tour Issue or M6 Retail

 OspreyCI ·  
OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
Joined:  in Equipment #1
The prices are about the same now (bit lower on M4 your issue). TM M4 Tour Issue Driver head or retail M6? Moving on from the retail M3 because I need a 10.5 head. I have demo’d the retail M6 and really liked it.  
Choices... 
Posted:
TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
TM MG2 54*
TM HT Bigfoot 60*
PXG Gen2 Gunboat
1

Comments

  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #2
    BTW. Staying with my GD AD DI Black 6s shaft for this head.
    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • cadman88cadman88 Advanced Member Buffalo / Rochester, NY 2442WRX Points: 181Handicap: November thru April in NY..Members Posts: 2,442 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #3
    Key thing to consider is the head weight of your current versus what you are looking to buy.. retail heads tend to be different weight than Tour Issue ones. Seeing as you are keeping your shaft setup, you might want to weigh your current head and decide if you want one the same, heavier, or lighter.
    Posted:
    • Mizuno ST190 9.5°, ATMOS Black Tour Spec 6x
    • Mizuno ST190 TS 15°, ATMOS Black Tour Spec 6x
    • Cobra F9 2-3 Hybrid @ 19°, Tensei CK Blue 80x 
    • Mizuno MP-18 SC 3-5,DG S300
    • Mizuno MP-20 MB 6-PW, DG S300
    • Taylormade Hi-Toe 56°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400
    • Taylormade Hi-Toe 60°, Dynamic Gold 120 Tour Issue S400
    • Scotty Cameron GoLo 3 35"

          


  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #4
    Lcadman88 said:
    Key thing to consider is the head weight of your current versus what you are looking to buy.. retail heads tend to be different weight than Tour Issue ones. Seeing as you are keeping your shaft setup, you might want to weigh your current head and decide if you want one the same, heavier, or lighter.
    Thanks and good thoughts, but I would add weight to the retail M6 to get SW I need. 
    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • puresurfrpuresurfr  2256WRX Points: 210Members Posts: 2,256 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #5
    im debating a similar issue.....gaming the M4 tour issue and its awesome but the M5 seems to sound and feel a bit better.....no gains in ball speed.  Since I won't be gaining any yards, it seems a big gamble to sacrifice a known fairway finder for better sound and feel....if accuracy was the same, I would trade in a second !
    Posted:
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #6
    puresurfr said:
    im debating a similar issue.....gaming the M4 tour issue and its awesome but the M5 seems to sound and feel a bit better.....no gains in ball speed.  Since I won't be gaining any yards, it seems a big gamble to sacrifice a known fairway finder for better sound and feel....if accuracy was the same, I would trade in a second !
    Thanks for the feedback. So a hotmelted M4 does not feel as good as a retail M5?
    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • Kale_mKale_m  2286WRX Points: 420Members Posts: 2,286 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #7
    I stick to retail heads. I have a habit of cracking driver faces. No warranty on a tour issue head. If the retail one cracks they just send you a new one. So for me retail is the clear winner 
    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    3wood — TBD 
    Ping g410 3hy at 20*
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Oddessey stoke lab 10s 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #8

    Haha. I don’t have the speed to crack faces

    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • Kale_mKale_m  2286WRX Points: 420Members Posts: 2,286 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #9

    Probably would not notice the difference then

    On -, @OspreyCI said:

    Haha. I don’t have the speed to crack faces
    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    3wood — TBD 
    Ping g410 3hy at 20*
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Oddessey stoke lab 10s 
  • tdog4tdog4 tdog4 Texas 646WRX Points: 86Handicap: 9Members Posts: 646 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #10

    I have owner both. Not much difference in distance so if you can find a tour issue with the specs you want I would go with it. I have the M4 Tour Issue in my Bag.

    Posted:
    Taylormade M4 10.5* Tensei Pro Blue 60
    Taylormade M4 HZRDUS Red 75
    Taylormade M3 4h. Aldila Black. 
    Taylormade M3 5h. Aldila Black. 
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal 6-PW
    Titleist SM7 46,50,54,58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5. 
    Taylormade TP5X balls
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #11

    Scored a hotmelted M6 Head from a fellow WRXer.

    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • HedgehogHedgehog EU 504WRX Points: 197Handicap: 5Members Posts: 504 Golden Tee
    Joined:  edited Mar 25, 2019 #12

    Go for the M6, better feel, better looks, more forgiving, face is the same. Significantly lower spin.

