wilson c300 forged

topspark ·  
topsparktopspark  131WRX Points: 49Members Posts: 131

Picked up a set of these a few weeks ago , and even though I am a mid capper, these are a really easy iron to use.
surprisingly forgiving and very appealing on the eye.
i have tried most game improvement irons, but as a package, distance, dispersion, and looks, I do not think I have ever had such a complete package for my game.
Looking forward to getting a few more rounds in with these.

Posted:

Comments

• ChadwickogChadwickog  368WRX Points: 95Members Posts: 368

I play the 3 and 4 irons in my bag. For long irons, they are incredibly easy to hit, and have a great feel

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hardtenhardten  3622WRX Points: 144Members Posts: 3,622

I have owned 40 sets since 1975 amd most player CBs,many GI,few SGI,and a few blades. The C-300 Forged 5-g, upgraded KBS Tour Flighted 110 reg are honestly among the best I have owned=playable,LONG,and beautiful. I have a number of ailments I won't get into but have been thinking of going graphite at least thru this season which in Michigan never seems to get here.I have been demoing Apex 19,Rogue Pro,CF16,Hot Metal Pros, Cobra Forged Tec black and more with graphite. All great sticks but the C-300 Forged goes toe to toe. I only have a few months play in them bought new last August but may decide to sell cheap at $395 to fund graphite sticks. For clubs that are $899 although we all know they can be had for less I feel mixed about semi giving them away.
    Yes I agree with the OP there good sticks soooo overlooked.

Posted:
  • T.B.T.B.  294WRX Points: 100Handicap: 10Members Posts: 294

These are great sticks. I play 3-gw in these. Very long and forgiving. I have graphite in the 3 iron. Elements chrome and it’s great. A little more responsive. In 4-gw I’ve been playing kbs tour 90s. I like the shaft, but considering something a little heavier.

Posted:
  • Tazz4629Tazz4629  59WRX Points: 75Handicap: 16Members Posts: 59

I'm considering a set of these. I like the looks, the feel, the sound it makes at impact.

One thing I am wondering about is how well are these clubs able to work the ball. I like to fade and draw the ball so workability is an important aspect of the buying decision for me

Posted:
    Srixon Z745 5I-PW,  Callawy Mack Daddy Forged Wedges - 50*, 54*, 58*,   Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 22*,  Tour Edge XCG Hybrid 19*,  Tour Edge CBX Fairway metal 18*,  Tour Edge EXS 10.5*  Driver, EVNROLL ER1 Putter
  • boggymanboggyman  2828WRX Points: 282Members Posts: 2,828

You like the looks, sound , and feel but are curious if the “clubs” can work the ball? Where’d you hit, these or did you just waggle them.? I always thought the player was in control of working the ball. On the flip side, there’s not much offset , so for a player who is capable and does work the ball you’d have no problem. >

On -, @Tazz4629 said:

I'm considering a set of these. I like the looks, the feel, the sound it makes at impact.

One thing I am wondering about is how well are these clubs able to work the ball. I like to fade and draw the ball so workability is an important aspect of the buying decision for me

Posted:
  • B-NadsB-Nads  339WRX Points: 90Members Posts: 339

They are a very nice looking iron - a bit TM / Callaway busy looking compared to the V6's clean look, but very nice indeed. I just picked up a set of F5's dirt cheap, and I can't get over how easy they are to hit straight shots with...no workability (which works fine for me given how little golf I've been playing these past few seasons), but you can play a David Toms game all day with them. The C300F may be an interesting option if I get more rounds in.

Posted:
    In the C130:
    Driver - 2017 Taylormade M1
    3 wood - 2016 Taylormade M1
    Hybrid - Taylormade M4 19*
    Irons - Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4i-GW
    Wedges - Callaway MD3 56* / PM Grind 60*
    Putter - Odyssey Versa #7
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Tazz4629Tazz4629  59WRX Points: 75Handicap: 16Members Posts: 59

On -, @boggyman said:

You like the looks, sound , and feel but are curious if the “clubs” can work the ball? Where’d you hit, these or did you just waggle them.? I always thought the player was in control of working the ball. On the flip side, there’s not much offset , so for a player who is capable and does work the ball you’d have no problem.

Hit them at the big box store in one of their bays on the simulator. The player is in control of working the ball but some clubs are easier to work both ways then others. Offset plays a part in that.

Thanks for the input

Posted:
    Srixon Z745 5I-PW,  Callawy Mack Daddy Forged Wedges - 50*, 54*, 58*,   Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 22*,  Tour Edge XCG Hybrid 19*,  Tour Edge CBX Fairway metal 18*,  Tour Edge EXS 10.5*  Driver, EVNROLL ER1 Putter
  • boggymanboggyman  2828WRX Points: 282Members Posts: 2,828

You bet. Good luck in your search. >

On -, @Tazz4629 said:

On -, @boggyman said:

You like the looks, sound , and feel but are curious if the “clubs” can work the ball? Where’d you hit, these or did you just waggle them.? I always thought the player was in control of working the ball. On the flip side, there’s not much offset , so for a player who is capable and does work the ball you’d have no problem.

Hit them at the big box store in one of their bays on the simulator. The player is in control of working the ball but some clubs are easier to work both ways then others. Offset plays a part in that.

Thanks for the input

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.