Robert Garrigus

lawsonmanlawsonman Members Posts: 5,166 ✭✭

Suspended for 3 months for testing positive for pot. Little harsh in my opinion. A warning should have been sufficient for the first offense.

Welcome to where dumb opinions are better than no opinion. :)

Ping G400 9°
Ping Anser 17,20,23, hybrid
Ping G25 6-UW
Ping Glide 54,58ES
Ping Ketsch Vault 2.0
Ping DLX Bag

Snell MTB Black

Comments

• fowlerscousinfowlerscousin Members Posts: 792 ✭✭

Golf is a sport where we can get away from potheads

• MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,450 ✭✭

Not the first offense, plus Robert has admitted for years that use caused him problems in past.

Taylormade R510tp TI 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    Cleveland launcher DF tour 17* Fuji Rombax 8x07
    TEE CNC forged limited 3-pw DG tour concept 
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron '96 Laguna
  • fowlerscousinfowlerscousin Members Posts: 792 ✭✭

Oh I forgot, current year, gender doesnt exist etc

• dropkickeddropkicked Members Posts: 478 ✭✭

I'm sure a few pro's could use a little dube.. it will help them chill..
    Seriously though, for cannabis? was he stopping at the turn for munchies or something? :D

• marmooskapaulmarmooskapaul Posts: 1,341 ✭✭

The problem with pot is that it stays in your system too long. IDK if there is anyway to measure the amount of THC like alcohol breathalyzer for people driving or not. What amount is permissible and what amount is not.?? That is going to be the problem with drug legalization . Will employers put up with a positive blood test?? You come to work with alcohol in your system and most places fire you. You get pulled over driving..you get arrested . Will be interesting how it pans out. I'm ok with legalization and I personally can't stand a THC buzz...but doesn't bother me if others smoke or eat it around me.

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,358 ✭✭

@PZero said:

Lmao, post of the day!

^ I need to find HD versions of "up in smoke".. :D

• ShilgyShilgy Members Posts: 11,298 ✭✭

@brkuck said:
    Dumb rule. Its legal in a lot of states and what players do in their personal time shouldnt be up to the USGA and their regime to interrupt.

Nothing to do with the USGA. I believe it is part of the golf in the Olympics testing with wada.

WITB
    Tools for the job!

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened . :)

Game is recovering from total ankle replacement. Getting there and glad to be pain free!
  • marmooskapaulmarmooskapaul Posts: 1,341 ✭✭

@dropkicked said:

@marmooskapaul said:
    The problem with pot is that it stays in your system too long. IDK if there is anyway to measure the amount of THC like alcohol breathalyzer for people driving or not. What amount is permissible and what amount is not.?? That is going to be the problem with drug legalization . Will employers put up with a positive blood test?? You come to work with alcohol in your system and most places fire you. You get pulled over driving..you get arrested . Will be interesting how it pans out. I'm ok with legalization and I personally can't stand a THC buzz...but doesn't bother me if others smoke or eat it around me.

The problem is that it should not be illegal. Silly for someone to be suspended for consuming a plant.

Alcohol is legal...but you can still be arrested for driving under the influence....and employers set their own threshold for what they will tolerate. People take legal substances and abuse them all the time. I could see where sports would quit testing for it. Maybe??

• lowheellowheel LOWHEEL Members Posts: 6,004 ✭✭

@marmooskapaul said:

Very well said.My cousin works in a loading dock as crane operator.Pee test everyday without exception. Its just reality for alot of folks

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker Members Posts: 5,179 ✭✭

@lowheel said:

@marmooskapaul said:

Very well said.My cousin works in a loading dock as crane operator.Pee test everyday without exception. Its just reality for alot of folks

Are those guys allowed to drink or are they just testing for drugs?

G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black

@ebrasmus21 said:

@lowheel said:

@marmooskapaul said:

Are those guys allowed to drink or are they just testing for drugs?

no drinking for 12 hours before your shift and yes they can test for that. Physicals 4 times a year and mandatory 25 hours with therapists annually. its also a dangerous 6 figure job with humongous burnout and depression/suicide rate

@dropkicked said:

@marmooskapaul said:

@dropkicked said:

@marmooskapaul said:

The problem is that it should not be illegal. Silly for someone to be suspended for consuming a plant.

Alcohol is legal...but you can still be arrested for driving under the influence....and employers set their own threshold for what they will tolerate. People take legal substances and abuse them all the time. I could see where sports would quit testing for it. Maybe??

You really can't compare alcohol impairment with being high. Not even remotely close.** When you get high, you don't lose control of your faculties. In fact, if you don't enjoy the high, all you need to do is eat something and you lose it. (not the case with edibles and def not with booze)**
    Also vaporizing or smoking cannabis has many health benefits which should be recognized as alternatives to Big Pharma... Cannabis over Opioids all day, everyday..
    In canada, many drug plans are recognizing the use of cannabis as an alternative to harmful pharma meds.

Yikes no... not even close. DUIs while high have surpassed DUIs because of alcohol. Also marijuana today has anywhere from 30 to 300 times the THC of marijuana from the late 70s early 80s. Have been linked to extreme depression and various forms of psychosis /schizophrenia.

@lowheel said:

@dropkicked said:

@marmooskapaul said:

@dropkicked said:

@marmooskapaul said:

You really can't compare alcohol impairment with being high. Not even remotely close.** When you get high, you don't lose control of your faculties. In fact, if you don't enjoy the high, all you need to do is eat something and you lose it. (not the case with edibles and def not with booze)**
    Also vaporizing or smoking cannabis has many health benefits which should be recognized as alternatives to Big Pharma... Cannabis over Opioids all day, everyday..
    In canada, many drug plans are recognizing the use of cannabis as an alternative to harmful pharma meds.

Yikes no... not even close. DUIs while high have surpassed DUIs because of alcohol. Also marijuana today has anywhere from 30 to 300 times the THC of marijuana from the late 70s early 80s. Have been linked to extreme depression and various forms of psychosis /schizophrenia.

Actually you're not even close. DUI's for impaired while high, have no accuracy. Canadian police dept's have adopted screenings that are proven failures. Cannabis from the 70's had about 15% THC, todays cannabis at max is about 27%. It also means people aren't smoking "Bob Marley" joints.. Further, there is proof that cannabis actually helps to alleviate various forms of psychosis, including schizophrenia, depression as well as various forms of neurological conditions such as epilepsy in that they can reduce or eliminate seizures.
    US government and Big Pharma, want you to believe that it's bad and their drugs are good.....

• HoosierMizunoHoosierMizuno Members Posts: 3,346 ✭✭

does anyone think if any star player....lets say top 20 ...... tested positive the pga would suspend?
    not to suggest any of these guys use it...but fowler, JT, tiger, koepka, rory....not a chance pga suspends, right?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
    TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
    Cobra F8 19*
    J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
    Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
    TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 
  • Darth PutterDarth Putter Members Posts: 4,598 ✭✭

swing is irrelevant, score is everything

just say NO.... to practice swings