    I have had both, would not go back to M4.

    M4 weight kits fit the M6, that way you can fix the sw.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10° Tour 65X
    TM M6 15° Hzrdus Yellow 76 6.0
    G410h 19° AD-DI 85x
    Ping G410 Crossover Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0
    Ping iBlade 5-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX4 52/56° Tour Issue S400
    Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W Stability Shaft
    Titleist ProV1 2019
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #13

    On -, @Hedgehog said:

    Go for the M6, better feel, better looks, more forgiving, face is the same. Significantly lower spin.

    I have had both, would not go back to M4.

    M4 weight kits fit the M6, that way you can fix the sw.

    Thanks. Good stuff. Mine is coming hotmelted to 200 grams. Playing it at 45 or shorter.

    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & Houston 2626WRX Points: 276Members Posts: 2,626 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #14

    what is the standard weight of the M6? I was shocked when TXG said theirs was 193 and their G410 was 201, huge difference.

    Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217
  • HedgehogHedgehog EU 504WRX Points: 197Handicap: 5Members Posts: 504 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #15

    On -, @scott_Donald said:

    what is the standard weight of the M6? I was shocked when TXG said theirs was 193 and their G410 was 201, huge difference.

    It's 195gr. My M4 and M6 where both 195gr.

    I have mine at 203gr with a weight set now because I play a 45,25" shaft and like a heavier head.

    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 10° Tour 65X
    TM M6 15° Hzrdus Yellow 76 6.0
    G410h 19° AD-DI 85x
    Ping G410 Crossover Hzrdus Smoke 90 6.0
    Ping iBlade 5-PW Modus3 105S
    RTX4 52/56° Tour Issue S400
    Ping Glide Forged 60° DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W Stability Shaft
    Titleist ProV1 2019
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #16

    Mine is coming at 200 grams and hope it works out perfect D2 at 45”. Thinking it will.

    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • Kale_mKale_m  2286WRX Points: 420Members Posts: 2,286 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #17

    Swing weight is so weird

    My m4 weighs 194g without the adapter
    Play a Tensei Pro orange 70tx
    45” playing length
    NDMC standard grip

    Sw is at D3

    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    3wood — TBD 
    Ping g410 3hy at 20*
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Oddessey stoke lab 10s 
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the Sun 5269WRX Points: 398Handicap: 10Members Posts: 5,269 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #18

    On -, @Kale_m said:

    Swing weight is so weird

    My m4 weighs 194g without the adapter
    Play a Tensei Pro orange 70tx
    45” playing length
    NDMC standard grip

    Sw is at D3

    Mine might come way too heavy looking st your setup. The PO is counterbalanced too.

    Posted:
    TM SIM Max D 10.5 GD AD DI Black 5s
    TM M4 15* GD AD DI 6s
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    TM P790 4-AW Modus 105
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT Bigfoot 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • Kale_mKale_m  2286WRX Points: 420Members Posts: 2,286 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #19

    On -, @OspreyCI said:

    On -, @Kale_m said:

    Swing weight is so weird

    My m4 weighs 194g without the adapter
    Play a Tensei Pro orange 70tx
    45” playing length
    NDMC standard grip

    Sw is at D3

    Mine might come way too heavy looking st your setup. The PO is counterbalanced too.

    But it is also .75” Under standard length and still comes in at the stock SW. which is weird. I don’t think the PO has as big of a counterbalance effect as many say

    Posted:
    Ping g410 LST 9* weight in toe, PW70tx 
    3wood — TBD 
    Ping g410 3hy at 20*
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Callaway md4 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Oddessey stoke lab 10s 
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & Houston 2626WRX Points: 276Members Posts: 2,626 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #20

    On -, @Kale_m said:

    On -, @OspreyCI said:

    On -, @Kale_m said:

    Swing weight is so weird

    My m4 weighs 194g without the adapter
    Play a Tensei Pro orange 70tx
    45” playing length
    NDMC standard grip

    Sw is at D3

    Mine might come way too heavy looking st your setup. The PO is counterbalanced too.

    But it is also .75” Under standard length and still comes in at the stock SW. which is weird. I don’t think the PO has as big of a counterbalance effect as many say

    My M3 is 204.5g playing 44.75 inches with a 70 TX PO and is D4. I think I lost 3 swing weight points with the PO.

    Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 46*F, 50*F C taper X
    • Vokey SM7 RAW 54*M, 60*M S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.