Interlock vs Vardon

2»
2

Comments

  • NikeGolferTXNikeGolferTX Members  346WRX Points: 52Handicap: ?Posts: 346 Greens
    Joined:  #32

    The closer the hands, the better IMO. Interlock!

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • DoubletripledoubleDoubletripledouble Members  15WRX Points: 8Handicap: 17.3Posts: 15 Bunkers
    Joined:  #33

    Are you guys using interlock/overlap on woods? I use interlock on irons and wedges but it always felt so weird on woods so I just use baseball grip on those clubs.

    Posted:
  • thepinkbomberthepinkbomber Members  744WRX Points: 70Posts: 744 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #34

    On -, @lowheel said:

    Easier to fade the ball with vardon easier to draw with interlock

    Have you tested this? What makes this so?

    Currently I use Vardon. Curious if interlock can reduce draw spin without trying. Anyone else test this?

    Posted:
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members  6783WRX Points: 1,883Posts: 6,783 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #35

    On -, @thepinkbomber said:

    On -, @lowheel said:

    Easier to fade the ball with vardon easier to draw with interlock

    Have you tested this? What makes this so?

    Currently I use Vardon. Curious if interlock can reduce draw spin without trying. Anyone else test this?

    I teach and yes have tried this.Its a general rule that isnt 100% but you get the idea. Weakening the grip slightly and playing a 3 finger cut will all but remove any draw as well. If youve been doing it for along time quality of strike will suffer for sure at first but you will see quick results. When your left hand becomes more dominant its easier to deliver a slightly open face and hold it through.Try it on the range, it will feel different so try it with short irons and work your way up

    Posted:
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members  2787WRX Points: 712Posts: 2,787 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #36

    On -, @lowheel said:

    Easier to fade the ball with vardon easier to draw with interlock

    I have the exact opposite experience.

    Posted:
  • lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members  6783WRX Points: 1,883Posts: 6,783 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #37

    On -, @BiggErn said:

    On -, @lowheel said:

    Easier to fade the ball with vardon easier to draw with interlock

    I have the exact opposite experience.

    And thats perfectly normal. Its generally speaking. Kelvin Miyahara has done alot of research on this for tour players. Its a rule of thumb but not absolute

    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Jack_HJack_H Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers  30848WRX Points: 7,109Handicap: NONEPosts: 30,848 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #38

    I have the exact opposite too. I use interlock and always found a fade easy ... but I draw the ball easily too. With the one exception. To draw it I make sure to increase grip pressure on my right hand. specifically my thumb and Pointer finger. I’m very left hand dominant though. As in near lefty playing righty. On film my right hand comes nearly off the club for a fade , similar to Vijay or Phil.

    Overlap I feel like my right hand isn’t even on the club. Hate it.

    Posted:
    TM SIM max 10.8 Fuji Ventus red 6x 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  3- PW   Modus 130X 
    Artisan Raw  53 59 s400
    Cameron GSS 1.5 009. Sound slot,  tungsten weights. 


  • clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead Members  298WRX Points: 110Handicap: 7.7Posts: 298 Greens
    Joined:  #39

    The interlock is causing me a ton of pain in my right ring finger now for some reason. Seems the big knuckle is getting pinched somehow during the swing. Probably too much grip pressure is at the heart of that if I had to guess. I think I may out of necessity need to go to the overlap at least for a while.

    Posted:
  • chigolfer1chigolfer1 Members  1240WRX Points: 302Posts: 1,240 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #40

    On -, @clp34vmp said:

    The interlock is causing me a ton of pain in my right ring finger now for some reason. Seems the big knuckle is getting pinched somehow during the swing. Probably too much grip pressure is at the heart of that if I had to guess. I think I may out of necessity need to go to the overlap at least for a while.

    have you tried 10 finger? It's pretty easy to get used to right away, for me at least.

    Posted:
  • clp34vmpclp34vmp Cancel that mead Members  298WRX Points: 110Handicap: 7.7Posts: 298 Greens
    Joined:  #41

    On -, @chigolfer1 said:

    On -, @clp34vmp said:

    The interlock is causing me a ton of pain in my right ring finger now for some reason. Seems the big knuckle is getting pinched somehow during the swing. Probably too much grip pressure is at the heart of that if I had to guess. I think I may out of necessity need to go to the overlap at least for a while.

    have you tried 10 finger? It's pretty easy to get used to right away, for me at least.

    I tried it once for chipping and thought it worked pretty well. Never on a full swing. It's worth a shot though.

    I'm playing 18 this afternoon and again tomorrow, and I'm worried the knuckle is going to be in some pain with that many full swings, so I may give it a try today if it really starts bothering me.

    Posted:
  • JAMH03JAMH03 Members  979WRX Points: 437Posts: 979 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #42

    Vardon and it's not close.

    Posted:

     



  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • juststevejuststeve Members  5092WRX Points: 492Posts: 5,092 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #43

    I don't think there is a this one is better rule, although one might work better of an individual.

    Steve

    Posted:
2

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.